Thread: Wipeout 64 Soundtrack Questions

Default Wipeout 64 Soundtrack Questions

Hey all.

liking the wipeout 64 soundtrack, but i can't find much about it online.

i know fluke did a couple of tracks and the propellerheads did 'bang on!' but what about the others, are these cold storage tracks?

any info on the track list would be awesome. thanks.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Some musician/s called PC Music. Though I have to admit, I don't know much about him/her/them. Unfortunately, neither Google nor Wikipedia are of much use if you enter "pc music" as a search string. ;) Even Mobygames doesn't really have a clue. The best I could come up with is this http://www.last.fm/music/PC+Music. So maybe it IS Tim Wright after all - although I wouldn't think so. :)

Btw: Do buy Fluke's Risotto album, if you like their soundtrack pieces. I did after I heard Goodnight Lover from WO64 and it's a great CD! I now have Reeferendrum in my WOHD playlist, which makes for an unusually relaxing atmosphere during Zone sessions. :)

Ben
    Last edited by G'Kyl; 8th December 2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: got Fluke's song title wrong ;)

interesting, i suppose it could be tim if it is indeed in-house, as PC Music seems to be. whatever/whoever it is, i like it.

i will indeed check out some more fluke.

Ah, just noticed someone has put the wipeout 64 soundtrack on youtube.

Though some tracks over run and you get silence for a few minutes.

And as there's no legal way to get this soundtrack, i'll be converting those video's to mp3's then re-editing out the over run's and cut-off endings...to get myself this soundtrack!!!

great!
    Last edited by DawnFireDragoon; 8th December 2008 at 10:42 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

thank you Darkdrium!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

That PC Music website doesn't look remotely correct. That website appears to deal with people making music on PCs using programs such as Cubase or using synthesizers, etc.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Well it's Google, the copyright is correct time wise (PCMusic.org copyright 1997, WO64 came out in 1998.), and it's about music!
    So I don't know if it's that one or not. I don't see anything discrediting it, Tim Wright wasn't really ''well known'' before WO, so it can be the same for PCMusic...

Anyways, no problem emerald

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yes, that's what Google spits out, but to me it doesn't even look remotely like what we are looking for. There's so much "wrong" about the site, starting with "PcMusic" instead of "PC Music". Just look at the kind of content they offer - it's an informative site that's mostly about the technical process of making music and not about the creative output. And don't you think the information about a bunch of community dwellers being responsible for the WO64 soundtrack would have slipped SOMEwhere during the last ten years? ;-)

Yes, you never know... but one needs to be careful researching the internet. Not everything that sounds right in Google IS right. After all, you're mostly entering search terms that are highly suggestive! As a matter of fact, I figure that a somehwat reliable way to search the internet is by honestly trying to falsify your own supposition. But I digress. :)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5

just unlocked velocitar and the pirhana. There is a special song that plays during those two unlock screens. Shame that's the only time you get to hear it, its the best song in the game.

Anybody have any info on the artist/name?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

You sure it's not "Miles Ahead" that plays in the credits screen?

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Just found this: CD for 2.75 pounds on ebay uk,new.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wipeout-64-sou...item51911fbc09

Ok,forget it. Told me it is a self-made CD.
    Last edited by Autechom; 12th March 2010 at 01:55 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Why bother with low-grade recordings when you can listen to the actual files through crystal-clear emulation? Get the soundtrack and a Winamp plugin here.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

is that the "64th note" plugin? if it is, it has a few inaccuracies unless you tweak a couple of its settings. I remember playing with it a couple years back

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    JayMinerFan

Yes, it's 64th Note. It's also the only N64 music player that I know of.

By the way, "PC Music" is actually two people: Rob Lord and Mark Bandola. They also did the bonus tracks on the Saturn version of the first game.
    Last edited by Dan Locke; 15th April 2010 at 09:17 AM.