Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who here on the Zone really likes WipEout Fusion ?

Default Who here on the Zone really likes WipEout Fusion ?

Just wanting to know in light of some mostly negitive thoughts generally that I've heard expressed here and else whare about WF, for I I've taken too it at times & not liked it others but have started playing again plus really digging it this time. Pros fom My POV tis pretty challenging in all modes generally graphics are between good to great Cons POOR controller configureablity does lack in some sound areas. Please feel free to share any and all views thanks for reading. Lets be Friends & Race on Folks.

I was one of the first here who bought WOF when out...well...I was disappointed first by loading times (too long sometimes!) and then by the controls....i mean...I prefered "floating" ships (like other wo) not "grabbed to the foor"...
    It could be a masterpiece....but I think programmers wanted to do something different from Ps1 Wo...so...that's the result...
    However I've played it not to much...A friend who did it said to play it more...expecially to play "zone mode" (still locked for me! :wink: ) which is fun (according to him).

I think I'll do soon...but, by now, i still like to play 2097 and Wo3 Maybe because of wipeoutzone tables...When I've seen times on this site...my record improved and improved...it's nice!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Well... I _really_ enjoyed the AG League. I enjoyed improving my ships and making them look different. I enjoyed exploring the huge tracks. I certainly enjoyed the zone mode.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I think Zone mode was the highlight of Fusion. The AG leagues seemed to lose that Wipeout feel without the physics engine of the first three games, and the weapons played far too much of an active role.

I`d go along with Task and Hellfire. Its just not thrilling, challenging or deep enough to build a long-term support like the old games. Its also very unfriendly towards negcon users.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire
    I think Zone mode was the highlight of Fusion.
    Totally agree with you Hellfire.
    Hopefully for Fusion, there was zone mode. Totally hooked on it.
    That was a great time , we spent together ( you , Lunar, Oggob and the others)reaching our best into Zone.

Ps : i will reply soon to your friendly email. Apologize to me!

I was all psyched for this game, when I bought it ( for 50!!!!! :x ) I was highly disapointed, I've played it maybe 5 times after that and it's been sitting here collecting dust ever since. I have ZERO inclination to pop it back in. I really can't find anything good about the game. *sigh*

Sorry , I know you'r looking for positive remarks.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Well, im glad ssomeone post this cuz i wannted to give my oppinnion on it.

i simply LOVE this game and dont really see how people dislike it but oh well, :roll: thats all an oppinion, its not perfect though but still its better than most other garbage out there, annd 10 dollars!?!? come on guys?!?

Pros: Graphics are awesome (for the time), plenty of game modes time trial and zone will keep u coming for more, control is the best of ALL wipeout games IF you donnt use neGcon, The courses are very cool like katmoda12, you gotta admit the first few tmes on course 3 you fell out of your seaat on the vertical drop.

cons: MUSIC!!!! grrr, worst music of the wipeout series(even the original), it couldve used more futuristic style(where is dr angryman?!?), yeah, the loading sux too.

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiXL
    it couldve used more futuristic style(where is dr angryman?!?),

He's holding the little copyright sign that many TDR characters do :wink:

-Ally

I liked WO:F, it was pretty. It started out slow but once the pirhana got maxxed out it was ok. Still not fast enough for my liking.. but it has a lot of replayabilty with friends and thats something the old WO's had as well with me so I'm happy with it. Could've been better (better in my mind is 2097 styles) but isn't. The soundtrack is awesome tho.

-tammiru

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiXL
    control is the best of ALL wipeout games

Dear....god.......

Have you ever played Wipeout XL? And you think fusion is better? XL IS AG RACING, Fusion is funny looking cars.

I don't buy into all this tdr crap. I think the graphics in fusion are very good, and the style is as well. I see nothing wrong with the ships except for the colors on the fully maxed out ones. The control is the main problem, the only one that really counts. I like fusion, but it should have been much better handling. BTW isn't all that tdr does is the logos and billboards on the side of the track? And one other thing, I don't know where I read it but someone said the voice in wo64 was way out of place. What about wipeout 3? Iv'e never heard anything more anoying than that countdown.

''control is the best of ALL wipeout games IF you donnt use neGcon''
    what specifically about it appeals to you, Yoshi?

