Thread: Movies/update at GameSpot

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Default Movies/update at GameSpot

They have new screens, movies, and a preview for Wipeout Pure over at GameSpot. There's some indications of some darker tracks like we're used to, but there are still a lot of lighter ones. Thrust trails are back too.

Enjoy!

p.s. I recommend the Gameplay Footage 3 video for a good graphical show.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I wonder who that was on gameplay footage 4 they seriously can't pilot!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

The trackdesign looks good! But the person who's playing the game is a really bad player... he don't know airbrakes, does he?
    And the sound is still not there. I don't think this hip-hop-music will be the right soundtrack (...you can find me in da club...)
    The weapons and their logos are looking good, too!

Let me say this:
    I WANT THIS GAME!!!

and this:

PSN ID
    o_fluff

In the words of andy from little britain... "i want that one!"

i just hope i dont have to quote him again in a few months time saying....

"i don't like it..."

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    I don't think this hip-hop-music will be the right soundtrack
    I think the background noise and music is the ambient noise of the CES where the vids were taken.

There's a developer interview too, and he says they're going to have original music and that they're going back to XL's style.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Looks cool, especially that track in video 3, brilliant background bits, tracks don't look too challenging though, then again the developer did mention 5 speed classes and with 12 new tracks and the classics up for grabs there'll be enough of a challenge I expect, we can but hope

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I hope in each class you will have to race the same number of laps. I like the "more-speed-more-laps-thing" in the older games, but the 3-laps-thing in Fusion is better. It would be cool if you could choose the number of laps by yourself when you've a gold medal on a track.

Hey, SCEE, read this!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hmm, I never liked the same-laps-for-every-class thing. I always thought it was so much cooler that when I finally had unlocked the big fun (upper leagues or classes) I would also have the chance to get sufficient time on track just to enjoy the speed. :) Then again I agree that in single race paramters such as number of laps, oponents etc. should be adjustable. Plus, I hope we will be able to choose between either continuous or lap-limited time trial. Had the latter been discussed before? Somehow I think so...

Ben

Oh the sweetness to finish my day's work and see those videos - wipeout pure looks like pure goodness.

BRING IT OUT DAMNIT!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn
    It would be cool if you could choose the number of laps by yourself when you've a gold medal on a track.
    :idea: Or better yet :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: in MultiPlayer :
    :idea: Also in MultiPlayer costumise weapons (turn on / off) fly 'a la wipEout' :arrow: rockets missiles mines and shield or go 'Plasma and shield'.
    For me presonally would serve to ditch the Autopilot, at least when competing with real persons hopefuly from the wo zone
    About the plasma bolt - hope it's not That easy to hit the target with it as in wo3se rather more like 2097! :roll:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah I liked that plasma bolt from 2097, it was more challenging to use and looked nice and unstable

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

That video looked very, very slow(like crash team racing). Hopefully it's much faster than this, and I haven't seen pitch control yet in any video. I know you can use it in the air but haven't seen how it looks.

When you look at the footage in the developer interview it looks faster because the one playing doesnt crash that mucht.