Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New "WipEout Pure" video up.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Manor top is a very good example Lance ( btw i ve reported my Wipeout session with Sleh last night due to lots of working but tonight : here we go!! :wink: i ll post a special one for you in 2097/ Xl when i will finish checking all the posts i have missed since 3 days...new time in SR in perspective( Venom + rapier...) :wink: )

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

damn, the windows media videos page won't load for me, sounds cool from what i'm reading there though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Try this link , and click on the Media player file
    It's here

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant Logic
    Save the pitlanes.
    i'm with u on that one. if it's a technical problem (programming?) that prevents the use of pitlanes - ok.
    but if not or it can b overcome here r my 0.02$. y not get the best part of all the wo games?
    when introduced in 2097/xl pitalane was a great innovation. improved on wo3, imo,
    by 'more time spend - more shield recovered'. 64 had great acessability(right word? ez2get in&out).
    not many liked the slowdown in fusion (when in pitlane) i think it was good idea if modifyed a bit.

make them(pitlanes) as acessable as in 64, no slowdown & as short as in phenitia park on SE(or shorter!)
    that way u cant fill the whole shield & then the pilot him(her)self have2 decide if he/she wants2 break &get more shield!
    how 'bout that? :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I too dislike like idea of being slowed down too much in the pits, but I think longer pitlanes make for a more fluent racing experience since you won't have to brake manually if you pit in with hardly any shield energ left. Personally, I never thought the the pit lane subject to be that important, though. :)

Ben

has anyone pondered on the likelihood of visual ship damage, either here or elsewhere?
    -
    i believe the inclusion of visual damage in fusion was a product of both the available processing power in the ps2 alongside having to match the level of visual detail in the rest of the game. i have a feeling that this theory has already been aired on w3zf.

i personally disliked the visual damage in fusion, especially the way parts of the craft were remodelled in the pitlane (again, this has been said before). even though it was done in a convincing manner is broke a certain level of physical continuity and therefore believeability in the game. i think you all know what i mean.
    -
    in terms of wipeout pure; i hope that visual damage will be included but not in a structural sense. simply adding scorch/burn/char marks to the ships and/or scraped off paint work will suffice. without a pitlane, there will be no chance for remodelling the ships unless it is done mid race akin to a motorsport rally; however, it would be nothing more than eye candy and would not offer any practical nor gameplay value to the game.

superficial or surface damage to ships within the race environment would add a strong element of placement, enforcing the players belief in the physics model of the game and increasing the level of intensity (possibly counteracting the anticipated drop in intensity - due to the smaller screen). plus, with the game reportedly having less weapons than it last outing, the occasional burn mark on the side of the ship would really stand out as a reminder and spur the player to do better at their game.

¥

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    I too dislike like idea of being slowed down too much in the pits.... Personally, I never thought the the pit lane subject to be that important, though.
    well if there's not gon b pits i guess we'll get back the energy pack pick upp
    that wasnt bad but a bit 'wierd' coz u got it only when your energi was critical!
    wierd in the sence that it was suposed 2 b a Random weapon
    perferctly ok though!

if talking about strategy in the game i think the way i suggested is good -
    comparable to F1 pit tactics ..
    Quote Originally Posted by yuusen
    in terms of wipeout pure; i hope that visual damage will be included but not in a structural sense. simply adding scorch/burn/char marks to the ships and/or scraped off paint work will suffice.
    i Agree!

both visual damage and performance damage, if included,should be optional. my own preference is for no damage

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

well if there's not gon b pits i guess we'll get back the energy pack pick upp
    that wasnt bad but a bit 'wierd' coz u got it only when your energi was critical!
    But those pickups were found on 2097, and that game had pit lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    well if there's not gon b pits i guess we'll get back the energy pack pick up
    -
    a very original concept, zargz, i had never thought of reintroducing the energy pick up into any wipeout game. if i understand you correnctly, you intend the pick up to be a replacement energy source for the pits, ja? there is only one criticism, picking up energy could dominate over picking up weapons, as other ships will be firing at you and there will be time when you need a lot of energy pickups. unless, of course, they come in different flavours...

¥

Default very late, but...

...daddy like.

that video was cool but the music sounded like rock and that spoils the whole wipeout theme and looked very floaty, bad, and look like wip3out the way the weapon pick ups and the speed boost pads and the ships, i personaly think that these ships were probably the best thought out and designed ships in the whole series.

The game looks excellent. I can't believe I'm going to have to buy yet another system for a single game- but I'm gonna. I'm already hoping that it gets ported to the PS2 (or perhaps PS3??) so it can be played with a proper controller and on a big screen!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by yuusen
    – there is only one criticism, picking up energy could dominate over picking up weapons, as other ships will be firing at you and there will be time when you need a lot of energy pickups...– ¥
    the enegry pick up was avalible(in 2097/xl) only if u had very low shield and even then
    was randomised with the other weapons - sometimes u didnt get it in time so ..
    ( that was a good time 2go thru the pit! )
    .. i dont think it's gon b anything like turbo fishing if used like in 2097

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, I agree. Being able to pick up the E-Pack only when being low on shield energy was certainly among the best design decisions made for that game. It fitted perfectly into the gameplay, and I think to go fishing for the pickup when low on shields is good enough to make gamyplay very reasonable. Hence, I'd like seeing them do it like this again. :)

Ben