Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: PSP...

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

Why have sony done it to us again!

Why did they up the US launch units if stock is low?!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Don't 'spose they had much choice. What's worse, upping stock to meet requirements in an already announced area, or releasing in another territory and being low on stock in both? I think they're just playing it safe.

Still pisses me off no end, but I really want them to get this right. If it does persist though, I will import, therer's only so far I'm willing to wait.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Who knows? We'll likely never find out because it's probably something along the lines of them already having distibuters in NA, so they can get lazy and not have to worry about ones on outr continent, either that or they think they'll not sell all those PSPs in europe

It's a mess for sure - makes me all the happier I imported last year - but Sony should have been the ones to break the Euro-games mess we've had since the start of the videogame industry.

Great opportunity missed.

Sony probably didn't want to spread themselves thin in the US and EU - better to have decent availability in each so everyone gets one while it's hot rather than a trickle in both regions. A bold impact a little later is probably better for Europe but it is annoying.

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

VERY annoying!!!

I really don't want to import the console, games yes, PSP no.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

But one would like a PSP about now J/K, can't be greedy and it seems we will indeed have to wait *sigh* it seems like forever we've been waiting for pure and it's just getting ever more distant!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I will not import a PSP. No, I will buy it when it's released in Europe. Hey, now I've more time to get money

PS: I've read, that a brittish shop has listed the game "Prince of Persia" for the 29.04.05 This would mean, that the console would be available at this date as well. Right?

Let's wait!

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I've just been doing a little research on various sites, and they're pretty much all saying the same thing, that Sony themselves are refusing to comment on release dates. I know in Ally's article Eurogamer claim it came from a source close to Sony, but I don't really want to believe anything until it has actually come from an official Sony representative. If these are just rumours flying around, then I guess their aim is to pressure Sony into announcing a date before they are ready, and maybe Sony are doing the right thing in dismissing them.

We might also be jumping the gun a little. The US release date was announced on February 3rd, seven weeks before the date. If Amazon has got this right by saying April 29th, this is in exactly seven weeks time. We just might hear something sooner than we think.

[/mindless optimism] :wink:

edit : Gameplay.co.uk has it listed as 20th May, but it's only a guess. I've also signed up to GAME's PSP preorder mailing list, they'll email me when the official release date is announced.

Mobius, Longhorn was supposed to be available last year; now they're talking about 2006, maybe 2007

PSN ID
    AG-Spike

Once they start putting the units aside for Europe, it will only be a matter of time.
    When they do this, they will have to make an announcement.

"Every hour brings us nearer, every minute makes the fog clearer"

I am as in the dark are you guys as to the European release of the PSP, however my educated guess would be late April.

And that is a guess, we havent been told, well I havent

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

My local store are telling me "anytime between may and june".
    So, I'm placing a large wager on August 19th.

I have been playing with a PSP for the past couple of days, not much time mind you since my job is like slavery, but its a great handheld; my cousin just came from japan where he got a job and took the plunge about buying a PSP, hes glad he did, ridge racers is fun to play, although not precisely in my line of racing, im more of a gran turismo driver when it comes to cars.

about the design, i feel the nub is a bit 2d for an analog stick, due to the fact that it slides rather than lever, but this is a handheld and i think the idea is good and practical. About the screen......I LOVE IT!, crisp, clear and big! (for a handheld) the sound is good but need to try it with some good movie and/or a game that has more effects than RR, the buttons are placed nicely, but my hands feel a little effort when playing (natural with almost every handheld, and also to the fact that i play in bed before going to sleep.
    About the looks of the PSP... its really good on this department, a lot of quality and very sleek and clean look, like an efficient sports car.

the way i see it Pure is going to look good on the PSP, even tho i dont like the ship designs very much, i think they have improved a lot or maybe its the fact that stills never do justice to any game, specially one that moves fast like Wipeout, i really hope it comes out a great game and revives the series, as we really need another Wipeout on console, and please Colin if in the future you work on Wipeout for the next Sony console (since you say its very improbable there will be another version for PS2) please please please, we need NegCon support !!!! its really REAlly important!!, dont let the same thing that happened with Gran Turismo happen to Wipeout, they ditched NegCon support!!.

Btw Colin if you havent seen them already, i have some sketces, drawings and ideas posted in the "some sketches" topic in the general discusion forum, i have different pictures on different galleries and on different posts on that topic, so theres much more than the first ones i posted,would like to hear your opinion if i can bother you with that