Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Probably gone and forgotten in the recycle bin of some SL work computer

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

I'm surprised they were drying up on ideas for tracks for an antigrav racing game. I always thought they could've been a lot more bold; the tracks we got to see seldom provided things like big jumps and long curves that let you gaze out into the horizon and see the rest of the level. There should've been way more bombastic tracks like Sebenco, Altima I and Sol. Whenever I look at Redout's gigantic tracks for example I wonder how they would've looked like in WipEout.
    Or this: https://cityofsound.typepad.com/blog...wipeout.ad.jpg

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Probably gone and forgotten in the recycle bin of some SL work computer
    I doubt it.
    Sony owns all that SL work, and you can bet your last dollar that it's safely hidden away in the archives, why Clever Beans weren't given the chance to use the yet unseen stuff seemed a bit strange when the Omega Pack was released, we all ''unofficially' knew of it's existence.
    Once it was realized that the Omega Pack was really more designed as a showcase VR title, you realize where their time had been spent.

As for SL track ideas drying up.
    Well they did say it was mainly because of the confines of the programs used to build them at the time.
    What SL could have done with the as yet to be released Unreal 5 engine and the PS5 we sadly shall never know.
    I doubt SL would have changed the formula very much, certainly not to the extent that it morphed into a REDOUT .

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

The BNG community really shows that there's still a lot to do in terms of track designs. Hell, even the official content pretty much innovated the classic "Ballistic AG racing" setting with Outer Reaches.
    Of course you are a bit more limited when the basic features of the track are given. But the tracks in Pulse really are pretty samey...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah I agree about the Pulse tracks, especially the 4 DLC ones
    It makes you wonder what these 6 other tracks are like.
    Are they more of the same ?
    As in being similar to the Pulse tracks, or heading more into 2048 territory ?
    Hard to tell, as I guess SL new that the Pulse DLC was going to only be released in Europe and Aus/NZ, so they used the least interesting ones for that, and would have held back the best tracks for the next wipeout, it was after Pulses release they were told there wasn't going to be anymore wipeouts.
    Only because of the VITA release we got 2048, so I suppose they would have used the best ones for that, wanting to go out on a high.
    That leaves the ''presumed'' missing tracks somewhere in the middle I guess.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    GBalao888

Sometime later in the PS5's lifespan there could be a possibility of a new WipEout since the rights and assets are still owned by Sony despite Studio Liverpool no longer existing.

I just hope it's a new WipEout built from the ground up with continuity after the Omega Collection and Pulse, set in a new FX league with a mix of tracks, old and new, and would be content-rich just like Pure.

I know it means close to nothing, but I'm just gonna leave this here for posterity.

Shaun liked the reply. Usually he replies saying it's not WO related.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 28th January 2021 at 08:26 PM.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

We can dream..........

Stevie

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I know it means close to nothing, but I'm just gonna leave this here for posterity.

Shaun liked the reply. Usually he replies saying it's not WO related.

Look at his profile description

Lead concept artist for @TTGames

I highly doubt a studio dedicated to developing LEGO games is working on a new wipeout game...

He probably wasn't aware that you replied to his tweet.