Thread: NO new WipEout game announced with PS5, sadness ensues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default NO new WipEout game announced with PS5, sadness ensues

Just felt like expressing my (expected, yet still deeply felt) disappointment when witnessing no new WipEout game announcement with the Playstation 5.

One shouldn’t stop dreaming and hoping though, life is full of surprises. See you guys soon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm actually glad there isn't any probability we'll get a new wipEout - it would never live up to my expectations mixed with nostalgia anyways.
    In the last couple of years, literally every new game that came out as a renewal of a classic game has been extremely disappointing to me. I guess the majority of gamers out there (ages 15-25) just want a totally different experience in a game than what I like.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Surprise, surprise

I fully agree with eLhabib on that though. Most likely WipEout we could get is another reheat of Pure and Pulse tracks with chart music this time around.
    And yeah, modern game releases don't really hook me either, though I am "far" 25...

You guys sound so bitter. I’d love any new WipEout content, whichever form it takes, a long as it stays true to its heritage. Omega Collection wasn’t quite what we’d hoped for, but still a nice surprise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    ... long as it stays true to its heritage...
    Therein lies the problem. No wipEout has managed to recreate the 90ies future flair of the original trilogy. Or the handling, for that matter.

You’re just a purist/elitist then, because many have found deep joy in (most of) the games that followed the original trilogy, which is actually far from perfect in many respects. I prefer playing WOHD over the first games. And before you ask, yes, I started playing WO when it first came out.

Saying that you’re glad no new game is announced is selfish and nihilistic.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 22nd June 2020 at 01:15 PM.