GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default AVALON 2014 - PHONEIX -Gen Zone meet's Legends

58-62.png
    AVALON 200% march date.jpg

[CENTER]IT's back baby.
    AVALON, the Legend returns.
    Friday 21st March from 21.00GMT to Sunday 23rd of March 18.00GMT ... CONTINUOUS !!!!
    Unless Sony announce PSN maintenance for that weekend, you can pretty well lock it in.

Are you ready?

[If you are thinking yes, then you are a GEN-ZONE pilot]

Nothing can prepare you for AVALON

A special reunion AVALON2014 chatroom has been started for the event, you might need a friend to invite you if you haven't got a invite already.

WE NEED HOST's FOR the EVENT.

Post your PSNID, GMT Timezone, and the amount of time you can host.[/CENTER

If attending AVALON 2014, please join the chatroom fist to see what is going on, as there could very well be several rooms open at the same time, some at the slower speeds, the people in the chatroom can tell you who is hosting what.

JUST NO Zone Battle and NO Eliminator, AVALON is just about pure racing.
    The format is single tracks, two races weapons ON, then two races weapons OFF, then change track and do the same.

AVALON 2014 Hosting Roster............ Unless otherwise specified, the names listed will be hosting Phantom Speed.
    I'll just put the names of those pilots that said when they were available to host, again, check the chatroom to see what's happening at any particular time.
    Unfortunately we don't have the amount of pilots that can host like old AVALON events had, especially those living in the GMT -5 to -7 timezone, which used to cover the hosting duties over what would be the wee hours of the morning GMT.

Colnel_Gaddafi or Erik_Ponti [whichever PSNID he is using on the day] - Friday and from 14.00GMT Sunday
    AnErare - Anytime
    Blackwiggle - Anytime
    Xtriko - Anytime
    Apple_Guy_Cipher - Anytime
    Vlhad13 -Anytime
    jorg-garcia78 - Anytime
    Meitepiet - Anytime
    mannjon - Low speed classes
    Novide - Sat 13.00 GMT to 21.00 GMT
    Liod19 - Sat 16.00 GMT to 21.00 GMT
    Stin_WZ [Possibly hosting some WO PURE/PULSE - 2048?] sometime over the weekend
    Maciek1704 - Friday, Sat , Sun
    Fabo810 - Anytime
    Mitchemous - Not sure [needs advanced notice]
    Azurooth - When Needed
    Onlykpop - When online
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 16th March 2014 at 12:07 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Liod19

Psn id: Liod19
    time Zone: GMT+1
    amount of time i can host: mostly on saturday, from roughly 4pm GMT to 9pm, probably longer if someone needs me to
    i would like to host, problem is my connection has been kinda unreliable for some time now, randomly throwing me out and showing me freezing lobbies, will have to see about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

PSN id: Apple-Guy-Cipher
    Time Zone: GMT+1 (although i can stay on in other GMT times as well )
    Hosting times: anytime ^^, just catch me online

Cipher

onlykpop is offline OMNIUM - Silver Final winner Rapier Pilot
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    onlykpop

PSN: onlykpop
    Timezone: GMT -5

My schedule fluctuates alot so I would basically be able to host whenever I am online. I cant give specific times but I will be on and off during those 3 days. Wish I had a more open availability :/ Sounds fun though!

PSN ID
    novide

PSN id: novide
    GMT+1

I could host from Saturday 13.00 to 21.00 GMT with some breaks.

PSN ID
    Colonel__Gaddafi, Erik_Ponti

PSN ID - either Colonel__Gaddafi or Erik_Ponti
    GMT+0

I can host all through Friday night and Saturday morning til about 12pm, and from 2pm Sunday afternoon til the end.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    vlhad13

PSN ID: vlhad13 and my brother jorg_garcia78 Ready!
    GMT-5

I can host friday,saturday and sunday

Let's funk

a pleasure to race with you guys

PSN ID
    Dark_Phantom_89

Crikey, haven't seen those Avalon records for ages. Where'd you find them yeldar?

Put me down as an attendee. I may be able to host as well, but I'm tentative at the moment.

P.S: Pretty sure I nabbed that Chenghou Rev Endurance Weps Off record from you yeldar, by a couple of seconds.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

well I'll follow DP in adding my name to that list of participants and tentative hosts, it's too early to say what my schedule will be like that weekend but if I am available I'll host when I can:

PSN: Oryx_Crake
    time: GMT -1

PSN ID
    scarfrogers

Scarfrogers
    Gmt (england)
    Can prob host, as I am the best host, right Cipher?...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Oryx_Crake & Frumpman

what are the rules for hosting in avalon it's been so long I don't remember...

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

You're probably right. That was the list I was keeping tabs on when I stopped racing, I wasn't around for a lot of the 'new' Avalon events so I'm sure my list is obsolete now.

Have removed to avoid confusion. It's irrelevant anyway as none of the records will be broken due to the new handling package.

I suggest starting a new records list for the purposes of the proposed weekend, it will give people some bragging rights to race for.

