Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entered the tables

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    1:20:4, including a 0:24.8 on Venom TR TT
    Good job, dude, with or without the tunnel shortcut ?

Personnaly after beaten my TT Talon's phanthom by my SR's one, i change to Phénitia Park, so the job is done for me too , i ve taken 0.3 sec to my last best lap and 2.3 sec to the racetime in TT, hope i will have that luck in SR

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    Good job, dude, with or without the tunnel shortcut ?
    Always without.

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    Personnaly after beaten my TT Talon's phanthom by my SR's one, i change to Phénitia Park, so the job is done for me too , i ve taken 0.3 sec to my last best lap and 2.3 sec to the racetime in TT, hope i will have that luck in SR
    A walk in the park, eh? Well, I guess I'll move on too, even though I might be doing a few laps in Talon's Reach every day to reach Lance's time. And yes, I should! ;-)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Always without.
    Damn, you are the duke of Qirex :wink: i must recognize you love that bloody ship & you perfectly use it, congratulations G'Kyl

Last night, i was focused only in SR from Valparaiso to Gare D'europa all classes except Phanthom Phenitia & Gare d'Europa
    I have updated all my times ( race&lap) ( but it wasn't so difficult because during many years i spent time only in Phanthom class), just two insane result
    1 : Phenitia SR Phanthom : i equalled my recent TT race time 2.08.2 ( my old score was 2.16. )
    2 : Gare d'Europa SR Rapier: ive beaten my old phanthom's laptime :-? : 29.1 in rapier versus 29.8 in phanthom

Ben, you have a little bit farther to go than before last night; i lowered my record slightly to 1:19.6
    no short cuts. i don't even know how to use those except one on Phenitia Park and one half-shortcut on Valparaiso

Arnaud, you continue to amaze

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Damn, just how do you do that, Lance?! Even though I put much more effort into achieving a perfect lap time, it kils me that you pulled again away from me with that new race time record.

I've been spending some time on Sagarmartha Vector and Venom today, but will surely do some more TR Venom later. I'll keep you updated...if neccesary.... Also, I am sure I can go faster than 24.8. It was a good lap, but I messed up one or two turns.

Ben

EDIT: Lance, I just checked XL Sagarmartha times. Seems like we're going to have a lot of fun comparing times in the future... :-) Too bad we're not playing the same version, I'd really like that.

i guess i should try to improve my laptime now, eh?

i have some fair times on Sagarmatha. some possibly better ones on Phenitia Park. i haven't even entered times on most of Gare d-Europa. once i've put in some decent times there, i want to go back to WO3 and see if my newfound skills [neGcon] can make an improvement there

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Well, just had a somewhat satisfying half an hour - 1:19:9 (nawww! ) for race and 0:24:7 for lap time.

I guess I too will turn my attention to WO64 as soon as I'm done with Sagarmartha. I don't have the cartridge yet, but I'm anxiously waiting for it! New 2097 tracks...!!!

Ben

congrats, it looks like i may have to put in some more work to stay ahead. only three tenths now. eep

my newest Piranha Phantom TR TT laptime: 16.7, racetime: 1:29.4

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    my newest Piranha Phantom TR TT laptime: 16.7
    Congrats!, I knew it, very soon you will be hitting 15.x
    Have you tried airbrake tapping?, if not you will be soon; that technique is basic to get 15.x times, i think you can get +-15.8 tops without it (dont remember), then you will mix it up mastering the new speed with precise nose pitching and you will be getting into the lower 15´s (-15.5).

put your new times on the tables!

thanks!

a group of us have been racing each other only with non-Piranha ships until infoxicated finds time to put a ''Piranha switch'' on the tables so we can register 2 records, one for Piranha and one for all other ships.

man, i don't even have time to look at the speedometer much less play with the nose angle and time brake taps precisely on the boost pads. hell, i don't even Use brakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    . hell, i don't even Use brakes!
    Which means youre on the right path!, you are already mastering steering, then you will be using the airbrakes, but only to gain speed with a quick tap.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Go on Lance, you are now enjoying high speed & control it, congrats 16.7 is a good time without tapping method, as Mano said: quickly tap on airbrakes ( try on blue pads first)

New SR Phénitia Phanthom score : 2.10.1 ( 2.18.5 before) & 24.9 (26.4) but far from my TT racetime 2.06.5.

the best I have done without tapping is 15.3, but more normally 15.5 or 15.6 would be a good lap.

How big is the difference between the original PS WO XL and the emulated one. Does a computer and an emulator really affect the times and speed of play?

Having played both, (mostly Talons Reach) and as far as i can tell there are no differences in time, however could be in speed depending on what are your settings for frames per second, if its on auto detect or 59.97-60fps on epsxe or psxeven; theres no discernible difference, but any other setting than that and it will differ.

Also on Single Race, the enemies are placed the same in those emus, as they are in a Playstation, meaning a.i. works the same on both.

Why the question?, if it is to enter emulator times on the tables, then forget it, i have already asked (wanted to do that too) and i completely understand and support the negative answer given.

Yes i wanted to know if i have any advantage with the emulator. And i didn't know i can't enter them with an emulator, tnx for telling me

No problem , i just remembered ther is one little advange on emu: theres absoulutely no slowdown; in the playstation, sometimes when all the opponents are on screen (14 on phantom) theres some slowdown. also the clearer graphics allow for a more precise visual of the track

the required conditions are stated on the records entry page:
    ''Please use the links below to update your times for each track - adhering to the following rules:
    All Single Race times should be attained racing against 12 opponents with weapons activated.
    No cheat codes should be active while attaining any record.
    Times must be set on an unmodified PlayStation or PS2 which is the same region as the copy of the game. (e.g. PAL PS2 and PAL game disc.)
    Anyone entering fake times will have their account deleted.
    Please do not enter fake times - a lot of members put a lot of hard work into achieving their records and it would be highly unfair to displace them with inaccurate information.''

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

the whole things are inside , good job Lance :wink:

i'm just quoting 'Infoxicated'