Thread: Omega Collection free on PS Plus in August

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Default Omega Collection free on PS Plus in August

WipEout Omega Collection free on PS Plus from 6th August - 2nd September.

Hopefully this will re-ignite the online lobbies for a while and give some people the chance to experience online properly and also grab a couple of trophies they may have missed.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, you'll get a small spike with online players that will last about 2 weeks, most will be from the USA I imagine [As most EURO based players will already have it], and being American, most will gravitate to playing Eliminator if things run true to past form

The same thing happened when WO HD was given away after the hacking incident on the PS3.

You just have to read the posts at the Sony blog, most people are happy about Augusts free games, but by the same token, more are talking about Sniper Elite 4 than the Omega collection.

I'll download it anyway, as I have the disc version which doesn't have the Van Uber craft

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yeah I was just gonna say, happy to see new people play the game, but 99.9% of them will never get past flash speed and exclusively play eliminator online, so, nothing for us veterans to get excited about...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well to be fair, when you have veterans playing against new comers, I imagine that most first time pilots will be put off by losing races by DNF.

Please everyone be polite, friendly and try to get some people to at least attempt to master the steep learning curve. I myself plan to play with a handicap in an attempt to keep the races closer.

I'm also hoping to see some long time friends log in, in hopes of seeing people online for once.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

What I meant was that only 0.001% of new players will likely stick to it long enough to get good.
    I play 2048 exclusively online and I usually pick Quirex agility (slowest craft in the game) until someone beats me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I plan to fly EGX in HD, and Qirex Combat to try to handicap myself to even things up. At least until I see one of you gents join the race.