Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A new Wipeout is coming

aww, man. why spoil the mutating convo? it's our specialty!

As this article shows, the new WipEout may be on PSP and not PS2. It's still jsut speculation though - we shall see!

"Don't hack formats," it tells me. Try this one instead:
    http://www.totalvideogames.com/?sect...&format=000019

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by FoxZero
    i got drivers that work in windows xp. any specific tracks you want me to save? also, anyone know if NTSC saves will work with PAL people?
    they won't.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by science
    "Don't hack formats," it tells me. Try this one instead:
    http://www.totalvideogames.com/?sect...&format=000019
    Wipeout PSP

Format PSP
    Players 4
    Genre Racing
    Publisher SCEE
    Developer SCEE Liverpool Studio
    Released
    UK: 2004
    US: 2004

The futuristic racer heads to the PSP.

is that all it says there?? ('_'?)

looks that way. No other info as of yet.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yayx! :

Have you guys read anything about the PSP?
    It looks extremely cool! I think it will be a definite buy when it comes out. They need to integrate some sort of personal organizer stuff in with it. If it doubled as a palm pilot, I would be in heaven. I don't know what I would do without my little sony clie.

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default bah

I hope it's not for the PSP, though the multiplayer aspect would be nice. I'd rather not have to buy new hardware to play the game I love.

*shrugs*
    Plus it'd be harder for online play, and no dual shock?!
    And no L2 and R2?

If you are playing with dual shock, you're missing out!!!

Aye - D-pad all the way for WipEout!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I dunno... I used to think that way, but when we had that tournament (the one with all versions included) and I played a lot of WO64, I got really used to the analog stick on the N64 controller there. At first I hated it, I was used to my d-pad and I wanted it back, but eventually I grew used to it and then... I began to like it! Nose control was so much easier with the stick than with the d-pad, and such fine-tuning was available. I could do large sweeping turns by just holding slightly to the side instead of intermittent tapping on the d-pad.
    Now I miss it. I was playing some WOXL the other night, and found myself wanting an analog stick.
    To be fair, I'm never going to use the analog stick on the dual-shock, I'll always use the d-pad on that, but the Nintendo analog stick is really good, not only better than any other analog stick I've tried, but better than any d-pad, too. I like the analog stick on the Gamecube, too. Nintendo does at least one thing really well.

Never woulda thought I'd find myself wanting an analog stick, though.

I know what you mean, but the a-stick on the N64 pad is a lot nicer than the ones on PS2 pads IMO, PS2 sticks don't feel like there's anything to push against.

Hi! first reply from Catalonia

Nobody knows about the Designers Republic possible colaboration in this project?
    The wipeout style look much better when this guys work in.

PSP will have an analogic stick too. It realease/hide when pressing the digital one.

...my english is poor, i know :

hi Makai. wow, another Catalonian besides xEik!
    don't worry about the quality of your English; you're doing okay

Quote Originally Posted by Task
    but the Nintendo analog stick is really good, not only better than any other analog stick I've tried, but better than any d-pad, too.
    wow, really? I always despized that stick. if you thumb got sweaty it would slip off, and it just never felt very fluid to move, it would stick in place if you know what i mean. I've always thought that the analog sticks on the official ps1/2 controllers were the best ever made. Not even the knockoff brands with more expensive controllers can do it better. In my opinion, no other company has come up with a controller that is as overall perfect as the PS2 controller. It was brilliant of them to not change the design of the pad (except for everything being analog... i took one apart when my family first got a PS2 to see how they had done it... its really wierd!) Noone elses gamepad comes close to feeling as natural in your hands.
    As for playing wipeout with the D-Pad:
    I used to have this controller... no analog sticks, no dual shock, no nothing. a dead simple ps1 pad shaped sort of like a batarang (think batman) after i started playing with that pad, i didnt think anything could possibly be any better. Then, of course, people start talking about negcons. Eventually i bought one, a black one for an unbelievably inflated price. When I got it, the first day I nearly threw it in the garbage I was so frustrated with it. It was akward and it only made me worse. But, I was persistent, and by the end of the week it was second nature and seconds were flying off of all of my best times. If you haven't gotten yourself a negcon yet, you are doing yourself a great injustice!

Makai: welcome to the forums. Welcome to all of the new pilots we've picked up recently (which has been quite a few in a very short time! ).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yeah, I got myself a NeGcon as soon as I could, but I _still_ haven't found a way to hold it. It keeps slipping out of my hands because I hold it too far back and end up trying to wrap my hand around these tiny little sticky-out bits at the back. I've got an idea for how to fix that, but haven't implemented it yet.
    Absolutely, the Playstation controller is the best I've ever held, but I've never liked the analog sticks, they're too imprecise. They slide too easily, I can't feel the halfway point. Worst of all, I don't know if I'm far to the side, or if I'm halfway up and far to the side. Maybe you had a bad Nintendo stick. I don't care much for the rest of the N64 controller, but that stick definitely does it for me. The Gamecube controller is superior to the N64 controller, but not very good for long bouts of serious gaming. Not like the Playstation controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Task
    Yeah, I got myself a NeGcon as soon as I could, but I _still_ haven't found a way to hold it. It keeps slipping out of my hands because I hold it too far back and end up trying to wrap my hand around these tiny little sticky-out bits at the back.
    The white ones are fairly hard to hold. The black version fits into your hand much better than the older white one. I've got (i believe) 4 white negcons and one black one. The white ones are all for emergency use only and two of them have only come out of their boxes for testing.
    Namco must have really messed up with their marketing of the negcon. Anyone who has used one loves the controller. There is simply nothing that compares to them out there today, and now the only place you can pick them up is ebay. It's a pitty realy. I'd love to get my hands on a brand spanking new black negcon. the springyness is giving way in mine, not to mention ive had to take it apart to fix it a couple of times!

Ive always preferred the d-pad when playing wipeout. The Dual shock analog sticks are to close to the palm of my hand, it just feels unnatural to use them. I never used the gamecube-sticks for wipeout ( duuh ) but when talking about sticks its the best controller Ive ever used, its got better sticks than the dual shock and better comfort than the xbox controller and the shoulder buttons are really comfy too in comparison with the xbox triggers that have too much resistance for long sessions. The only problem Ive had with long sessions using the gc-pad is handsweat, the other pads seems to absorb it or somehow make it disapear hehehe.. Maybe I should get me one of those Airflow controllers with air-conditioning

Yeah, same problem here man!
    What's wierd, my hands don't sweat while playing other games, but with Wipeouts, the pad is drenched to death. Wonder why? :