Thread: Gigabyte Aorus VR Simulator - What a proper Wipeout VR experience would look like!

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

Default Gigabyte Aorus VR Simulator - What a proper Wipeout VR experience would look like!

http://mashable.com/2017/06/02/aorus.../#5PTdhQzJ15qS

Now we really need Wipeout VR, in the meantime, we've got Red:Out.

These "simulators" are utterly useless since they don’t convey any sense of lateral and longitudinal acceleration, hence why people get motion sickness on them.

This is the closest you can get to real life sensations, but even that is far from reality by a factor of... a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T_tXG-89IU

Last edited by AdHoc; 14th July 2017 at 08:03 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -10
    PSN ID
    Riamusama

I so want that for my house!

Timezone
    GMT + 9.5
    PSN ID
    keg11

oh bloody heck! What's the retail on one of those?

Here’s a much better video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkteVTfxOhE

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Since Monday im a proud owner of PSVR, and i must say there's nothing more awesome to experience in the world of entertainment as of now! The X-Wing VR mission in Battlefront is absolutely gorgeous, the VR mode of GT-Sport is mind blowing, Nordschleife in a LMP1 car is like driving in a rollercoaster but much better. Seriously, if you can get your hands on a PSVR, just try it out. You'll want to own one afterwards, believe me

PSN ID
    Revolucion070

I've played on PSVR once as Playstation was having a tour across my country promoting the device, and as said, it was a blast! The problem with it is the price. It's actually the price of the sole console but it still is only an add-on. Lack of full games only makes it a worse deal.
    I'm afraid it will end the same [unfortunate] way as Vita. A great device but overpriced and with too little titles to play.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

this thing is some sick **** now imagine this with a complete sphere surrounding you, which would make 'barrel rolls/ looping etc.' possible to experience by yourself! cannot wait for the final consumer edition...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't know about where you guys live, but the main reason I seldom use my Sony VR helmet 'On the few games worth playing' is because it steams up so quickly, I mean so much so it's like trying to look at your reflection in a bathroom mirror after having a hot show, you can't, it's just Fog.

Sydney Australia can get quite humid in Spring as that's when a lot of the rain falls, as for Summer, well it just steams up under your own body heat.

Apart from that, a lot of the early games that were made available at the PStore are rubbish TBH, there are slowly getting some better games, but either the resolution is so low you sort of lose interest and end up wanting to play a none VR title that's in 4K just to compensate, or the games are quite short, and you get the "Is that it"? question.
    TBH I'd rather have a short Good VR experience that a long average or bad one...... I see Badlands 2 has been made into a VR version, how well that will work in VR mode I'll leave for others to find out, doesn't interest me....it will be interesting to find out though.

My most enjoyable VR game so far has been the platform game MOSS.......really well done.

I've been sent three separate questionnaires by Sony saying....we notice you haven't being using your VR helmet, any reason why?

Yeah,reasons above......any suggestions to Improve the VR experience? Sure put some small vent fans around the temple area and make the rubber surround around the nose have small vents in it, result would be circulated air = not steam up.......plus get some earbuds that don't fall out, current ones are hopeless..... I gave up trying to use those earbuds on the 2nd day of ownership, why they won't stay in has me stumped.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

that's a shame to hear you've so much trouble because of where you live. over here the temperature is always fine enough to have zero problems with a blurry screen. and yeah the sony vr earbuds are not very good, solution was buying sennheiser stereo 'over ear' headphones. my brain upscales the low resolution of PSVR to an extend where i don't recognize anymore that it's just half '1080p/eye'

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Easiest solution to the lenses fogging up are:
    1) remove the rubber - it can be taken off very easily, Sony even recommends it for cleaning (and it's easy to fit back on) - instead tape some pieces of paper or cardboard on the sides to block out light.
    2) get some anti-fog spray - this exists for car windows, ski goggles etc. and spray your lenses with it after a thorough cleaning. Alternatively, you could use a thin layer of oil (for example the one that comes with an electric razor for cleaning) - this should repel most of the humidity and keep the lenses from fogging up.

What eLhabib said, the antifog spray is great (I use it for diving).
    And:
    3) Invest in an AC unit to dry the air

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Quote Originally Posted by JFthebestJan View Post

this thing is some sick **** now imagine this with a complete sphere surrounding you, which would make 'barrel rolls/ looping etc.' possible to experience by yourself! cannot wait for the final consumer edition...
    That's hella cool. I still haven't set aside the money to invest in a VR headset, but I can appreciate the rush this kind of setup would have the ability to provide.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    What eLhabib said, the antifog spray is great (I use it for diving).
    And:
    3) Invest in an AC unit to dry the air
    The problem with getting a AC unit is the running cost over Summer, they suck a LOT of electricity, and as you would know, the electricity prices in Australia have trebled over the last 8 years, it's already costing me $5 a day for electricity without running one [ I average 10.55 KW usage a day], I've worked out it would push it up to $7.50 a day as they alone use 4.5KW

Your in Hobart, you get it easy [heat/humidity wise] compared to me in Sydney.

Looks like I might have to get a AC unit anyway, I have NO intention of again suffering a Summer of the same debilitating heat + humidity of last year, weeks of temps at 100 +F/ 40+C with the energy sapping humidity on top , can't do anything in that relentless heat, trying to sleep is the worse, especially if a mosquito finds it's way in through the fly screen, forget trying to sleep with one of those bastards dive-bombing past your ear in the dark if they haven't already started biting you, impossible, you have to get up and try and find it to kill it .

Oh the joys of Summer in OZ.