Thread: PACER Updare - Fixes news

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default PACER Update - Fixes news

I thought it's time a thread like this was started, since a lot of people are wondering what's happening regarding what's being done to fix issues with the game.

This was posted by R8 a few hours ago on 7/11/20.

A big thank you to all of you for joining us for week one of PACER!

Our team are continuing to work on the feedback coming through and whilst we have released Patch 1.03 this week, we also have another patch in the works, which will be landing early next week with more improvements expected across the board!

We are very aware that a number of players are experiencing some game crashes whilst playing online on PS4 consoles and we already have a fix ready to remedy this next week.

Additionally, we will be submitting the Xbox fixes (as well as the new patch updates and improvements) to Microsoft early next week. We don't expect the turn around time to be too long, but we currently can't give a firm date of when to expect release, but we will be updating you all as we get firm and final confirmation from Microsoft and the Xbox team.

One more Xbox-related thing we would like to address before heading into the weekend - We have recently just finished up our first seasonal event (for Halloween) and due to the timing of the Xbox version not falling in place, this event has now passed. However, when the Xbox version launches, we will be running a time limited event where you will still be able to claim and unlock all of the same Halloween craft modifications.

Hope you all have an incredible weekend,

-Team R8Games

For those on PS4 having online issues.
    Elhabib has deduced what is causing the problem and has posted a workaround until the fix lands next week....see below.

ATTENTION!
    Online is having serious problems, as I'm sure you all have experienced by now, but today we found out a very curios pattern to it and also a WORKAROUND until it is fixed.
    The problem seems to be connected to loading screens - the online lobby I was in made it impossible for everyone but the host to play two consecutive races. It would always let you do one race and then crash on the loading screen of the next race - EVERY TIME, and for every player in the lobby but the host.
    HOWEVER we found a workaround for it: after each race, if you leave the online lobby and rejoin it (while the host is waiting), it will load the next race no problem. Doing this, leaving and rejoining the lobby after every race, I was able to do 6 or 7 consecutive races, a feat I have not managed in this game so far, unless I was hosting.
    I hope this helps, and please, @Game Developer , get this **** fixed. I know you got your hands full, but this is laughable. I have never seen a game on PS4 where online is so dysfunctional. And this is a seven year old system. You're seriously hurting your userbase.
    [9:37 AM]
    I'd like to add that upon leaving the lobby after every race, I would consistently get an error code after leaving! So the issue was obviously already there, just waiting for the next loading screen, as you also get one when you leave a lobby.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th November 2020 at 10:16 PM.