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    I don't buy into all this tdr crap. I think the graphics in fusion are very good, and the style is as well. I see nothing wrong with the ships except for the colors on the fully maxed out ones. The control is the main problem, the only one that really counts. I like fusion, but it should have been much better handling. BTW isn't all that tdr does is the logos and billboards on the side of the track? And one other thing, I don't know where I read it but someone said the voice in wo64 was way out of place. What about wipeout 3? Iv'e never heard anything more anoying than that countdown.

Rubbish. TDR are responsible for the identity of the series, no-one can say that wasn't a huge part of the overall experience.

-Ally

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    ''control is the best of ALL wipeout games IF you donnt use neGcon''
    what specifically about it appeals to you, Yoshi?

well, umm.. somehow it just seems easier to control your craft than on XL or wipeout 3. I personally like analog acceleration... maybe the tracks are easier.

so it's mostly the analogue controller that's standard with PS2 that makes it better? i think most/all of us thought that you meant that the physics of the behaviour of the ships was better than it is on the older PSX games, which is something that few of the hardcore fans would agree with because the variability and complexity of the older ship behaviour is what makes the game more satisfying to master though it's more difficult at first. but analogue control, yes, that is better. after only the short time with analogue control that i've had using neGcon, i would feel deprived without it.

Ally, i think that it's true that the interface graphics and the trackside signs and logos do have an effect on the way you feel about the game, but the important thing is everything else, the track designs, the ship handling, the game structure, etc., and those are all done by the game designers and developers. if those are not good, then the graphics designers would be wasting their time because nothing is going to make a bad game hugely popular nor keep people playing it long after it's new.

Fusion is a good looking game. the logos and other things that Good Technologies did are not outstandingly eye-catching, but they do function. a little bland for my taste, but if you look at any screen capture from Fusion so that you have time to see the graphics, the overall impression is very good. the whole thing seems to hang together. i'd like to see more 'zap', but the game will still look good anyway even years from now

the way i see it is, fusion is an average game while the other three are something special. the one thing i've noticed about it is the sheer feel of speed. it's lacking in fusion, but in the other titles, it feels like you're going really fast and you have to think and concerntrate. but with fusion, you dont and it lost the "magic" that the other titles in the series had. also i don't like the soundtrack. the circuits are beautiful though.

PSN ID
    Assegai82

Lance>>
    Yeah granted, but like I said the identity of the game is important. My love for the series, and I'm positive the same applies for everyone else here, is heightened by the sheer coolness of the game's style.
    While not essential, TDR's contribution to WipEout is an anaugral part of the whole. Especially in the first game, where no-one had seen anything like this - it opened doors. Which can only be good.

-Ally

g_l_p: speaking of speed, just for giggles, last night i used Piranha at Phantom speed on Talon's Reach. mamma mia!!! i've never seen speed like that on anything.
    i know there are one or two other games that are also supposed to be really fast. but i don't have those. sooo...

how do the hot pilots keep from crashing all the time? the control on the WO2 Piranha is awesome, but it's so damn' fast that my control inputs are further back on the track than the ship is. it tends to run ahead of me the way a supersonic jet runs ahead of its own sound. the best lap i managed in my first half-hour of driving this thing was an 18.3. hell, i've done 22.2 with a Feisar, so the extra speed is actually killin me. [good thing that there's no damage simulation!] a fine demonstration of the extra skill possessed by pilots who can do 15 second Piranha laps. i like to tell myself it's just practice, but jeez....

uhoh, i have wandered off topic agAin

I agree the other four wipeouts are better than fusion, no doubt, but if fusion had the same physics and speed of the others(I think it actually does move just as fast, but the long draw distance and wide tracks make it look much slower), I would be playing this, not caring about the logos. Anyway, isn't all that tdr does are the logos and the trackside objects(maybe menu?). They have no creative input into the colors of the games which creates the feel. The trackside billboards in 1 and xl are nice though, but doesn't make the game in any way compared to the controls and graphics(that the developers create). I personally think the billboards in wipeout 3 are subpar compared to their earlier efforts. Trying to be too cool I think. Ally are you related to nuworld?