Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presentation

Hi Asayyeah!
    It's great to see you here to talk about these amazing times you have, the first thing I need to do is appoligise to you for calling you a liar, I'm sure you can understand from a person's point of view (using a D Pad) that these times would seem impossible. If your in the process of proving these times, then thankyou, that's very good of you.

I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad, & from reading the posts here at wipeoutzone it looks like I'm only behind Negcon users. To be honest Al's time of 1:20 sounds crazy to me, On the first lap the best I can do is 17.2 or something, so even if I got another 4 awesome laps I still wouldn't get around the 1:20. I need a damned Negcon!!! lol

Asayyeah, thanks for the technical details that you provided, they were very good, also I feel that the only way you can clear your name is to "give up" this brake turbo technique in a video documentation. Personally I'm disapointed to hear that such a technique exists, it leaves to many players behind & only indicates the level at which a player can harness the technique in question & not necessarily raw skill.

I'm sure that with you 8 years of playing this game that your times are the peak of achievement anyway & I doubt anyone will beat them.

:wink:

I just think that I've had the most rational reaction possible...

if someone told you that there's a woman that can run the 100 meters dash in 6 seconds would you believe her?

also, if THAT technique of yours works with piranha why your unbeliavable records are achieved with auricom?

anyway if there's a movie or something it would be good to see it...

I didn't mean to be offensive to asayyeah (even if I find quite irritating the fact that he didn't use his real name, now reply about this on your next post s'il vous plait monsieur!)
    but between being a dumb believer and being suspicious I prefer being suspiscious even if that can bring me to be some kind of nasty...[/i]

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by TYSON

I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad, & from reading the posts here at wipeoutzone it looks like I'm only behind Negcon users. To be honest Al's time of 1:20 sounds crazy to me, On the first lap the best I can do is 17.2 or something, so even if I got another 4 awesome laps I still wouldn't get around the 1:20. I need a damned Negcon!!! lol

Funny you said that and NOW I`m thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

stin :

[quote="Old asayyeah"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    i don't know you.
    I'm not the fastest guy on earth but my records are 100% genuine, with AG systems and I don't have a neGcon yet...

I can make a tape of them as soon as I finish my Uni exams (9th february) and send it to some "famous" and expert member of this forum...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Default Re: Presentation

Quote Originally Posted by stindah
    I can assure you, you will love it!!

stin
    Hello stindah, i remember you from the fusionboard, nice to see some wellknown nickname.

I made an offer 1 years ago on e-bay but smo pay more than me .
    I search again the SE even i didn't have any console now, but it's not a problem my friend sleh-003 gives me time to time his psx.
    So if you can find an original for me(not a crack one) you will explain to me how can i pay you because i would like to have it. I email you my adress and name.
    Thx for that Stin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I didn't mean to be offensive to asayyeah (even if I find quite irritating the fact that he didn't use his real name, now reply about this on your next post s'il vous plait monsieur!)
    but between being a dumb believer and being suspicious I prefer being suspiscious even if that can bring me to be some kind of nasty...[/i]
    If you have got a probleme with asayyeah you can call me Arnaud (my real first name)

Concerning suspicious No offense for that, it's normal. To leave the doubt i 'd like help from people : i have got 10 videofolders for a result of 1,3Go, i can put one of this folder (100Mb) on the net and you can dowload it BUT i didn't have my own site, and i'm not a pro with icq and ftp.

Suggestions for that?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I feel I've reached the limit of this track at 1:23.2 (lap 16.0), I'm using a D - Pad
    1.23.2 +16.0 with D-pad great result!! It's a shame you don't have any Neg-Con, otherwise i assure you that you will be less than 16.

Hi Stin,
    What are you thinking about? getting a negcon as well? Sorry i didn't get what you were saying.

Hi asayyeah,
    Yes I was very happy with my time, I achieved it 5 years ago when i was 17, I'm a better pilot now & I didn't have much trouble getting another 1:23 recently, it's almost impossible to get a sub 16 with a d pad, as every little "tap" (movement) looses about 5km! not good if you want more speed. It's nice to see you understand the differences between the negcon & D Pad.

If there is someone that can help Asayyeah with his video, i think we would all apreciate it. I think compressing it into DIVX format would be the best option.

One last thing, the best way to capture a movie of a video game is to use your video recorder NOT a camcorder. Plug your AV cables into the video recorder & change to AV channel OR, plug your video recorder into your TV's AV OUT plugs, hit record & play the game. The video recorder should record what ever is on screen.

Just looked through those updated Time Trial times (2097), lol, I remember spending ages on Spilskinanke dreaming of acheiving a 21 lap... looks like it's been achieved... that's just awesome.

On D- Pad i got 2:02, with 23.1 lap (Phantom), I can only dream of getting a sub 2min!!! lol

I would LOVE to see this performance on video, would definetly make my day.

There aint no one who'll beat these times, this technique, i gotta have! lol
    Cheers

Tyson :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

To Spunky
    also, if THAT technique of yours works with piranha why your unbeliavable records are achieved with auricom?

...[/i]
    Ok i understand what you mean, i'll try to explain myself:
    I don't have any memory card( except the one for ps2 ) but i ve wrotten all my 2097 records on paper since 8 years on each race, each level and each craft, i've only lost the Qirex times.
    For the feisar, ag, auricom,qirex, i never play Time Trial, so the times i have done with those crafts are only Single Race, but for the pirahna i didn't make a difference between my SR and TT times, so i put for TT my pirahna's time and for SR the best times i found between the 3 ships time who left me.
    I only remember the time i made on Talon's reach with the pirahna Phantom mode Single race: 1.16.9 best race, 14.7 best lap.
    In the future i will update the SR mode with new Pirahna times

Is it a good answer?

