Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital or analogue?

i find that the difference between neGcon and D-pad shows itself in the transitions, the entries and exits from corners. on long sweeping curves i usually have the D-pad held full on all the way through

hi Foxdragon, welcome to the WipeoutZone

I was sitting here reading through this topic, and suddenly I read someone's post and I was thinking, "Wow, that's precisely how I feel. How uncanny." Then I looked at the member that posted it....Me. What the?
    It sort of bugged me out for a second, then I realized how old this thread is....
    Sorry to digress, but it made me laugh at myself.

lol. yeah, i did that once a few months ago.
    hilarious

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

What I find special about the neGcon is that, the twist and the d-pad being independent, it gives you precise steering and nose pointing control, something you need in order to avoid abrupt movements - the latter having a way of feeding on the momentum of your speed. ;) So yea, analogue in general is better than digital. But the neG plays in it's own league.

Ben

Although moving away from the NegCon, I did manage to track down an AirPad...those things are so sensitive!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Took me a while to find some info on that thing. What I've seen looks and sounds great and cheap (at least on eBay), but since I hardly hear anyone mention it; what's the catch?

Ben

Oh, and welcome to the forums foxdragon. :)

Well, basically it's like any other controller, but the main differance is (apart from the shape), is that if switched to analogue, it takes the place of the left thumbstick, so you have to tilt in the direction you want to go. To be honest, it's good for flight-sims, but for the WipEout series, and any other game in the racing genre, a lot of time and patience is needed to fully master this device.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hm, I know how it works and thought it might be good for someone who gets constantly annoyed with himself because he tends to turn the whole neGcon instead of actually using the twist. Yes, that would be myself ;) and the Airpad seems a good opportunity to compensate for that. I was just wondering whether it's a quality controller or turns out impractical in practise...

wiseman said
    If Sony's analog sticks where as good as Nintendo's, I'd use them, but alias, there absolute crap (or pants, as you English would say)
    no one says pants now

whats wrong with sony anologue sticks, new ones realy are at their best for feel their firmer, older plentyful used no-grip-on-top-of-sticks are sort of soggy and wobble when released for a turning position :-?

welcome to the forums foxzero! would you per chance be a fan of starwing or f-zero?
    (sorry i didnt take notice of your arrival earlier, i was busy being flippant).

infox : i think these avatars are hindering my ability to distinguish individual members, im just seeing teams and making assumptions of who it could be.

EDIT
    see what i mean!? i just realised the new guy is called foxdragon (sorry foxd). maybe im just not concentrating enough... *goes to get coffee*

¥

yuusen, you better not have hinted to infox to stop avatars : :cry: , f zero is a cheap not off of wipeout it smells, btw drink lots of coffee tis good, but dont drink more than about 8 cups a day and then just stop, bad things happen (headaches).

presumably only the immature and incompletely literate would use a phrase such as ''..imature 5 year old neds that cant talk properly.'' if you are going to express strong opinions, you would at least give the seeming of being a valid source for opinions if you correctly spelled the words you use to express those opinions. it would also help if your sentence structures had some sort of cause and effect logic. please be both more clear and more charitable in your expressions of opinion

its english talk, and it was a joke

sorry anyway

i did not laugh.
    your response looked like a sarcastic reply, not like a joke. be careful how you phrase things in a text-only medium. we cannot see each other's faces, nor hear the tone of each other's voices, so we lose the nuances of expression which make all the difference in how words are interpreted. things must be very clearly and explicitly stated when only the text is available. also remember that some of us surf with images switched off due to slow internet connections, so we don't see emoticons, which though they help in text interpretation, are still only weak subtitutes for the tools we use in live face-to-face talk

edit: thanks, PW, for editing your post.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    no one says pants now
    what do they say then?

they usualy say sh*t to express their feelings of something that is crap, other wise if there is someoe about who may go mad if they hear that person swear they would say crap

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

In a desperate attempt to pull this thread back on topic: I just got an Airpad for no more than a Euro on eBay. Very nice deal. ;) And I'm very eager to see how it plays!

its english talk
    no its not, you just arent eloquent when armed with a keyboard.

and it was a joke
    that, however, is english talk. its the common projective get-out clause used by many english people today. the pattern : person voices opinion without forethought > opinion is poorly received > person tries to redeem themselves by saying they were only joking. another pattern : person voices a non-serious opinion without any indication that it was a joke > others respond negatively > person 'kindly' informs others that "oh, it was only a joke" as if to say "you lot really dont have a sense of humour". well listen up, we do, it just doesnt involve the ridicule of others. learn that and we'll take the sandpaper out from under your sledge.

¥

Excuse me for butting in...but can we please get back on topic?

well said foxd, i dont see why peoplecranky about little stuff like that i edited my post because lance sent me a pm about it and its gone,

G'kyl, is an airpad a controller that you have to move from side to side to make it steer?