Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Wipeout Ideas

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Default Ideas

I have quite a few bits I'd like to see included/resurrected/improved upon:

I would like a track set in a futuristic Vienna, with all the sights in a highly modernised environment. It's my favourite city, and it definitely has a lot to offer. They've done Moscow (Vohl Square), now let's see one for Vienna!

In terms of weapons and other controls, I hope Hyperthrust makes a return; I missed it in Pure, expecting it to be included. On a similar note, I much preferred the pit lanes as opposed to absorption of pick ups - I hope pit lanes make a return. Auto-pilot was at its most drunken in Pure, so with luck it'll be tightened up for the next game. I hope they bring back team's own special weapons, too.

One of the features I liked the most in Fusion was the use first and second pilots, with the background and personalities the manual and game website provided. I'm sure a lot of you would prefer the 'personal' nature of 2097, 64, Wip3out and Pure in that you were you, but for me personally it was great to pick a racer whose personality was close to my own (or choose the hot girl pilots... ).

One last thing - let's see the number of teams upped again. I liked the packed grids with 16 racers in Fusion; just 8 seemed a little limited in Pure for me.

I actually dislike the hyperthrust, i think the boost pads were a better idea, they introduce a higher element of piloting to the game.

I need hyperthrust back, I need pitstops back and I need it to be so much faster!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You might get one of those things.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I hope it's the last of these 3 (and I know it isn't the 2nd).

You already know more, Rob?
    Hey just one small thing: did they already start now?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Wait and see.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

How long?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

As long as it takes.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

Talking

Hey Infoxicated, has developement of PS3 Wipeout started yet? Also, what would I have to do to possibly get a song I made put into the game? I know it sounds crazy, but I was just wondering.

Here the link to the song on my Myspace page. Its the first song that plays and is a tribute to Wipeout.

"Anti Gravity"

http://www.myspace.com/dimenzionalshift
    Last edited by Hacker X; 5th December 2006 at 09:36 PM.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

No comment.

As for the song, post a link to it so folk can check it out and you never know.

PSN ID
    Lord_Khan

I posted it a while back on the Pilots Lounge section, but I'll make a new thread in this section. Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    As long as it takes.

That right there would be the absolute best news I could possibly hear.

We don't want no "rush job" here, nosiree!
    If it were being developed, it should be developed with care and focus.

Thumbs up

When are we getting some Wipeout PS3 info?
    Anything, even confirmation that the game is in the works.
    Wipeout PS3 is basically the only game i'm looking forward to on any next gen console and no mention of it is downright frustrating.
    As for Ideas, I hope the game has nice track designs, both in layout and track scenery, and i'd like to see it keep its wipeout style, not go way off centre like fusion did.
    Also, one thing i found utterly annoying with wipeout pure was that i had to go into the profile and check my progress just to see which tracks/tournaments I had completed/achieved Gold in. It would be nice if we got a little gold, silver or bronze star in the event selection screen... hope that makes sense.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The front end shorcomings in Pure have been noted, and you can expect to see a vast improvement when you're playing the next Wipeout sequel.

As to when that'll arrive I cannot say - when the time is right the information will be made public. I neither have the authority or the permission to release any details.

In other news, this thread has gone way off topic and gotten to far too many pages to be of any use. Any further Wipeout ideas should be posted in a new topic with an appropriate title. Thanks for taking part in this one, though.