Suggestions for that?
    while you've spent last 8 years playing wipeout the World went on and there are now 2 brand new inventions:

1- CD writers: you can put whatever you want on an empty CD!

2- Mail: you can send whatever you want to whoever you want! CDs included!

okay, forgive sarcasm, keep the idea as a good way to share your videos

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

On D- Pad i got 2:02, with 23.1 lap (Phantom), I can only dream of getting a sub 2min!!! lol

Tyson :wink:
    You remember me a friend i had on fusionboard : The great oggob, the Australian from sydney, he played zone perfectly with analog pad, i ve fund this unbelivebal 'cause i was thought that only Neg-Con players could control the ship at high speed. But he prooves me the opposite.

It's a bit like you, you estonished me really, not because your Talon's Time (it's a good one with D pad but not incredible) But what's incredible is your 2.02.0 !! on Spilskinanke. Honestly congratulations, it's a real great performance. I think the man who will beat you with Dpad is not born yet!

Ask ' Santa Claus ' to offer you a Neg-Con or find one somewhere immediately!!. You must have one.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Ah
    Reclaiming some of my times from ya.
    Tough but not unbeatable.

That method is only usable in Phantom using the Piranha craft?

You didn't/can't use it in the other classes?

Spunky

shinji wrote:

while you've spent last 8 years playing wipeout the World went on and there are now 2 brand new inventions:

1- CD writers: you can put whatever you want on an empty CD!

2- Mail: you can send whatever you want to whoever you want! CDs included!

okay, forgive sarcasm, keep the idea as a good way to share your videos
    Joking or not dude you need to cool down. Your not the only one that is shocked by these times, I'm affraid i don't have a spare 8 years to compete with Asayyeah, so instead I will congratulate him on his dedication.

Asayyeah wrote:

It's a bit like you, you estonished me really, not because your Talon's Time (it's a good one with D pad but not incredible) But what's incredible is your 2.02.0 !! on Spilskinanke. Honestly congratulations, it's a real great performance. I think the man who will beat you with Dpad is not born yet!
    Well thankyou for that, have to admit it was long ago, but I remember it almost had me in tears, my heart rate was through the roof, & my hands were all sweaty... ahhh the good old days! he he

Maybe a negcon & learning this technique will make me dangerous? lol

Spunky wrote:
    Ah
    Reclaiming some of my times from ya.
    Tough but not unbeatable
    lol, wouldn't get too excited spunky, I expect to see the 1st 5 pilots with identical times when the scoreboard grows old (on Vector Venom & Rapier), remember the game only works in tenths of seconds not hundreds. so if your .09 seconds faster than someone else... no one will know.

By the way, no body should be turning around at the beginning then coming back over the start line, so that they can get 2 30.0 laps in Vector (as an example).... no cheating guys... he he

:

remember the game only works in tenths of seconds not hundreds. so if your .09 seconds faster than someone else... no one will know
    How would we know that we were .09 secs in front.
    Like you said only shows up as tenths not hundreds.
    What was the point?
    By the way, no body should be turning around at the beginning then coming back over the start line, so that they can get 2 30.0 laps in Vector (as an example).... no cheating guys... he he
    I gather you have tried this or have heard about it before?

Spunky

Default auricom times

Those auricom times are not achieved with the cheat technique as assayeah mentioned. Those times are all a little slower than my xl times(which is a slightly faster game) which pretty much evens out. I would say they are all perfect races though without getting hit by weapons. I'm going to try this new technique this weekend with talons reach on xl and 2097. It's going to be tough to get used to the new sensitivity, but worth it. Assayeah, what is the button layout on the negcon.

How would we know that we were .09 secs in front.
    Like you said only shows up as tenths not hundreds.
    What was the point?
    The point was that it'll be alot harder to seperate players (I thought THAT was obvious) but maybe it wasn't to you.... ah... top spot... ah...no, (sounds cocky) hardly see the point in even saying this, I was trying to say that the top pilots will most likely just equal each other.

I gather you have tried this or have heard about it before?
    yes i tested this theory and it works, & no as you can see i havnt submitted any times. That's not to say my times are crap... I just like to watch. Specially since i don't have a Negcon.

(I thought THAT was obvious) but maybe it wasn't to you.... ah... top spot... ah...no, (sounds cocky)
    Not cocky just wondering why stating the obivious was needed.
    We all know that if 5 people got 15.9 secs that they would be tied to one position.

As for the Auricom times, why doesn't Assayeah just use the Piranha instead, it is quicker as his TT does prove.
    Also the Auricom is nowhere near as fast as the Piranha anyway.
    I'm just wondering how a Auricom could beat a Piranha.
    I know that my current times still need 'tuning' but even the Qirex is quite a few seconds off the pace.

Spunky

Default ahem... Gentlemen, gentlemen....

if any proof were needed that we take our records very seriously, this thread provides it in full.

however, in this discussion, we could use more tact and less text.

and please, we do have edit buttons; please combine sequential posts. it is not necessary to use a separate post to reply to each person. likewise, if no one has posted since your previous post and it hasn't been at least a few hours since your earlier one, just put your new thoughts in that original post.

thank you for co-operating. [yes, i sometimes thank before the co-operation has occurred. ]

and now, after looking at those awesome PAL times posted by several pilots, i crawl humbly back to my non-Phantom, non-Piranha, non-fast attempts to get around the courses on XL