Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WipEout 3 model AG-Systems craft in the WipEout Pure intro?

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default WipEout 3 model AG-Systems craft in the WipEout Pure intro?

In the intro to WipEout Pure on www.wipeoutpure.com, I noticed what looked like a side view blueprint of an AG-Systems craft from the F-7200 era just after the Piranah logo appears.

Anybody else notice this?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I noticed so many different things in this movie. I do not know how many informations are in it! I saw a few ships (in this blueprint style), weapons, team logos and so many other informations, I can't count them all!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Yeah, I noticed it too, definitely a Mk3 AG-S. Like Sausehuhn said, there's plenty of stuff flying around in the video, but this one was pretty obvious. Worth another look just to see what else is lurking around.

*now in possession of an excuse, Hellfire sneaks off to watch the video 20 times more*

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I've watched It at least a good 10 times now, and will probably patch it another 100 before I can actually get my hands on the game. The only reason I wanted a PS2 was for Wipeout Fusion (which wasn't worth it!!!! : ). Now, the same goes for the PSP.

PSN ID
    aealtrus

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    I noticed so many different things in this movie. I do not know how many informations are in it! I saw a few ships (in this blueprint style), weapons, team logos and so many other informations, I can't count them all!
    yes this game seems like a mix of the f5000 and f7200 legues
    Fx300
    league.
    wow a new name(fx)

PSN ID

Federation, umm, x mabye means ten. Soooo, federation 1300? Nah, I don't know!! Perhaps it just sounds cool: Federation x. It does to me, anyway.
    --
    I've seen a few blueprints, but they don't seem to show a lot. They show blueprints of parts well, however. :wink:

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Formula X mabey? could be that they wanted it to be a 4 digit number so they stuck a X int here to represent ten?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You also can see the whole FX300 AG-5Y5 ship sometimes in blue print style... and of course the old Wip3out AG-5Y5 craf, but just a short moment

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Just a thought: What about "X" for "experimental"?

naaaahhhh

i don't think so. think about it - the last league no. was F9000 (correct me if i'm wrong). That means that Pure's league would be sth. above that number, and considering the fact that the game is set in 37 years after FUSION (correct me if I'm wrong) then the number would be somewhere above 9000 making is a possible 13000. Now, isn't that too many 0 around here? Why not put 'X' instead of a "0" or "00"? That's a good idea. And apart that, "X" is cool (at least it appeared to be when 'The X-files' were on). Add "Wipeout" to "X" and you get FX300!

Edited, corrected - thanks Hellfire!

could be 10`300 [that's the way one of my calculators displays integers]

didn't i see somewhere that FX300 was supposed to be after W3O, but before Fusion? or was that a speculation by one of us?

although that would kinda make nonsense of 10000+. also Pure looks to be the top class of A-G racing, so it wouldn't be like Formula 2 or Formula Atlantic or other old ''low-cost'' versions of Formula type single-seat racecar series, that wouldn't follow the F1 timeline for regulations changes [different engine size, supercharged or not, weight limitations, etc]

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    didn't i see somewhere that FX300 was supposed to be after W3O, but before Fusion? or was that a speculation by one of us?
    I never heard of that...I always thought that Pure is set after Fusion (if I remember, i red this in an interview with one of Pure creators. He said something about Fusion being aimed at weapons, hence the new league is about speed [that's why it's being Pure - probably]. of course all this was related to chronological order of wipeout events).

except for the brighter look, Pure seems more like 2097/XL than anything else, but with neon W3O prototype-style versions of old tracks, plus zone mode from Fusion. adding the coolest to the coolest?

it 'feels' like a near contemporary in era to W3O, but is most definitely its own unique thing

it seems so, it just seems so Lance. we've got to praise wipeoutPure creators. There's no other way....

PSN ID

Well, I read somewhere that Sony bought Psygnosis, so would be somebody from Sony, or somebody else, or a mixture of both?
    --
    Edit: This is going off topic. I only saw Pirahna as a blueprint, and nothing else (other than what looked like blueprints of parts). Shouldn't we just wait for the game, rather than drooling over it. I may just get tired of it before it even comes out. You guys may chat, but I think I'm gonna take a break of Pure. Talk to you soon! :wink:

i'm sure you will

Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, almost 12 years ago, 2 years before the first wipEout. do try to keep up.
    all of the creators of Wipeout games, with the exception of outside design houses that did logos, billboards, and game menus, have been employees of Sony. who did you think the creators of WipEout Pure worked for? perhaps you should read further back in the forums to fill out your background knowledge so you can comment more accurately. there is a great deal of information on the history of Wipeout development in the forums, all the way back to the origin of the first concept. search for posts by Nick Burcombe and Jim Bowers, the co-creators of the first wipEout. also Lee Carus, and um.... was it Zippy or Bunny? or both? on the main site, Scott Naylor answered several of our questions about WO3.

Pure is set in 2197 (as mentioned in a couple of places). Unfortunately, I can't remember when Fusion was.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Fusion was set in 2160, according to the back of the box

only 37 years till a change in the formula! our descendents must not have found the previous formula quite as long-term satisfying as was expected

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    i'm sure you will

Sony bought Psygnosis in 1993, almost 12 years ago, 2 years before the first wipEout.
    That would mean Sony owned the rights to all the Wipeout’s right? So why did they produce one for the N64 a rival console?