Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no Wipeout online?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

You're right, Wipeout has many qualities, and they shouldn't change it into something different for it's own sake. But why not do something new and cool with what's already there? Zone mode is only one example, which seems to have worked pretty well. And they didn't make something else out of Wipeout to get it.

Ben

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

True, which is what I wish they would have done with Wipeout Fusion. They need the AG type crafts rather than the center-balanced bulk machines. I love light fast speed around tight corners, such as Wipeout 3 or XL (never played XL, so wouldn't know).
    But if they did make an online wipeout, I believe that AG crafts would be much better.
    --
    Even designing your own craft. Perhaps they should have a sight online from which you could send blueprints of tracks or crafts, and pay them. They could then design it on there software, and have it available to be downloaded online for the next PS3. A box for the PS3 meant for downloadable software. Then others could download it from you, and even race you on it.
    I believe in a game very similar to some of Mano's blueprints under some sketches.
    (I heard that you couldn't connect, G'Kyl, but it should be possible now.) :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Chill
    (I heard that you couldn't connect, G'Kyl, but it should be possible now.) :wink:
    Well, you got me. What do you mean? ;)

PSN ID

Under:
    -General Discussion-

-some sketches-

You said either the page was down or that you were having trouble connecting.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Oh my, that was ages ago, but you're right. Can't even remember it any more. ;)

PSN ID

Oh! Should have looked at the date. ops:

Anyways, I thought that since the collection of all of the wipeout games for playstation comes up to only about $17.00, that they should just make a mix of them on one disk for the PS2, that way we could play 2 player with the first Wipeout without another console, and even give them the online capability for all those who want to show off their skills. (Just a dream.)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

But a good one!

about the 1000 icaras race .. i wouldnt bet my last credit on that!

PSN ID

I FINALLY BEAT WF! After owning it for about 2 years! 100% complete! Rank: ace. Now I've beat every Wipeout except for XL and Pure (and probably some in the future).
    --
    Thanx for the complement. :roll: and it's nice to meet you, zargz.
    --
    But ya, since they already have the work done for the Wipeouts for PSX, why not just mix them up, give them online-capability, and make money! Hey, the same could go with WF. Just give it and extra online-boost. Raise up to 50 bucks, but keep them capable with the memory card save games from the first WF game. That way people wouldn't have to restart their progress on the game. That'd be a real pain in the butt!!. :wink: :arrow:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Chill
    I FINALLY BEAT WF! After owning it for about 2 years! 100% complete! Rank: ace.
    I thought you got Galaxy Champion when you had 100% complete?

PSN ID

Huh? Mabye because I got all gold medals before even looking at my rank. I get a gold medal in one game before going on to the other. That's just how I am. :wink: Can't help if I'm perfect!
    --
    Should would like one online though, so that I could show all those scores off.
    --
    Ah! A nice cold wipeout online!

I'd like to see a MMORPG based in the Wipeout world. I have no idea how such a thing would work as it couldn't be based solely around the racing, and I don't think people would play a Wipeout MMORPG to bash bunnies over and over to level up. Still, the idea holds mucho appealo to me.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

I always liked the idea of a story mode in a racing game. Then I played ToCA Race Driver and it was such an awful experience that I hope it's something that Wipeout never does.

I do like the idea of a persistant online world, though, where you could turn up and race over the course of a season, or in a league of some sort. There's always the future.

I already play Burnout 3 online a lot, but definitely not as much as I would play an online Wipeout... I really don't think I would be able to pull myself off a game like that. I'm going to start having nightmares soon about playing Wipeout online my entire life, only stopping to eat.

nightmare?
    hmmm.....
    sounds more like..
    paradise

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

nope, nightmare. Trust me.
    Anyone that's been chatting to me on IM knows that I needs my sleep.
    I need sleep, or else I start to get very cranky and behave slightly weirder than usual.

Who knows, after a 48 hour straight stint of WipEout Online, I could possibly be running on pure red-bull and adrenaline. Possibly screaming (and no doubt throwing stuff) at anyone or anything that dare disturb me.

Total nightmare. :wink:

hahaha sounds very familiar! i can see myself in the livingroom when my girlfriend or mom comes in asking for the 1239843759st time if i really don't need a sandwich :

PSN ID

I just hope that it wouldn't get old. If they did make them online though, the company may go up sky-high. They'd begin making a lot of different types of Wipeout Onlines. Heck, even making the earlier ones, but with much better graphics. Heck, even the ability to download music onto it like the Xbox, and leting others hear it! But to stick with the basics, a Wipeout Online would be wonderful! And no downers like Wipeout Fusion! Would you go mad? I don't think I'd go any madder than after I had an extremely realistic dream of playing an online version! I freak! 8O Yes, an online game, better than Fusion, would be better than none.

PSN ID

Sorry for double-posting, but no-one has posted anything for about 3 days, so I thought I ought to keep the forum alive.
    --
    An online to speak with headphones while racing, using the L3 or R3 buttons to turn on and off. I like the Wipeout 3 feeling. Sorry to some people, but I like it more than Fusion. Reflectors, Energy Drains, at a fast light pace, it just seems more fun than a slow, bulky power machine made up like big gas guzzlers. If you're in the future, you're gonna wanna use as little fuel as possible, right? Wouldn't fuel celled crafts be used. I like Wipeout 3, at a fast pace, with tracks with realistic rain, (like Manor Top) or the soothing sun of artistic pleasure on the P-Mar Project, the dark-orange sky and ghetto-like feeling of Hi-Fumii, and the others, they all have a rich fill in romantism. Almost as if you could feel it (these weather and tropical elements play a large part on the atomosphere feeling of the tracks. Something I don't think is represented enough in WF.), to me, when I fly a fast-pace light like game as in Wipeout 3 (and hopefully Pure), it feels as if my soul is the craft. Something inside me eeks with pleasure, and I'm racing through the cool rain, bright happy sun, or in the perfectly temperatured ghetto dawn, and you're taking out tons of competition that sould exist in that time-era. It combines computer technology with nature, for me, as much as i've played, this is "the" Wipeout game. Even the team logos and the way the letters are formed, it all goes together to not just make a video game, but something of art (which is something the first and second Wipeouts didn't lack)! I thought Fusion would of been something similiar, but it wasn't even close : . This is the type that needs to exist on an online version of Wipeout, something I'm dedicated to expressing about Wipeout.

i always thought that fusion should have been online that would have been great !
    just havving the whole 16 ag's in a race flown by people on line !

PSN ID

Ya, I know, that's why I created this topic. Though I would rather have a newer Wipeout for the PS2 that was different from fusion, that went online. I know it's too late, but I just wanted people to here how much I woulda loved a Wipeout for the PS2 online rather than fusion. Well, we have Pure now, and most likely a Wipeout for the future PS3, so I'm happy. Very. :wink: