Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
People with talent are more than capable of working with existing material, expanding it and doing it justice, as can be witnessed in the rest of the entertainment industry.
Imagine unironically thinking this.

Hey, I'd be glad to be proven wrong and be surprised with a banger new WipEout game (as long as it is no PS5 exclusive - which is already the first problem - as I won't waste my money on this piece of modern art). Hell, even if it was a PS5 exclusive I'd be glad, as there would finally be activity in this forum beyond "wHeN's a neW WipEOuT goinG tO haPPeN" which the legacy of the old games would profit from.

But realistically thinking, arcade racing is a dying franchise. Can you think of any lasting release in the recent years that actually cultivated a fanbase and was not a financial flop?
Most likely """new""" WipEout we could get would be Omega Collection Remastered(TM), half-assed together by some studio we never heard about and that don't care about the games either.
But given the general direction of the gaming industry and Sony by all means not being one of the brightest companies in regards of how to make yourself popular, a new genuine WipEout title would perhaps not really be that much of a thrill.

We don't need it anyway, as we have BNG.