Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout Ideas

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

Old tracks would be nice, but it would make the game too large and complicated.
    Having old ships is a good idea as u can see how AGs evolved over time.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

how many tracks is too many?
    pure (eu at least) has 32 if you include zone and I don't thnk that's too many at all

if you take the older games then there's 36 including prototypes from 1/2/64/3/3se plus the 8 areas (including the A-B races area) from fusion and 24 non-remake tracks from pure

hrmm I guess 60 basic tracks plus the 8 areas with multiple tracks probably is a bit much for one game even so, I'd still like to play a wipeout game with that many tracks in it

how long do you want to wait for it? how much do you want to pay?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

How about each team has a few different models, for example, Piranha offers modernized versions of its prototypes, as well as the Swiftkiller (except GOOD-LOOKING), something like that. One team per ship, a whole AG-busload of ships, a swarm of teams...too confusing to follow.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Each team did have a few different models in wipeout Fusion and it didn't go down to well with most folk

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Ouch. The infamous upgrades, right? Then forget it...I'm just afraid of there eventually being enough teams for Suikoden WipEout...*laughs*

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool a world full of tracks...(dream)

What I would love to see in PS3 wipeout would be tracks which whip through some scenery that would still be around on earth in future (theoretically).
    Pretend that, say Paris has been wiped out (sorry bad pun), and the twisted wreck of Eiffel tower still lays over the streets, the Metro tunnels still exist here and there...and a track goes through all of it!drool, drool...
    Or take the track through a section of the Chunnel after the sea has collapsed it...
    I don't want to see the world's scenery copied, I want to see what might still be around in a few centuries and fly past so fast I'm not sure exactly what it is until I see the replay...
    ("Warning...Plasma",(fire)...oh was that Mt.Everest??)
    (Oh, and being up at mountain height could add some interesting anti-grav extras, like perhaps a little more speed, or less engine thrust due to thin air?)

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

lance: the 68+ tracks thing is a nice dream but there's no expectation for it to ever be anything more than exactly that.

I like some of those ideas medusa

I'd like to see more environmental interaction.
    like have certain pieces of track weapons-damagable (sp) so you could fall out through a gap created the previous lap, or have lumps of scenery as obstacles after they've been knocked onto the track.

at the moment wipeout pretty much puts you in an invulnerable tunnel.
    even having set pieces that can be knocked down like in need for speed most wanted or rollcage could work if done right.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

Yeah, something to add a little immersion. For example, smashing neon signs if you jump too high on a certain track or something...

PSN ID
    madwiperII

imo: i think that it should me a massive 3 disc game where you have all of the old music and all of the old ships and all of the old tracks! (also a couple of new surprizes as usual...)

Timezone
    GMT + 5.5

3 discs in Blu-ray format? That means one wildly expensive game.

Timezone
    GMT -6

But would you buy it? I would. Oh wait,... I'm poor.... maybe not. I had a 360 but got my money back to get married... so let's keep it cheap.

I'm not sure if the 3 Blu-Ray Disc format is a good idea...

If this whole thing cost over £80 then that will certainly burn a hole in your pocket! (if you buy it of course)

Timezone
    GMT -5

this is quite a bit different, but I think it could be a neat variation. Wipeout Battle. (or some other name) the basic idea is that the tracks would be designed to keep racers in a tight pack. weapon pads would be all over the place, and the AI is always super-aggresive. the race would end and you would get points for your finishing position, but you would also get quite a good amount of points for each opponent you eliminated. the psp might not be able to handle it, but then again, that little device just keeps astounding me. the tracks would have insanely banked turns, "figure eight" type segments (Good for collisions!) and jumps.

That sounds good enough for WipEout Fusion 2 but nice ideas including the tracks though.

sounds like Destruction Derby

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I would like one menu item that contains just infos about the teams, the tracks and all the other stuff.
    It would be really interesting to read the whole stories of the different teams, to get infos about how the league was opened, which people made this possible and how tracks were built and which coplictations came up.

But the info texts should be long, featuring pictures etc. and contain small infos that could be interesting as well (for example: "why this and this track got this and this name")

This menu item should of course include the "visitor mode" we were talking about a few months ago. I mean that mode where you can fly over the track and move your cam to all directions to see all the details the programmers put into the tracks.

...btw: that sould be available for the ships as well...

I like the information database and ship view ideas but visitor mode is alright. The ship information can be viewed as pop-up in ship selection as well as track information in track selection.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Airrider1

I second that. I like the ideas, it's streamlining them that'll be the real challenge...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

like rob said when tourist mode was last being talked about... all of these are great ideas that it would be cool to see developed further, but don't forget that the more time donated to implimenting each of them the less time donated to perfecting the core gameplay experience.
    the extra information on the tracks and ships would probably be relatively simple to impliment, but tourist mode as an example would be a lot more time-intensive

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade.. just reminding everyone of something else to consider.

personally, having the ultimate core game experience is the most important thing to me. all the fringe stuff would be great but I would be unlikely to use it more than once (that includes the extra info and backstory, I'd click past it)

ask yourself how many times you would usually watch a cut scene? the pure intro I think I have only watched 2 or 3 times since I got the game. it's not wasted though because it can also be used in advertising, the same could not necessarily be said for something like a tourist mode.