Thread: COMPETITION - Win a FEISAR print by Shaun Mooney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default COMPETITION - Win a FEISAR print by Shaun Mooney

Here we go, it's competition time! Pilots in the UK, this is your last chance to get your hands on one of these amazing FEISAR prints by Tigron designer Shaun Mooney. The winner will be chosen by a random draw like the others, but this time, you'll need to earn the right to enter! There's two things you'll need to do:

1 - Make sure you have an active account on the forums

2 - Beat Hellfire! I have set five times on tracks on Wipeout HD Fury on Rapier Class. For each time you beat, you'll get one entry into the draw, so the more times you beat, the more chance you'll have of winning! I will post the times in separate posts in the Arena forum, to enter all you have to do is reply to the thread with a screenshot of your time at the end of the run. Times may be set on PS3, PS4, or if you're feeling brave, PS Vita. You can use any team and any craft you like!

*The competition is running across FB, Twitter and the WZ forums. You may only enter through ONE platform though, anyone doubling/trebling up on entries on FB/Twitter/the forums will be disqualified*

You have until 11:59 GMT on Sunday 18th February to get your entries in, the draw will be made soon after. Best of luck everyone! Please remember that the competition is open to UK entrants ONLY.

Attached Images Attached Images

Such a shame this is UK only... again! I don’t understand why. International postage isn’t an issue: you only had to specify that the winners will have to pay for it (or you just pay for it, it’s not that expensive).

Have fun I guess.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    Such a shame this is UK only... again! I don’t understand why. International postage isn’t an issue: you only had to specify that the winners will have to pay for it (or you just pay for it, it’s not that expensive).

Have fun I guess.
    Hey man.

The reason I was only willing to post within the UK is because this has all been done out of my own time and pocket. It has cost me a considerable amount of time and money to produce the artwork, get the prints made, pay for them to be shipped to my address, spend the time carefully wrapping them and getting them all safely delivered. I have a full time job, a partner and child with another child due in a few months. I have very little time as it is so I didn't want a further complication of sorting out the international shipping, transferring money for that etc. It was just something I wasn't willing to do on top of everything else. On the next version I do, (which is in the early stages of planning) I am factoring in international people. I'm speaking with people who will help out next time.

cheers.

I understand, sorry, my reaction was out of disappointment after this has been hyped for weeks by everybody. Never feels nice to be left out due to who you are and where you come from, it’s a just a human sentiment.

Good on you for this and your other past and ongoing work despite the circumstances you mention.

PSN ID
    Manhandz69

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I understand, sorry, my reaction was out of disappointment after this has been hyped for weeks by everybody. Never feels nice to be left out due to who you are and where you come from, it’s a just a human sentiment.

Good on you for this and your other past and ongoing work despite the circumstances you mention.
    It was never a case of wanting to leave people out. Its a logistics issue This isn't set in stone, but hopefully on the next one John from XDEV may be able to help out more so I can run the comp internationally from the start. It takes a long time to design the ships to this level of quality, so it will be a while but I'm starting a new one. Its either going to be Auricom or Piranha. A dual hull design.

Ooohhh lovely! Looking forward to it.

The truth is, your Feisar ship has been my desktop wallpaper for a while now and thus I’ve been seeing it everyday, so really do I also need a signed copy? Probably not I could actually have it printed myself now that I think about it, hmmm...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
    (..) and child with another child due in a few months. (..)
    Congratulations!

@Charlie Fun fact, even though you say "if you're feeling brave, PS Vita", Anulpha Pass is the only one that applies for that, as it is the only Rapier Time Trial track in the campaign that matches your line up (I was feeling brave for the others as well though )

Timezone
    GMT -5

@Mooney

As I said on Twitter, it was great fan service to make these available at all, and the community appreciates it. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to pay full compensation for the cost of printing production and shipping, in order to get a signed copy; I don't suspect I'm alone in this. It's fantastic work - worth paying for, personally. However, whether or not such an arrangement is feasible, or even within your legal right to reproduce under such circumstances, is another matter entirely. You sound like you've got enough on your plate as it is, and I honestly don't know what kind of potential Creative Commons issues and the like you may run into reproducing these prints for potential profit.

Regardless, can't wait to see the next round.