Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greatest Wip3out moment?

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

No worries dreamerx, welcome to WOZ by the way.

Mad-Ice, you don't have to have auto-pilot on at the finish line, I mean that when you finish the race, the ship hovers around on AutoPilot and if you've ever used autopilot in-race and been hit by a weapon, you'll see the ship go crazy. I think that's what causes it.

Lunar, that bit still gets me all the time, even with ma neggeh so you're not alone on that one

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Yes i now that the ship goes crazy when you are hit by a weapon when in auto-pilot. That did happen to me once or twice on accident.
    But anyway, the only other thing i can remember was doing a perfect session on phantom class.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

lol i was far from perfect session last night on porto Kora , first attempt : 2.22.00 , something like 50 sec from your Wrecord race 'Ali the smooth'
    Made my first PL ( 19.12 ) at race N°3 and lowered my race time at 1.43.44.
    ok always 8 sec from our 1.35 into the W3O tables but had a great enjoyment by that quick 40 min session. Another cool moment spent with W3O

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

I thought you didn't play F-Z2-1ro, Arnaud?

Still, good that you're playing again, can't argue with that

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

my best neggie among the 3 doesn't work with W30 , i cannie change the button configuration and the neggie has got some weird handling on the track.
    My old one is perfect for 2097 but i cannie find a good dead spot on it
    My last which was near brand new , got a strange feeling when i racing.... something similar to a black voodoo done on it ...

Gentlemen, the topic is ''Greatest Wip3out Moment''. Could we return to that please?

Default wipeout 3 is the best racing game ever!

i just got it today and played it wow this game it fast some of the ships look better and the tracks are awsome! the music is ok i love the lady voice when she say 3 2 1 go! very sexy
    Last edited by daminmancejin; 9th August 2006 at 05:11 AM.

Talking

greatest moment is on track SAMPA RUN takeing them big drops and bouncing on the ramps i love that

Hehe, I love the jumps and bumpy parts of Sampa Run too, particuarly at the faster speeds.

heck ya its so fun looking at the ship bounce

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Default record lap from the wuss wagon!!

I have two greatest wip3out moments which are equally great to me: my best time on Portokora, in an Icaras in venom class, with "perfect lap" on the screen...it is absolute bliss to be flying through Portokora, you can even fly "through" the walls in the tunnel, ie. with half your ship in the wall but no bumping if you get it right, oh so sweet...
    The other greatest moment involves the otherwise hated wuss wagon. I have yet to master Terminal. So imagine my dismay when I have gotten an autopilot and used through the tough s-curve section, am flying up through the tunnel, and am on the last curve before the finish line AND flying through the wall when suddenly the game decides i shouldn't be allowed to fly through walls. The wuss wagon snatches me out of mid-air (no crash or anything) and places me down directly on the double turbo-weapon pad combo right outside of the curve-here's the kicker...
    when put down on the track my ship goes immediately to max speed, ie ship shaking from the speed - not like a turbo start from the beginning of a race, but MAX SPEED. wow so sweet.
    I still stink at Terminal but that race gave me my fastest time yet(3:10:50)and my fastest lap was the wuss wagon lap at 0:35:44 in my precious AG sys. I am still smiling...

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Well done.

My favorite moment was probably when I was doing hard corners perfectly, airbraking around them while looking at nothing but the apex as it turned around was such a cool feeling. Also loving Xpander for the first time.

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Thumbs up Greatest Moment

Favourite moment for me was racing on Manor Top in Phanton for the first time. Rushing through the 90° turns at ridiculous speeds was an unrivalled experience.

Failing that, just the sense of accomplishment after finally unlocking everything!

Timezone
    GMT + 12

i love the lady voice when she say 3 2 1 go! very sexy

Hahaha. That is funny. I find that most female voice overs in WipEout games are sexy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

agreed
    Fusion's best at this point... guess who's saying "engaged" when I start Windows and "disengaging" when shutting down

PSN ID
    madwiperII

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    agreed
    Fusion's best at this point... guess who's saying "engaged" when I start Windows and "disengaging" when shutting down
    yes! that is what i have done too!, i even made it say warning when bullgard detects a virus! its soo cool

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Default Greatest Wip3Out Moment...

The most memorable moment in W3O for me is probably one that didn't even happen to me, I was just in the same race.

So my buddy and I, we're playing "The Megamall Classic" (8-point Venom Eliminator) and I'm in my Goteki and he's in some high-accel ship.
    As I catch up to him I hit him with a weapon (rockets or something that slows him down considerably but has no other serious effect) and he fires a plasma he's been saving for the occasion as I pass by.
    He's going real slow when he fires it, but he's full-on the accelerator and hits a boost pad.
    Which gets him right up to top speed real quick.
    Catching up to his own Plasma.
    Eliminating himself with his own Plasma!

The game ended shortly therafter, mostly because we were laughing too hard to drive straight, and the best part was that he actually got a point for eliminating himself! Theoretically, he could have won himself the game with that maneuver.

I've had all manner of great races and adrenalin-laced Time Trials, but the event that I remember most... is that one.

PSN ID
    Silverstream001

Talking Voiceover

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    yes! that is what i have done too!, i even made it say warning when bullgard detects a virus! its soo cool
    That's brilliant! I've just found the sound effects for Wip3out are available for download on the main site, so I might do it myself.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Task View Post
    Eliminating himself with his own Plasma!
    Splendid!! How can you stay serious with that Pure Pearl ! Truly Memorable moment i reckon

Timezone
    GMT + 2

My awesome moment in W3O: I did 3 perfect laps in a row in Phantom class at Manor Top, with my favorite AG-racer Assegai. The last one was my lap record, 0:26.32. I was really flying trough the course.