Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PACER now available at the PStore

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Apparently if you drop shadows from Ultra settings to something lower it fixes the problem.
    The Person who reported this said all other settings can remain the same.

QUOTE:
    UPDATE: I installed the latest driver (v457.09) and it didn't help much. The FPS wouldn't drop quite as low, however it still happened on most tracks.

I dropped all settings to low, and I no longer had the issue. So, I bumped all settings back to Ultra and dropped each setting to Low one at a time to see which setting might be causing it.

Seems like it was Shadows causing the issue, as I no longer got any fps drop or stuttering when looking behind me with the setting lowered. I can even run the setting on Very High without having any issues, so I guess it's just the Ultra setting causing me issues specifically.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

I was there at the PSN store to download this within an hour or so of it finally being released! So happy to have this game again, and big congratulations to the creators for their many years of perseverance!

I second that. Excellent game!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just went through the PACER records...F3000 El MURO Day to see how many records have been set.....since everybody has to set a record on this track you can gauge PS4 PACER SALES.

It's around 400 times set ATM

So I wrote around 150 PSN-IDs down from those records to sent them invites to the Pacer AG racing group, only to find that roughly half of those records were set by PS4 owners who are not on PS+, so around hald of all PACER purchasers are playing PACER offline like a old PSone WO.

And I'm one of them!😜

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Might explain why the WO Omega Pack servers died so quick if 50% of the game purchasers don't play online.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Found a podcast/interview with Cold Storage from October 9th 2020: https://insertmoin.de/interview-mit-...-cold-storage/
    It starts in German, but just skip the first 2-3 minutes and youŽre good.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Sony charging for online now, unlike in the PS3 era, was a terrible decision for Wipeout fans. A decade ago any random person buying the game could play online.

I actually signed up for PS+ for the first time in anticipation of playing online. But I haven't been able to get into any online games so far on Pacer. A few people were playing Omega, I was happy to see, so I joined over there and finally got the online trophies

I can't justify paying for online play for just one game I'm afraid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I actually signed up for PS+ for the first time in anticipation of playing online. But I haven't been able to get into any online games so far on Pacer. A few people were playing Omega, I was happy to see, so I joined over there and finally got the online trophies
    Pacer v1.02 has a lot of bugs in online mode, frame freeze more common than actually working. It also has a critical bug in campaign making it impossible to complete. R8 are aware of these bugs and they are working on a solution, especially the critical campaign bug. Let's hope that online play gets a lot more stable soon.