Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PACER now available at the PStore

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default PACER now available at the PStore

I just had a look and saw PACER had been put up at the PStore....use search to find it.[I'm 10+ hours ahead of UK, so it might not show at the UK PStore yet]

File size is 15.13GB....Price was AUS $59.95

Join PS4 community - PACER AG RACING GROUP - for like minded AG racing nutters who want to get into the game.

EDIT: I have just put a few hours into PACER and can Happily say that on a PS4 PRO the game not only looks FAR better than a lot of people are going to expect, but it plays as smooth as silk. [I'm playing on a 65" 200HZ 4K TV ] and it looks amazing, better than my PC IMHO.

Surprisingly all 80+ music tracks that were in the development version are in the game.

Also if you were a Kickstarter person your name will be listed in the credits....it's something I suppose.

I'm not sure how long the Halloween craft skins will be available, maybe just for early purchasers till end of OCT.....it was the little extra something R8 put into the game that I mentioned about in another thread.

This is NOT FF, it's a lot more refined than FF in every department.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 28th October 2020 at 03:58 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Thanks, that's reassuring. Now I have to wait until I receive my download key...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

All was good with the game, that was until I went to remap controls.

Doesn't work.

I just TRIED to sign into DISCHORD to report the problem and I'm stuck in a endless loop of clicking of stupid squares of pictures to prove I'm not a robot, that doesn't work either.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The game should be up now on all except Xbox, apparently there was a major FAIL regarding that....what it was I don't know.

Also I have reported the none working of the controller remapping and R8 said they already knew about the problem and are in 'Fix it' mode, something to do with UNREAL engine

Timezone
    GMT -5

I'm seeing reports of inconsistent frame rates. Like the game will easily stay above 60 but drop below frequently, with CPU and GPU usage at or below 50% on high end systems.

I guess I might pick it up and play for an hour and refund it if I don't think it's in a playable (for a racer) state.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

After playing for a few hours I'm very impressed over all. Only a few strange things. The ingame volume is really low. I had to adjust volume quite a bit compared to other PS4 games. Still I could barely hear the music tracks at all. It is good now but I had to lower voice and sound effects massively in the settings.
    Also when the craft passes by post race there is a really weird stuttering sound until the audio track fades away.
    Still trying to sideshift... not the games fault though.

Just tried the game with headphones. Wow! What a massive difference! That was very immersive. Audio is one of the most impressive things so far.
    Still has the stuttering audio bug post race. I hope they fix that. It is kind of annoying.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 29th October 2020 at 07:13 PM.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Multibody, I totally agree. First, I used my hifi-equipment. Well, it was okay. But the music was too low, so I decreased FX etc. Later I switched to my Beyerdynamic headphones and oooh boy...as you said, the immersion overcame me
    The soundtrack is massive. Maybe 60 songs, several Warp records artists etc. Very cool.

Though it crashed 3 times during 3 hours of play. Hope they can fix this. But overall I am really happy with the outcome so far. Enjoy it far more than Redout (which is a very good game - just feels different than I prefer).

So far, I can really recommend it!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I haven't tried this yet, but as PACER doesn't have a dedicated side shift move, you might want to try making a craft loadout using DRIFT as a basis.

Combined with a none default airbrake mod, that might give you the handling type your after.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Pico de Goroh View Post
    I'm seeing reports of inconsistent frame rates. Like the game will easily stay above 60 but drop below frequently, with CPU and GPU usage at or below 50% on high end systems.

I guess I might pick it up and play for an hour and refund it if I don't think it's in a playable (for a racer) state.
    Correct. I was one of the ones who posted on steam forums. After i did, the moderator merged it to the bug thread so it would be harder for people to spot the unoptimized mess. Its basically unplayable if you want a 144hz experience. I can turn down the settings/res scaling to the point that even 2097 would look better, and it would still drop to 25-30 FPS at specfic parts of the track. Its too annoying to play with these frame spikes especially in a fast paced game like this

Even need for speed heat & almost any modern Ubisoft PC game that uses two malware DRM's that utilizes CPU like insane is more optimized than this mess

Good game though, but needs more work on optimizing it, and some QoL features as well.

Also if anyone is annoyed by unmappable binds, you can open up run and type %localappdata% then go to formulafusion/saved/config/windowsnoeditor and open up Input.ini in something like notepad++. Here you can adjust some of the binds like thrust & airbrakes. Here is the controller input names for unreal engine 4 games

https://michaeljcole.github.io/wiki....d_Input_Names/
    Last edited by Racingfan; 30th October 2020 at 04:44 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Yeah, I just picked it up to see how it performs on my PC.

Got drops to 50fps regardless of resolution and settings. 1440p Ultra, or 720p medium, didn't matter.

So this... probably isn't going to be addressed, right? Like, they've had a very long time to dial in performance.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Apparently if you drop shadows from Ultra settings to something lower it fixes the problem.
    The Person who reported this said all other settings can remain the same.

QUOTE:
    UPDATE: I installed the latest driver (v457.09) and it didn't help much. The FPS wouldn't drop quite as low, however it still happened on most tracks.

I dropped all settings to low, and I no longer had the issue. So, I bumped all settings back to Ultra and dropped each setting to Low one at a time to see which setting might be causing it.

Seems like it was Shadows causing the issue, as I no longer got any fps drop or stuttering when looking behind me with the setting lowered. I can even run the setting on Very High without having any issues, so I guess it's just the Ultra setting causing me issues specifically.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

I was there at the PSN store to download this within an hour or so of it finally being released! So happy to have this game again, and big congratulations to the creators for their many years of perseverance!

I second that. Excellent game!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I just went through the PACER records...F3000 El MURO Day to see how many records have been set.....since everybody has to set a record on this track you can gauge PS4 PACER SALES.

It's around 400 times set ATM

So I wrote around 150 PSN-IDs down from those records to sent them invites to the Pacer AG racing group, only to find that roughly half of those records were set by PS4 owners who are not on PS+, so around hald of all PACER purchasers are playing PACER offline like a old PSone WO.

And I'm one of them!😜

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Might explain why the WO Omega Pack servers died so quick if 50% of the game purchasers don't play online.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Found a podcast/interview with Cold Storage from October 9th 2020: https://insertmoin.de/interview-mit-...-cold-storage/
    It starts in German, but just skip the first 2-3 minutes and you´re good.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Sony charging for online now, unlike in the PS3 era, was a terrible decision for Wipeout fans. A decade ago any random person buying the game could play online.

I actually signed up for PS+ for the first time in anticipation of playing online. But I haven't been able to get into any online games so far on Pacer. A few people were playing Omega, I was happy to see, so I joined over there and finally got the online trophies

I can't justify paying for online play for just one game I'm afraid.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I actually signed up for PS+ for the first time in anticipation of playing online. But I haven't been able to get into any online games so far on Pacer. A few people were playing Omega, I was happy to see, so I joined over there and finally got the online trophies
    Pacer v1.02 has a lot of bugs in online mode, frame freeze more common than actually working. It also has a critical bug in campaign making it impossible to complete. R8 are aware of these bugs and they are working on a solution, especially the critical campaign bug. Let's hope that online play gets a lot more stable soon.