Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise surprise PACER delayed till end of Septmber .

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

So sorry to hear your news blackwiggle, to echo others sentiments I don’t know you personally but your name and contributions here totally familiar to me. Thoughts with you, stay strong buddy and sending some WO love.

PSN ID
    Jimsin

God, came back here after a very long absence to see if there's any news about the Pacer release, and was very sad to read about your condition Blackwiggle. I remember you very well from back in the Wipeout World Cup back in 2009. Never realised you were older than me, I'm 54 now & thought that I was pushing it a bit for a Wipeout pilot!
    Anyway, just logged in to wish you all the best. Whatever else happens you'll always be a Wipeout legend! legend of Wipeout, that's for sure!

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Damn, i'm very sorry to hear that. Stay strong!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Cheers guys. just had my second radiotheraphy session today, which are painless and easy to do, as you just basically lie there till it's done.
    Getting around though has become a real PITA, which I wasn't expecting to happen so quick, hopefully improve over the weekend as I don't need to leave the house.

I got a email from R8 asking about me which was nice.
    They offered to put a banner in the game for me, which is pretty cool of them.....even though I have no idea what to choose......some suggestions would help.

Also was told it's Sony holding things up again, mainly due to slackness on their part, R8 are hoping for good news next week, and said release will be before Xmas 2020

They are also going to be sending out reviewers keys quickly, they have 5 days to do that before a embargo comes into play, which is usually two days before the release if I read the info correctly.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

That's good to hear for pacer.

Blackwiggle, all the years l have known you through Wipeouts especially pure and pulse but don't forget HD which we have had played online, more importantly you are quite knowledgeable over certain things. So to me you are a WipEout Legend!

stevie ☺

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by stin View Post
    So to me you are a WipEout Legend!
    No doubt about that

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Sending you all my best wishes Blackwiggle!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

It's nice to see all the heartfelt comments from the wipeout community, still one of the best ones!
    As like everyone else here, wishing you the all the best Wiggle, hope you can make a good recovery, and if that's no longer possible, that you can make the best out of it and enjoy life to the fullest! You've been an ace member of the community and always will be! Don't give up! ♡

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Cheers guys, thank for the heartfelt good wishes, they are much appreciated.

Progress report is that I've finished Radiotherapy, which wasn't so bad at first, but after the last three sessions did leave me feeling like crap for a few days, no energy basically and feeling mentally scattered, which TBH I think was caused just as much by having to go to and returning from getting the treatment, as the treatment itself [the Radiotherapy machine where I first visited broke down on 3 of the 5 days I was booked in for treatment, so I had to visit a different clinic for the rest of it, typical ]

As for the still to be endured Chemo therapy.
    Well the initial plan of attack was to be treated with both a heavy and a light dose of two different Chemo drugs, which I was warned would really knock me about, but since then a new trial for some hopefully wonder treatment has become available, which I'm waiting to find out if I've made the cut to be apart of.[ Sequential 177 LU-PSMA617 and Docetaxel versus Docetaxel in Metastatic Hormone - Naive Prostate Cancer, is the trial name]
    Getting on this trial will mean I won't be getting the Heavy chemo drugs, which is great news.
    Apparently it's a new treatment for those with advanced cancer that they give two treatments of before light chemo begins, it helps really target the effected areas apparently.....my sister said she saw it on a news report the other night, it's that new.
    So here is hoping.

R8 sent me a screen grab of the banner they are going to put in the game for me, they didn't say where it was going to be placed, so the hunt will be on.
    Attachment 11136

Also I might as well tell you R8 did send me a code for the full game, and I have had a brief 30 minutes looking through the menus, and a very brief play of it......before I stuffed up and tried changing the settings to get it to playing in 4K....bad move when you are not feeling the best and haven't got your wits about you enough to sort it out again.

I'm feeling well enough to tackle the resolution problem today, so hopefully I'll be able get to get more into it.

I've promised R8 I wouldn't revel anything about the final build, which is fair enough, so don't expect anything, especially since my stuff up I have barely had a chance to play it as yet myself, you'll all be playing it soon enough anyway.

Also I got a pleasant surprise, a good friend suddenly appeared at my place with a Vaporizer and some home made medicinal oil of a certain type the other day.
    I tried it for the first time last night.
    OMG ! One puff and I was Zonked out of my brains for hours, I haven't 'Smoked' for nearly a decade, sure was a much more pleasurable improvement over the Endone tablets....think I'll definitely be getting more of this stuff, although with the supply given, and the small amount needed, I figure I've already got a months worth, Christ it's STRONG, but not in a nodding off or getting overly high way, a good balance, reminds me of the Thai buddha sticks you used to be able to get in Aus in the 80's

Not sure what it will do for my lap times though, maybe OK for ZONE MODE on Omega
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 19th October 2020 at 10:49 AM.

