Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PACER now available at the PStore

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

@Blackwiggle, that is some great news! I really want to remap the controller so that Square accelerates and X boosts.

Right now I'm stuck on the fourth Izulu race; can't figure out a way to finish higher than about seventh as this ship slips and slides all over the place. The game won't let you leave a team and try out for another once you've started, it seems.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, the problem when quitting a Tournament [doesn't seem to happen with all of them] is that you might find that you have to start the whole tournament from the beginning again.
    Hopefully this situation will be sorted with updates when they are eventually show up.
    Try one of the setup's I give in my previous post.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

I should have been clearer; this isn't a tournament. It's the fourth part of the Izulu team challenge; it's a single race. I don't see any way to go back and join a different team. Originally I had my pick of three (Neutron, Dragon Star, and Izulu); I picked Izulu but I just can't drive their ship at all.

Update file has just been installed!👍

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OK, I've just been on to DISCORD....strongly suggest anybody that has PACER start doing the same if you want to keep up to date with what's happening with the game, great from tips and tricks as well.

Here is the lowdown of what the first game patch does......Expect more patches to come relatively quickly to address other issues,they have to test that the fixes actually work first....No I don't known when.

QUOTE FROM R8 PATCH NOTES

PACER has been out for less than a week and our team here at R8Games are incredibly happy that you are all finally all able to enjoy the incredible amount of work our team have put into the game - but our work is just beginning!

We've been listening to your feedback and have begun to systematically evaluate and address every thought and comment sent our way! As such, today we have released our first patch for PACER to improve the experience for the few and the many!

Here's the low-down on what is included and addressed in PACER Patch 1.03!

Patch 1.03 includes various crash and stability fixes including:

- {Crash} Fixed an issue with the Dragon Stars Team goal that crashes the title on events where the goal isn't achievable.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where users couldn't access time trial in certain languages.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where attempting to access Elite speed in certain modes in some languages would cause a crash.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where video information wasn't purged from the buffer on the track select screen causing a crash.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue with the avatar system that could cause a crash when entering/returning to a lobby at the end of a race (or on the Map Vote Screen).
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where the lobby could a crash due to removing of Avatar data.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where the title could crash when selecting matchmaking multiple times in succession.
    - {Crash} Fixed an issue where the title could crash when a user was dead when the race ended.
    - Fixed an issue where the incorrect shaders were cached in the build pipeline, so built incorrectly on some tracks.

Plus additional minor tweaks and improvements.

Our team are very thankful for every piece of feedback you send our way to keep PACER in tip-top shape, so if you have any thoughts and feedback keep them coming our way!
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 2nd November 2020 at 08:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

I'm totally out of the loop on what Discord is... some kind of chat app? How do I get involved?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You can download it to PC or iphone. I prefer the PC.
    https://discord.com/

At it's most basic it's a chat app. but it's also much more.

If you download the app and join, just click on the STEAM PACER link below, then scroll down to where it says DISCORD and click on it, it will take you directly to the PACER DISCORD page.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/389670/Pacer/

You'll see on the left all the different channels, Announcements: General Chat:Fan ART: etc, then there are 3 different channels for each port of PACER, say for PS4 there is PS4 Leaderboards: Racing Clips [new]: Bugs reports and Ifg, which is live online discussion.
    There is a lot more to DISCORD that would take too long to explain, but easy to get your head around once you start looking through things.

Here's a screen shot of PACERS DISCORD page to give you a idea.
    Attachment 11141
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone know where online there's a playlist in line for the music?

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Just joined, Blackwiggle! Looking forward to the lively chat there!