Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New tracks for download??

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Although the question is still whether they are gonna charge us extra money apart from the subscription fee to download content such as new tracks. After all, that's how MS did it with PGR2. :|

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I say we start making contacts within the mod / emulation community.

Perhaps sometime down the road, we may be able to make our OWN tracks?

And perhaps over time, we could slowly port every track in WipEout history.
    From Altima VII to Terafumos and everything in between!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

What about the new craft? do you think they will include any from Fusion? probably not as most of those teams developed at the demise of some older ones.
    <<off topic>> is there any way to change your fourm name? mine makes me sound like a big Fusion fan

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Van-Uber
    <<off topic>> is there any way to change your fourm name? mine makes me sound like a big Fusion fan
    Let me know the name you want and I'll change it for you.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

wow, this sounds like a really good feature if they pull it off, if the game itself is any good i'd sure be willing to pay for extra tracks, smooth move by Sony IMO

PSN ID
    o_fluff

wait a minute....i thought it was a free thingy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

As far as I know there is no information yet on whether new tracks will cost us or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Hey, I think it's not officially, but I've heard you will be able to download new teams for the game, too 8O

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I’m believing nowt until they actually produce the goods

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Well whatever they may have said, it's probably not best to get your hopes up, it could all be just talk to inspire interest in people of the PSP's download capabilities, who knows?

I recall reading somewhere that it would be free, but if none of you has read such a thing, maybe it's just my wishful thinking :wink:

But, none of you is discussing if having tons of tracks is a good thing. I always thought that 8 tracks, as they were in the original wo series, were too few... but, in retrospect, they were so well designed and "deep" from a gameplay point of view, that you could learn them by heart, improving over and over again... In fusion we have tons of tracks, but nobody is re-playing them after catching a first place, is someone?
    So I think it would be nice to have a new track once in a while, while I'm not sure that an entire modding community producing tons of tracks wouldn't be harmful... by the way, as far as I know, none of the past racing games allowing user-created tracks ever was successful in this respect. Is that right?

_dave_

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

But, none of you is discussing if having tons of tracks is a good thing. I always thought that 8 tracks, as they were in the original wo series, were too few... but, in retrospect, they were so well designed and "deep" from a gameplay point of view, that you could learn them by heart, improving over and over again... In fusion we have tons of tracks, but nobody is re-playing them after catching a first place, is someone?
    That's exactely the point! I can't remember any serious racing game with a focus on playability and a good driving model that featured more than two hands full of tracks (mirrors, flips, reverses, rainy/snowy/whatever variations not counted). It simply doesn't work. You need to have few courses to make players try getting better on again and again, because why put so much effort into improving your times when you don't see you'll ever get reasonable records everywhere in the game (that's what I heard from several players, anyway). Plus, courses will be much more distinct in terms of the track layout as well as graphical design. I suppose developers can put considerably more effort into building a few tracks within the same amount of time they would otherwise have for building two dozen tracks. Even though a producer might very well say "It's only ONE TRACK. Have it done by the weekend!" ;)

So, I'll take 8 great tracks and be happy with it. :) Let there be one or two or three tracks to be released over the course of months, and that will be fine, too. But no more, please. For me, anyway.
    And no fan-made additions, either! As good as they might get, they'll never be equal to the "real thing". Nope, you're right, I'm not a fan of fan-made stuff. ;)

I'm less than sure , but wasn't POD rather successful in this respect? They even released an add-on with new courses and cars.

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

too right, more tracks might not be a good thing. But then again you never know, there's always the possibility that several of he original 8 tracks might not be all that, in which case more tracks would definately be a good thing, but meh i'll go with whatever

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm divided on this issue but hey if they make the tracks and you don't want them....don't download them, simple!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

You are right, of course. In a way... Because as soon as the new tracks will become part of the tables on this site, I will have to download them (should I buy a PSP in the first place, that is) in order to compete on them. :)

Ben