I'm very pleased to hear that R8 have given you the game early blackwiggle!!☺️👍

You crack me up blackwiggle, good lad.

That sign looks sick. No pun intended.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah it's a cool sign.

I originally asked for a banner that said.

Blackwiggles AG Pilots Retirement Homes.
    We keep the AG in AGED CARE.

They did a few versions, but the writing ended up being so small it seemed rather pointless if you couldn't read it, plus I sort of thought after seeing them that it might seem rather morbid, so asked for the Bar & Grill sign instead.

Link says invalid for the banner

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That's excellent! Cheers.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Without giving out specific details, I'll think you'll all be surprised by just how many MUSIC tracks are available in PACER.

Well that's if the same amount that are available on my development build I'm seeing in the menus is the same [80+ tracks], there is so much it has me thinking some might be released later as DLC.

It's something you'll going to want to spend a fair bit of time going through to see what suits you, something I haven't really done thoroughly myself just because of the sheer amount of tracks available, as PACER can seem to lack atmosphere until you sort the music out.

When I come to think about it, maybe a lot the tracks in the development build might be tracks submitted in the competition they had [years back ?] for people to have their music included in the game, seems quite a bit of it is simplistic beats and the like that to me sound similar to each other, there are a LOT of different artists listed.

If these tracks are included in the final release is unknown, you would have thought R8 would have contacted the artists that submitted their tracks that they had made it into the game....TBH I'm sort of expecting a bit of a cull of the track list in the final build
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 22nd October 2020 at 09:30 PM.

Yeah, seems unlikely that all those will make it to the final game.

What about the game itself. What do you think to it?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'm waiting to see if the a new sever is activated for the full review codes they are sending out get activated so I can test online, as I think that's where people will be diving in ASAP and where people will be scoring the game the most.

Campaign has been expanded, as you would expect with more tracks [The last track, which is a new one - LAIKA ] is a real speed demons course, sort of reminds me of the hidden track [once opened the whole game up] that I think it was WO3SE, which was a remake of a track that previously only appeared on the Japanese version of WO3 or XL/2097.

I think his track might end up being played online a lot, the sheer speed of it will be the attraction, especially in the highest speed class with a maxed out craft build.

This track will probably end up the ultimate 'Bragging Rights' track, holding the lap or TT record on, it should be fun to see what can be achieved.......actually I haven't yet tried this track in NIGHT mode, with the craft headlights on, it should give a different experience considering the atmosphere and setting of the track.

This new track sounds excellent. Can't wait to try it out!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Seems to be quite a few updates going on with the development build.
    I turned it on this morning and there was a 6.5 GB update, then shut down for a hour and there was another smaller update.

I wanted to see what I could MAX my PC's settings at just for a laugh.
    I got it working at 3840 X 2160 with Fullscreen and all settings set at Very High, but only at around 35 FPS with my Nvidia GTX970 i7 490 32GB RAM SSD's etc, which was smooth enough, but to be honest there wasn't a great deal of action going on in the game due to the control issue below, IE no weapons use by me........I'll try dropping from Very High to lower settings to see what FPS I get, as if I remember correctly I was getting around 75 FPS at EPIC settings with FF, and FF never had Auto Detect where PACER does.

It might be with all the constant changes in the development build that optimized settings aren't coming into play as yet, where they will in the final product, especially the console versions [guessing here if you can't tell ]

When I emailed R8 last week about my graphics stuff up,they did say that 4K playback will be capped at 60FPS MAX.

I don't want to goof around with the graphic settings to much after the last debacle of me screwing them up.

My biggest problem ATM is I unable to change the default control layout to PS4 controller configuration, they won't move from Xbox configuration no matter how I try to change them, either in the game [Worked on FF] or via controller input on the STEAM options, [I'll email R8 shortly to find out what the problem might be ] which is a PITA because ATM the only controls I can seem to get to work when racing are the sticks, view change and airbrakes, which TBH is pretty much useless unless in SL or TT mode

R8 must have at least started up the online server to test on, as before it used to say no server available, but now it searches for matchmaking etc, but I gather there are few people with the actual game to play against because it didn't find anybody [My timezone difference might have a fair bit to do with not being able to find anybody else online yet ]....I'll keep trying.

When I did the first bigger update I was immediately show some special new content on screen that I think you will need to unlock in game to use, as I couldn't access it yet....TIP- do the Training Course first to start unlocking special skins/craft mods ETC and I suppose Trophies given that two popped up after doing the first training race.
    It's a little extra R8 have added to the game just for a laugh [No spoilers]........If this will be available on the console versions I don't know, I can't see why it wouldn't end up as a small DLC update almost immediately.

OK, guess I'll go back to trying to figure out WTF is going on with these controller settings

That's why I like consoles rather than PC gaming, less stuffing about with settings that can counteract each other leaving you with a WTF is going on now situation.