Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Whats your strategy?

Default j wipeout 3

What would you like to know about it?

Everything!

it would help if you could ask specific questions. we can't really expect Al to spend his time giving a complete description of the game. my suggestions for some are;
    does it have the same teams?
    what are the differences in the ships performance compared to the north american and pal versions?
    are the individual tracks exactly like those of the other versions?
    what are the extra tracks like?
    are the controls any looser or tighter than the other versions?
    do the ships float at the same height as in other versions?
    are shortcuts more or less common on the japanese version?

the answers to many of these are probably scattered in various already existing threads. however, it might be useful to have all the answers gathered in one place

I'm only interested in info about this "mistery ship" - what is it, the performance of it, some links to pages with screenshots of it. Also I would like to know something about these 2 new extra prototype tracks included in jap. ver. of W3O SE. I don't expect from you to tell me everything, 'cause it would take your time, links to pages would be a better solution i think.

well for me the ships fall into two categories : strong shields and weak shields.

the strong shielded ships include : qirex, feisar, goteki 45 and auricom (kinda).
    the weaker shields belong to : icaras, assegai, ag-systems and pirhana.

why am i mentioning this? because the size of the shield dictates a lot of my flying strategy. if the ship has a lot of shield to spare then i tend to use the hyperthrust on the straights. feisar and goteki require this to be done as they lack top speed. qirex and auricom (to an extent - y'know, its hard to be sure where to place my opinion about auricom, their stats are very spread out, in fact when i first saw the name in 2097 i thought it said avricom, in reference to their averaged stats) need to cut corners in order to maintain a smooth racing line and compensate for their poor turning circle. the hyperthrust comes in handy when accelerating out of corners that require the ship to come to a reverse standstill.

the weaker shielded ships prevent me from using the hyperthrust in singelrace mode as weapons tend to play a major part in my demise if the shields are wasted in this way. however, i do like to hit the hyperthrust just after leaving the peak of a jump (not a sharp brow but an actual jump, built with the intention of jumping from) in order to scream through the air and leave the other ships (or times) way behind. i prefer not to use this technique with the heavier (wider turn circle) ships as it usually reults in me losing control at this point in my development.

cornering in general i find to be a mixed bag of wide airbrake slides and ever increasingly perfect brakeless turns when the right line is chosen.

i still find it hard not to basketball off the ground after some jumps but reckon that a deftly placed tap of both airbrakes along with a raised nose will help in that area (the airbrakes being tapped when the ship is at the correct point to slow the decent yet not high enough to make the ship fall back to earth, if you see what i mean).

turbo scraping is random at this point in time, but i find that nudging up to the edge of the track with the airbrakes can pull one off spontaniously.

my neGcon is in the mail so i shall add my updated techique to this post when it arrives.

¥

Mystery ship speed 10, everything else 3. It is very uncontrollable at top speed(so far) and can only be used on the two extra oval tracks(one short and one long). Vector speed is like phantom speed with this ship.

(gotta have it..)

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    Mystery ship speed 10, everything else 3. It is very uncontrollable at top speed(so far) and can only be used on the two extra oval tracks(one short and one long). Vector speed is like phantom speed with this ship.
    Is there a mystery ship in SE?!

I`ve thought it was 2097 but it`s not!

stin