Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP price

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Default PSP price

Amazon is taking orders for the psp already, it's retailing at £180 - in america it is supposed to be $200 so the means the the european console is roughly reatiling @...

$320

i am really annoyed bout this - i hope it is just amazone ripping people off....

in japan it was worth 100 quid and the american price is about 100 also...

why the hell do we get ripped of - stupid taxes - stupid blair - stupid stupid.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Yeah mostly taxes really did kill us :cry: and the price would be about 170 pounds hopefully will be less than that but we will find out.

But still I will get it eventually.

stevie [/b]

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Re: PSP price

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    i am really annoyed bout this - i hope it is just amazone ripping people off....
    I really must object to that comment Amazon certainly don’t rip people off in fact if anyone gets ripped off by Amazon’s prices it’s Amazon themselves

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Let's let our Northamerican friends buy PSPs then we (European wipers) pay them what they payed + shipping :roll:

and then we sing in Harmony!

Preaterea censeo Carthaginem esse delandam

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    I really must object to that comment Amazon certainly don’t rip people off in fact if anyone gets ripped off by Amazon’s prices it’s Amazon themselves
    I agree i have got bargains on there - i just dont get it - it is going for twice the price than the rest of the world. anyone feel like taking out gordon brown at themoment or is that just me?

i like zargz' idea - american parcels get to my house quicker than parcel force!!!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    anyone feel like taking out gordon brown at themoment or is that just me?
    Certainly not, I've felt that way for a number of years, damn that man wanting his cut, it's not just ole Gordy though Sony are just as guilty, but they invented the PSP so I'm afraid Gordon gets the abuse as he dosen't exaclty help matters :

wow. you guys get hit HARD. I thought Canada's taxes sucked but damn. That's crazy. It's a shame I have to buy a PSP for 2 games...damn

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Christ, I was hoping it wouldn't be that much... Oh well, kind of come to expect paying astronomical amounts compared to foreign places, what's got to be done has got to be done I guess Still really bites though :cry:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Does it really have to be done? I can see a mass import of PSP's from Japan on the horizon, but maybe that’s not such a good idea as the more people that buy one in this country with a copy of Pure the better

if you want to, you could get the double pack thingy with a psp and metal gear solid three well now its changed to colin mcrea rally, for £209, i bought a guitar and an amp for less than that,

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

<off topic>
    piranha wiper: Isn't there a racing track in Darlington?
    </off topic>

<another off topic>
    Oh! came to think of it - i hope the piranha in Pure is called just that :arrow: piranha and Not pirhana!!
    I'm guessing the word comes from spanish piraña ( pronounced --> pirania )
    therefor piranHa is closer to the original word than pirHana!
    Not too sure about that one though .. :roll:
    .. lance? ..
    </another off topic>

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

I think piranha is Portuguese. The equivalent in Spanish is piraña.
    Both are pronounced the same way. Ñ sound is equivalent to the more widely known French GN.

i would have thought the name to be native or derived from native. presumably from at least one dialect spoken by a tribe that was contacted by europeans and where europeans first discovered the fish and adopted the native name. so i did a search on Google using three words, piranha, name, native as the search string and this is one of the first pages that i found:
    http://www.angelfire.com/biz/piranha..._Piranhas.html
    the author emphasises that 'piranha' is a native name, not a european language name.
    i suppose he could be wrong; i don't know how he obtained his knowledge base, but even though the search is affected by the words one uses in the search string, this looks to me to be the likely truth

whatever, you wouldn`t want to fall into a bathtub full of them. I know what I`d call them then, and I can`t repeat it as there might be minors present.

[quote="zargz"]<off topic>
    piranha wiper: Isn't there a racing track in Darlington?
    </off topic>

do you mean Donington? :wink: One of the finest tracks in TOCA2, and real life. Or maybe I`m being stoopid....

(shifting seamlessly back on topic....)

but I`m not stupid enough to pay more than £200 for a PSP and Pure. Apart from wipeout, the only other games I`ll be playing in the next couple of years are Studio Liverpool`s F1 Series and Madden - both available on PS2. So bring on the PS2 port of Pure, please, even though I have absolutely no reason to believe that this could ever happen, and even if it could happen they`d never admit it. Alternatively I might just smuggle a PSP in from a sensible country, or buy one anyway if I find myself drunk enough within range of a shopping centre one day, which is all possible.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by xEik
    I think piranha is Portuguese.
    I mean the way it's written. I should have said that the written form 'piranha' is Portuguese.

According to this
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=piranha
    and this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piranha
    it comes either from Tupi or Tupi-Guarani which probably have their own alphabet (this is a supposition, don't take my word for it).

zargz was guessing that the word originally came from spanish, which is why i noted that it doesn't. both portuguese and spanish spellings would just be their way of rendering the sounds of the original native word. even then, it would depend on which native tribe and dialect was encountered by whichever group of europeans brought the word into the european usage stream. i wouldn't imagine that the various tribes who live in piranha areas all say the same name and in the same way. tricky thing, language development. if i had more time in the day so that i could pursue all my potential interests, that's one of the things i'd like to study

PSN ID
    o_fluff

Don't want to be rude but what does this have to do with the price of beef?
    (Or psp's in this case...?)

same thing every off-topic side discussion has.

what i want to know is who is Gordon Brown and why is the PSP and every other hardware price so effin high in Britain? or is it just England? is it that high in Scotland, too? and what about the non-UK Irish republic?

Gordon Brown is the Chancellor of the Exchequer. His official residence is No.11 Downing Street, next door to the Prime Minister. He is basically in charge of the economy - though he doesn`t set interest rates. This is done by the Bank of England.

Consumer goods are equally highly priced in all of the UK, Scotland, England or elsewhere. I believe they pay a lot in Ireland too, but I`m not sure about that. You can get cheaper stuff in the channel islands and other dependent territories, and also from dodgy characters in pubs and market places.

I don`t really know why we pay a lot for goods - duties, taxes and the strength of the pound are all partly responsible, but I think the main reason is because we`re a bunch of non-complaining passive-consumer suckers. We get charged what companies can get away with - and they get away with a lot here, imo. I guess to go any deeper than that is a question for an economist.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yes i ment Donington ops:

Whatever the price is I will buy it!
    What can I do?
    will get woPure and ArmoredCore!