Thread: Looking for playtesters for my OTB-RPG (excel sheet based) game

PSN ID
    u/EienZero (Reddit) / eien_override#9331 (Discord)

Smile Looking for playtesters for my OTB-RPG (excel sheet based) game

Still in development but feedback, ideas and/or help developing it could be amazing.

PSN ID
    VacuusVocis

Been a while since I last used the forum, but the return of some interest in HD/Fury had me looking about the forums for a quick while. This post caught my eye. Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread.

Looking through the screenshots, it looks like there are a few in-game eras that are being simulated in this. I'm wondering what exactly the rules and the format of this would be, i.e. whether it's a player vs player type of game using the spreadsheet formulae for "randomised rolls", or solo play vs the computer along the lines of a Manager type sports game?

Either way, clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into this. I particularly like the inclusion of the distinction between the V-shaped Single-Hull and the Y-shaped Split-Hull as a functional statistic that could affect performance. Beyond simple appearance, only one console title (204 has really addressed that as a functional feature to increase on-track stability, but the rest of the series has glossed over it entirely. So I think its inclusion is a nice touch.

I'm curious enough about this that I think I want to know more

PSN ID

Exclamation AG-Racing SS-based RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread...
    Hey, thanks for the interest, it
    Last edited by EienZero; 16th February 2022 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Impossible to post long text on Firefox...

PSN ID

Exclamation AG-Racing RPG

Please head on to my Reddit post, follow me there and/or please join the new dedicated Discord for this as it seems like there's an issue with my mac clipboard and the web browsers, damn Apple!

https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/com...arly_finished/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Corrigan View Post
    Been a while since I last used the forum, but the return of some interest in HD/Fury had me looking about the forums for a quick while. This post caught my eye. Looks like a quite intensive spreadsheet system, and seems like several years worth of tinkering as well, I remember seeing your posts in the "HD/Fury Stats" thread.

Looking through the screenshots, it looks like there are a few in-game eras that are being simulated in this. I'm wondering what exactly the rules and the format of this would be, i.e. whether it's a player vs player type of game using the spreadsheet formulae for "randomised rolls", or solo play vs the computer along the lines of a Manager type sports game?

Either way, clearly a lot of thought and effort has been put into this. I particularly like the inclusion of the distinction between the V-shaped Single-Hull and the Y-shaped Split-Hull as a functional statistic that could affect performance. Beyond simple appearance, only one console title (204 has really addressed that as a functional feature to increase on-track stability, but the rest of the series has glossed over it entirely. So I think its inclusion is a nice touch.

I'm curious enough about this that I think I want to know more
    HERE @ REDDIT IS YOUR REPLY MAN https://www.reddit.com/r/WipeOut/com...n_the_wipeout/
    Last edited by EienZero; 16th February 2022 at 03:38 PM. Reason: digital chaos