Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circuit plans ?

Stanza Inter is a very special track because you can either hate it or love it. No nothing in between (or I haven't seen anyone saying that they don't care about Stanza Inter).

me love Stanza Inter.

The first corners remind me of Altima VII, then there's the tunnel you can go through in a very distinctive way (tapping/tilting airbrakes so you throw your craft to the sides), then there are these sharp turns, and short tunnels, then there is unforgettible "DON'T WALK>RUN" sign, and the final stretch. Nice track. Luv it. Especially in the AG Sys > Phantom > TT setting.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    Guess it'll be less stressful since I've upped my skills (haven't played it since I last touched the (still incomplete) challenge mode...
    Incompleted!!!?? 8O Man I would be so ashamed to admit that!
    btw i see you are doing great on phantom but do you ever race vector or venom?
    asking coz of the ghost thing :roll:

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

heh, not done much in the lower leagues really mate, I've gotta go sign on for my jobseeker's today (too much information? ) but i'll put in some laps on the courses (maybe even Stanza, oooh ) when I get back

Edit: and yeah, about the challenges, there's a reason... Ok, maybe not a good one then heh, but! I filled in all the golds for the first 3 types in one session, wasn't too much worry, but the extra one looked a bit daunting after I played the 3rd challenge and realised that it was going in a funny order (started on Venom I think?), besides... i've been kinda caught up with trying to prove the power of the non-icari in TT... honest :

Edit: got on it before I went:

Mega Mall Vector: 0:42:92/1:30:68
    Stanza Inter Vector: 0:36:60/1:15:72 (Sun on screen: kept getting lost in the second tunnel
    Terminal Vector: 0:36:08/1:12:16

Oh and i've cleared my memory card to save some space for these ones, only got room for another 2 though and I can't find any more cards

Yeah, these are W3O PAL ones, I don't have SE Yup, just giving you taste of what you'll be looking at when you take on the old ghosts

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

uh oh! got me there by .08 sec :
    will have to waif for your ghost then so I can try n beat it with .08 as well?
    so .. you know what? .. er never mind stanza eh?
    btw it is wo3pal we are talking about and not SE right?

oh! back on topic!
    are there any plans like these of the classic track?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Not that I've found, so far... if I do find them I'll put them up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Shem
    Stanza Inter is a very special track because you can either hate it or love it. No nothing in between (or I haven't seen anyone saying that they don't care about Stanza Inter).
    Oh, but I do don't care! ;-) I think Stanza is OK, but nothing special either way. I find that I don't like "Venom class tracks" (or the second couple of tracks) in either WO2 and 3. They are too tricky to keep up much speed. Anyway, the track I really hate would be Sampa Run. Just whose idea were the two tunnel entrances where you bottom, top or wall out if you don't almost stop the engine before entering them?! ;)

Ben

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Just whose idea were the two tunnel entrances where you bottom, top or wall out if you don't almost stop the engine before entering them?!
    hear hear. I could just about cope with it on Wo3 but it nearly drove me insane getting gold on everything in SE. :x
    I do feel SE is too floaty. Is that a heretical view arund here?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

i'll lend my support thattaway too, the uphill S-bends drive me nuts, I usually manage to bottom out and then hit a wall when I start to adjust my pitch

Edit: my thoughts were exactly as G'Kyl said when I was TTing at stanza earlier, when I played it i realised that it indeed works in the slower classes, the short gaps between corners give you long enough to prepare and turn in Vector and Venom, so may I ask anyone who really likes Stanza Inter, how often do you race there outside of the first two classes? Just for curiosity's sake

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quite often on Rapier, it’s great fun going through that first tunnel at high speed!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by element42
    I do feel SE is too floaty. Is that a heretical view arund here? :?
    It is, as long as you say that about SE in general. ;) I do agree, though. Since I am currently at gathering all the golds in 3SE (I had been through in 3 before I got SE), I have to say that the game's flight mode is about perfect. Only the tracks clearly feel like they hadn't been designed for it (which, I suppose, they weren't).

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yes. Absolutely too floaty ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimension
    .. so may I ask anyone who really likes Stanza Inter, how often do you race there outside of the first two classes? Just for curiosity's sake
    Yes you may ... not that often ..

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

1. I like the floatiness, to my tastes it is Just Right.
    2. Either vector, or phantom. Anything between is just what you do to earn golds on every race.

I race Stanza at Raiper and Phantom. I just DO NOT understand how you can hate this track because of the sharp turns...It's a great track, I like the feel of speeding up and operating airbrakes taking a full advantige of them, slowing down the craft. It reminds me of F1 racing. There is ALWAYS a way to find how to glide through all these curves without a scratch, this makes a challenge, and is difficult, and whoever cannot cope with that, then they are just lame pilots :wink: Of course there's always a reason to don't like some tracks, so If sb tells me that they don't like the track just "because", then, OKAY, i won't argue. Everyone has their own preferences.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

because

Seriously though, it just drives me nuts going around it. if you'll notice though the 4 tracks I always race on (Porta Kora, Mega Mall, Hi Fumii (my least raced on (of the 4)) & Terminal) have some real amplitude in them (ok, maybe take PK outta the equation), that's kind of missing in Stanza if you avoid the big jumps on the left path, that's probably why I love Terminal so much, it's all up and downs I also find that I am magnetically drawn to Mega Mall, must be the Uber-Screw that does it :roll: