Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10 things i hate about wipeout fusion

Has anyone mentioned the sloppy box cover? Had no style what so ever, in fact the games didn't have much style either.

Most game boxes suck donkey balls. They probably get the work experience kids to design them.

EDIT: Hee hee, my post count ends in sizzy-nine!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell
    -AG Systems is gone replaced by G-Tech. I know the new developers wanted a plug, but please, don't toss a great team.
    How lame am I? I never caught onto the plug until I read your comment! ops:

me either. i have sUch a penetrating intelligence. :roll:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

oversea Lamers!! .. :

Unless I'm mistaken, using the term "lamer" automatically place one in said category simply by its use. :wink:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

(_ _,)/~~

Default only twice?

''EDIT: Hee hee, my post count ends in sizzy-nine!''

mine's done that 24 times. woohoo!

Default ....

grrrrrrrrrrrr

hope the second one comes ot better as the rumor sais

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

Going back to the checkpoints, I think Gran Turismo have got it right. When you pass through a checkpoint, or a "split" the onscreen shows the tine difference (firstly) between you and the driver infront and (secondly) between you and the driver behind.
    Checkpoints arent necessarily lame but time limits are a waste of space!
    With time limits, you're either too rubbish that you always get caught out by them, or youre a good player and you always pass the checkpoints in time.

Another thing, I thought avery lapped contender in fusion was supposed to be eliminated. Whats the deal with that? When I go for a sunday stroll on florian 3 in the 100%piranha, I lap everybody, yet they're still there for me to quake on the next lap. What gives?

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

ok,my problems with fusion

1,Vohl Square course 1,forward and reverse,this track sux,BIG TIME :

2, weapons, the Flamer and Photon cannon are totally useless ,unless your in the right craft :x

3, Challenges,the DV's made them "Too Hard" to date,I have only 5 Golds ops:

4, Characters,who wants to play as a "character",I mean it's fine for something like "Final Fantasy" or "Splinter Cell" Or "Metal Gear Solid" ,it's supposed to be you in the craft not you as the character :roll:

I've never experienced the " going thru the wall thingy " so I can't really comment on that one,but the problems that i have are very minor and I think it's a good game overall

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Fusion is the best WipEout game of all. Okay, the flying-style is more than just bad, I know, but all in all it's the best game. You have more modes, more ships, more Tracks, more informations about teams, pilots and lots of other things. The thing with the pilots is a very good one, because this way every team has it's own character and a own story.

Yes, the ship's design is not like it was in the older games, but hey, they don't look so bad, right?! The menue is easy to understand, the design of the game is really good and the soundtrack, too!

The graphic is like 8O - no other WipEout title has a better one.

Zone is one of the best modes and it's the ultimate speed-feeling! There are so many thing I like, I can't say the game is no WipEout-game.

Okay, the game is full of bugs, but they aren't so bad if you know how to get around them. (slow down on Vohl Square).

The game is too easy, that's the only thing that makes the game worse...

PSN ID
    DaMiGiSan, DaMiGiX

Default 10 things i hate about wipeout fusion

Easy...?,you call fusion "easy"..??? 8O :roll: , I think that Wipeout fusion is by far the hardest of the games : ,it took me over 85 hr.s before I opened up time trial and I don't even have the gold challenges yet :cry: ops: , please refer to the topic AG League Completed to see my progression , but I wll agree with you that it is the "best of them" :wink:

I think that Wipeout fusion is by far the hardest of the games
    fusion IS easy. have you ever played XGIII (Extreme G Racing)? there you get to know what difficulty and speed really means...

1,Vohl Square course 1,forward and reverse,this track sux,BIG TIME
    dito... but my most hated track is temtesh bay course 2 (+reverse). it's so stupid! I barely can handle to fly threw the tunnel-part without any scratches... in the other case (when I use the air brakes more often) the enemies go ahead. *scream*

the soundtrack is IMO just great...

...and the menu is a catasrophie itself

Finally... it was my first wipeout-game - and I love it ^_^ (maybe because I hadn't have the chance to play the others, yet)

The Music: not that I hate the music, but it just doesn't fit the game. Whatever happened to the times of Wip3out and 2097? Bring on The Chemicals, Leftfield (even if they have split up stick in 6/8 War or the Dave Clarke remix of Phat Planet), Tech Itch (yeah, dutty Drum n Bass can work), Luke Slater, Evil Nine (For Lovers, Not Fighters, We Have The Energy), etc

The Tracks: Some are great, some just God damn awful. As great as it is, it lost credibility when you ended up in space on Katmoda (is that how it's spelt?)

The Teams: Why get rid of some of the teams? Stupid idea, stupid replacements, get em back.

Gameplay: Too combat orientated. The need to actually be faster than your opponents is no longer needed as it's all just about blastin' the **** out of whoevers next to you. Sure you did that in the other Wipeouts but the combat wasn't so heavy handed as before.

The Graphics: Not necessarily bad but didn't have that futuristic feel of the others, just felt too bright and optimistic. Maybe cliched, but I prefered the Blade Runner types like Manor Top, etc

Design: Get The Designers Republic back on board. Standard!

Long time i have been around here, glad to see this whole community is still standing

In my opinion wipeout fusion isnt that bad, but the previous games where "deeper".

I remember when i played the first wipeout that i had some kind of rush by it, although i only could win the first track ops: back then i found the controls a bit to slow, so i didnt realy practice the game, although i got addicted to the whole atmosphere

Fusion just didnt have the same inpact. I hated it in the beginning. The ships looked like they were riding on invisible rails or something. When a track goes down all of a sudden the ship went straight with the track instead of flying trough the air, making a bouncy landing (yes, this is almost sounding like peotry).

Nonetheless after playing the demo for a while i got hooked. Maybe because i didnt want to miss this episode, the whole atmosphere, ...

The things that made me like wipeout like the crowd cheering from the stands, insane track design, the story, ... are still in there. Only the new physics engine is a bit to sticky. I think it would be better if they gave the ships a lot more space to bounce.

Also there are way to much weapon pads on the tracks. I'll check this with the original wipeout, but in fusion u get a pad every couple of seconds making it a fragfest instead of a racer. Yes its cool to shoot a misile at someone, but this game isnt made to be a shooter.

The gravity bomb is way to overpowered, but the grav stinger is cool, although it would be nicer if the ship scraped at the bottom of the track losing some speed and shield power. That way the pace wouldnt be slowed down like it is now.

As for the rest, music is good, sound is good, gfx are nice, trackdesign is cool except for the "off track" locations and i think good technology did a fine job starting from scratch on this game.

Well thats about it (for now)

greetz, dura

The Bugs
    The Final ship of each team doesn't have the team's colors
    No AG-SIS or Qirex
    The Ships desing are not as cool as Wipeout 3
    No Vector, Venon, rapier and Phantom

Well it's not that bad really, it plays alright though and completed 49% of the game so far, I owned the second hand version for two years but I still play it, I think the piranha ship looks pretty awesome but the problem is that the final upgrade of any ship shows a dull grey skin to it, and when it comes to piranha, it just shows grey without red or yellow at all...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

When you talk about Fusion there are almost 2 groups:
    the one who hates the game and the one who loves the game.
    So that is what I've noticed.

Personally I love the game, really. Especially because the tracks are so well designed. And I know for the most people the tracks and their sourroundings are just one more thing on the list this thread is about.
    I also like most of the shipdesigns, even when the 4ths aren't the best ones and e.g. Pure's crafts are looking far better IMO.

There's just one thing I don't like that much: the handling. I would never say it's bad - never. It's just not that handling we all love WipEout for.
    But I still like it.
    And I'm sure, that Fusion had been the best WipEout ever if they've kept the old handling. And I'm also sure that most of people hadn't said "I don't like the tracks", "I don't like the shipdesigns", "I don't like this and that" if Fusion had the WipEout-handling.

Yeah I think handling is quite bad though like having to handle the craft using air brakes can be bit arkward sometimes, especially when it comes to zone, that second level really p/**£s me off because of handling.

EDIT: Thanks Sausehuhn, I got it all sorted by now...