Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WipEout Pure Developer interview on IGN!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default WipEout Pure Developer interview on IGN!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/572/572381p1.html

Figured you people might want to see this.

FINALLY! After pestering them for WipEout Pure news (Check their mailbag section), we finally get some!

This is a good day indeed.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

I was about to come post the same thing...I was really glad when I saw that interview. I had been hoping Pure would be a throwback to the classic days, and the videos I saw seemed to make it look like it would...now I have confirmation (and 8 player wifi to boot)!

BTW, IGN also says the tunnelling hackers at xlink are hard at work trying to figure out how to tunnell the PSP online, so we could very well be playing online Wipeout this spring! I'm so excited.

Although, I kind of wish this was coming to PS2 instead. I can't imagine playing Zone mode on a 3 inch screen, heh.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Same here, Sven. I'm looking forward to some bad eye ache when playing Pure. ;-)

Oh, I so took a breath of relief when I read it was one of the main aspects to make WOP like the old versions. And this here is what I liked best:

"The old pit-lane system has gone; now whenever you pick up a weapon you have the choice to fire it, or to absorb energy from the weapon, which in turn replenishes your ship's energy."

Yes, make it less features, and make them so that they expand gameplay depth. I think the idea sounds great. This should indeed make for some interesting decision during the races. Though I better wait until I see it work.

Can't wait now to lay hands on the game... ;)

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

brill! There are a lot more features in there than I expected they would have, guess we haven't seen the power of the PSP yet, just have to wait to see how all that fits Should be good though, great to hear that they are adding the downloadables, excellent!

on the weapons to shield energy thing, that would mean that (having no weapons in time trial), the boost would have to be in the original style, not hyperthrust (I guess). Would be a bit or a bastard if there was no way to restore shield energy in TT

Looks and sounds fantastic - especially the off the rails and new aerial maneuveres comments. Please God I get my pre-order PSP on Sunday!!! (not that wipEout is out any time soon )

PSN ID
    stin_wz

WOW! This is alot closer than we think but be patience the now just in case.

I`m too exciting the now but I`m got to calm down. ops:

stevie

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

yeah, it's killing me knowing i'll have to wait 3 or more months to get my hands on it :x Still, if it is as good as we hope/it sounds, the suspence will be all worth it

PSN ID
    o_fluff

after reading the interview and looking at the pictures i can only say one thing...

i have (metaphorically) wet myself :wink:

but being serious do you think that studio liverpool have been listening in to the forums and hearing what we want?

I think they absolutely have. I was all over the Fusion boards before and after that came out (I was one of the people who imported it from AUS because it came out there first) and, even back then, they were taking points about the differences in handling and what was missing or just plain wrong about Fusion. I think they felt that disappointment from people and knew what they had to do for a next one. The worry was, at the time, that there may well not be a next one.

Even from what they say in that interview, I think that they are on the right track. I just hope the execution of those ideas live up to expectations.

Dogg.

I'm NOT too crazy about the ship design, from those pictures. I wasen't feelin' the cartoony look fusion had. I like the dark, slick, desgins of the previous 3 a lot better. Can't judge a game by a few screens but we shall see. *crosses fingers*

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Since when does WipEout Pure include a hidden football game? :

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html

:roll:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol

Please add a supership with separate records! A lot of people love the supership and as long as there are separate records there should be no problem adding it. Wi fi could give you an option to use it or not(depending on who is hosting.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

If you ask me, the secret football tournament isnt very secret any more!

Perhaps it's a funkier version of Quiddich.
    With AG craft.
    And Missiles!!! :

this sounds great! a pity they couldn't get TDR to do the design again judging on the screens.
    I hope the airbreaks are back to normal.
    and I long for a new great soundtrack.

i wonder if one of the new Wipeout ships is going to be a Firebolt 2000. capable of firing the Quidditch Quake

I actually like not having a "supership"... players can actually choose the ship they like and still win.

I'll be posting more now because there are interesting things to talk about!

You can have separate record for the supership and the regular ships. And if you are playing wi fi, you can host a game and have an option to block the supership. This would make it enjoyable for everyone.

PSN ID
    o_fluff

going off subject...

they have released more screenies on ign - woo!

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius
    going off subject...

they have released more screenies on ign - woo!
    I'll see if I can get some for us...