Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The music of Wipeout Pure

Quote Originally Posted by Ally
    I think Dave Clarke - Dirtbox is WipEout through and through... Get it off me on soulseek if you want, username "assegai"

-Ally
    The album Devil's Advocate is definitely worth a purchase (or stealing off the internet). Definitely right about the Dirtbox track. It's got that dirty Techno thing goin on which just reeks of Wipeout.

Wipeout Fusion's soundtrack didn't suit the game and made it seem tame. As much as I love some of the tracks (Big Groovy ****er-Plump DJ's, Funny Break (Plump DJ's Remix)-Orbital, Papua New Guinea (Hybrid Remix)-Future Sound Of London) the music doesn't go well at all and were quite tame and lacked any real edge. Like Wipeout with it's teeth missing. As much as I like The Plumps and their Breaks they borderline cheese at times. The only track that fully redeemed it was the Luke Slater track, Bolt Up. To me the soundtrack was too "Pop", used in a loose sense.

Sory to drag up an old topic, just adding my two cents.

I was thinking more along the lines of Hard Trance, Grunge, but some drum and bass actually could work well along with WO. On Trance I was thinking of songs on the line of Max Graham - Airtight or Mirco de Govia - Things that Matter. Music with a moderate kickdrum and low synths.

And Sasha's Xpander is probably the only song I enjoy from him.

I do apologise if this has already been posted in another thread, but the latest OPS2 says that we'll be able to download and swap tunes on the net and replace Pure's in-game music. Personally, I've always wanted to bomb down P-Mar Project to Ride of the Valkyries.

Also, Pure will have one racetrack from each of the four previous (minus WipEout 64) games. W00t.

Yup - its all looking good for wipeout pure

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Todd
    Personally, I've always wanted to bomb down P-Mar Project to Ride of the Valkyries.
    Haha, now that's a cool idea :

i always wanted to drive down an Alpine mountain pass in a Porsche to Mozart's Symphony number 40 in G-minor

perhaps as part of a Cold War spy movie

some tracks that would have the right style and tempo for a Wipeout game

Alter Ego - Beat the Bush
    TokTok - Otearei
    Chris Clark - Gravel (Obliverated)
    Dave Clark - The Wolf (not sure about that one... :wink: )
    LFO - Butterslut
    Luke Vibert - Countdown
    Milanese - Iacon
    something from T.Raumschmiere maybe

Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Richard Devine and Co wouldn't hurt, but I am not sure if that's the right music for a Wipeout game... bouncier beats would work better imo.

PSN ID
    The_Boye

Evil Nine - We Have The Power has WipEout written all over it.

I hope Pure adopts the track title text at the intro of a race like in 2097. A nice touch.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Can anybody confirm for me that every track on the wipeouts so far have been by british artists? as far as I know they have, but some i'm not so sure about (MKL for example,) just if that is the case, then we should expect pure to follow the same pattern... doesn't round down the possible artists involved much though

*EDIT* also of interest, check this topic on CoLD SToRAGE's forum, whadya make of his last post?

oh, yes. Tim's most recent post. i like the sound of that!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Avenue in WO3 is by Paul Van Dyk. I think he is German although his name sounds like a Dutch one.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Oh yeah, forgot about Van Dick's track, never mind then (and yes, he is german)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Paul's track is the one I like best from WO3's soundtrack. Since I usually listen to the music from my second game CD while playing the game, Avenue really gets you going the longer it runs. Nice work. And I say that as someone who is usually condemning Paul van Dyke as being too mainstream. :)

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Yeah, i've nothing against his Avenue track, good choice for W3O since it's not too cheesy, not chocca with his "For an Angel" stabby leads, it's about as cheese-less as you could expect Van Dyke to get I suppose. Oh well, this is off topic...

On topic: Who of the usual suspects do you think will be on there? The Chems? Underworld? MKL? Maybe bring back Fluke or FSOL? Gee I hope so

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I wrote a mail to Paul van Dyk's contact adress a few moth ago when I heard that there would be a new WipEout and asked if he would make a track for the game.
    They told me, they can't say if Paul would make a track for it but there would not be a reason why he shouldn't create a one.
    So maybe we will hear some of his work in Pure!

...I will ask again

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ah yes hopefully FSOL will be there I really liked that tune of theirs on 2097 _on and avenue was a great choice of track for WO 3 too, it really fitted rather well

It's looking good for Tim - therefore good for us.

Man this could well be the best wipeout EVERRRR!

Two months though

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by yawnstretch
    Two months though
    Lol, haven't we been saying that forever? :cry: Seems like time's just about stood still on this thing! Can. Not. Wait. head

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    i don't have the scarf, but Tim's ''CoLD SToRAGE'' music for the original WipEout is still the best i've heard for a 'futuristic' racing game; it just really sets the right mood, has the right feel. particularly for a dark psychological ambience.

I must strongly agree with this. Does anyone know if the person who made the first wipeout's music has any other material. It was not just the best wipueout music by my opinion but it was some of the best music I have ever heard in general.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Go to the main site (WipeoutZone) and go to "LinkZone" and scroll down to Music.

Tim Wright, CoLD SToRAGE.

He's got a site with whole bunches of spiffy downloads. Enjoy!