My most recent memory of Avalon was 1 race weps on, 1 race weps off, random track order.

However ORIGINAL Avalon rules was:
    2 Races Weps OFF
    1 Races Weps ON

The most common/longest standing (and my favourite) Avalon rules was
    2 Races Weps ON
    2 Races Weps OFF
    Track by track
    Last edited by yeldar2097; 11th February 2014 at 08:06 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Gekko_P

PSN: Gekko_P
    GMT+1 (Italy)
    Can't host, my connection is often poor.
    Last edited by GekkoP; 11th February 2014 at 08:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@scar don't make me star a petition lol

@yeldar nooooo, i was going to use that as a reference for my own times dangit!, could you shoot that back to me in a PM or so please ^^

and any way of hosting is fine with me, i usually go track by track, as i'm terrible at random and forget which ones we've done already and what not

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by yeldar2097 View Post

My most recent memory of Avalon was 1 race weps on, 1 race weps off, random track order.

However ORIGINAL Avalon rules was:
    2 Races Weps OFF
    1 Races Weps ON

The most common/longest standing (and my favourite) Avalon rules was
    2 Races Weps ON
    2 Races Weps OFF
    Track by track
    The last few AVALON events were run pretty much as the last description above, per track.
    Track requests were taken via AVALON chatroom, that's if enough wanted to race a certain track, but otherwise it is left to the hosts discretion which tracks are raced.
    Usually there were so many people in the chatroom wanting to race that several different racing rooms had to be open / hosted at the same time, and people would just swap rooms as spaces became available.
    Races were [and will still be] kept to one track at a time [No multi track tournaments], there is a reason for this.
    Some people would find themselves racing well above there usual league, and subsequently drop out of the tournament after just one or two races, which is annoying for everybody, especially if you have been waiting patiently in the chatroom for a spot to become available.

I'll just remind those that are not familar with a AVALON get together, these are just PURE races [for the most part at Phantom speed], I'm sure somebody in the AVALON2014 chatroom will volunteer to host some Rapier / Flash speed for those who prefer those speed classes.
    NO Eliminator, NO Zone.

The Only requirement is to turn up, and be logged into the AVALON2014 chatroom so you know who is hosting what room at what speed, then be ready to race till your thumbs are bleeding.

PS: Since there is seldom a room not full, and quite likely everybody would have chrome skins, it's very easy to do a quick Bling Brigade run if anybody needs it, just request it in the AVALON2014 chatroom

PLEASE SEE SEPARATE POLL REGARDING PROPOSED DATE CHANGE!
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th February 2014 at 10:58 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Danterich

nostalgic thought:
    My last Avalalon was in 2010. Anybody remembering the Syncopia rooms? Would be great to have this "bonus-track" online again. (Leungbok, plz read this)

PSN ID
    AnErare, AnE

Just what I was thinking yesterday, to try and start maybe with an opening party on Syncopia if we can still get into it ;D Cat was telling me yesterday it got more difficult possibly since the latest patches. No idea though, haven't tried yet.

I'll be able to host for probably the entire weekend for as much as is feasible for me to do My connection is great (fibre) so that should tackle any possible lag. Also seeing as I've been one of the main hosters for many of the earlier Avalon weekends I'd like to opt to be the main host for familiarity.

More hosts will be needed by the looks of it so it's good to see more people are offering. As mentioned earlier hosting will most likely mainly be Phantom but any speed is acceptable of course, whatever people want to race at or on should be an option.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OOHHH! Nice thought, we should have this as a special room on the day.
    If anybody can get Syncopia online to happen they should make it known in the AVALON2014 chatroom, then as long as everybody who enters that Syncopia room is in the AVALON2014 chatroom, and understands what is happening, it would be easy for the initial host to leave the room, and somebody else to inherit hosting that track [They just have to be aware NOT to change tracks]
    In theory, if we work it like that, we could have a Syncopia room open for the entire Avalon meet.

For those who don't know.
    It is possible to get Sycopia up as a race-able track online, like the normal choices, due to a glitch.
    A Royal PITA to get happening, but repeatable.
    Leungbok seems to have removed his video on how to do it, I've linked Cipher's slightly different one for those that want to practice getting it up online
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i0q-9EjgSE

Also posted in the AVALON2014 poll thread.
    REGARDING AVALON2014 chatroom invites.

For those that have sent me friends requests.
    I got a PSN message saying that a few have been denied due to me being maxed out friends wise.
    Problem is, I haven't been able to find a way to send people a AVALON2014 chatroom invite unless they are on my friends list, or in my recent "Players Met" list.

So people.
    To get everybody on the same page, if you already have a AVALON2014 chatroom invite, could you PLEASE pass the invite on to others who have yet to receive one, and want one.
    Likewise if you want a AVALON2014 chatroom invite and have yet to receive one, please let it be known so somebody can send you one.

It takes all of us to make this event a success.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 12th February 2014 at 12:04 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    texasalex

PSN ID: texasalex
    Timezone: GMT +1
    Host: Cannot host, because of <1Mbit connection.