Thread: WipEout Pure Goodies (DLC, Unlocks, Fixes)

Smile WipEout Pure Goodies (DLC, Unlocks, Fixes)

WipEout.Pure.USA.Gamma.Packs.7z

The best DLC for WipEout Pure, adds the following:
    - 4 tracks with the visual style of the 8 main tracks
    - 2 vehicles
    - 2 tournaments "Gamma" and "Descension"

VIRUSTOTAL:
    https://virustotal.com/en/file/05271...92e6/analysis/

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zj...Gamma.Packs.7z

WipEout.Pure.USA.Phantom.Descension.Synopia.Unlock ed.7z

A barebones save file that unlocks all of the major content in the game but still leaves plenty of golds to obtain, includes the following:
    - 19 gold metals on record (no silver or bronze)
    - final phantom tournament unlocked "Descension"
    - final zone track unlocked "Synopia"

VIRUSTOTAL:
    https://virustotal.com/en/file/8e640...5db5/analysis/

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/pq...ia.Unlocked.7z

WipEout.Pure.USA.v2.60.FPS.Fix.7z

A cheat that allows the game to run at a perfect 60 FPS in every mode. Zone, Free Play, and Time Trial ran at 30 FPS originally but now you can run them at 60 FPS. This cheat also fixes frame rate drops that occur in Single Race and Tournament.

Special thanks to Kabuto_Kun for creating the cheat!

VIRUSTOTAL:
    https://virustotal.com/en/file/db124...2976/analysis/

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9....60.FPS.Fix.7z

And here is a video showcasing the game nicely in its current state using PPSSPP v1.2.2:

Last edited by applepiejr; 1st August 2016 at 09:16 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I unfortunately can't make use of the 60 FPS fix, since I play the UMD version, but it is nice to see that such a thing exists~

If only PPSSPP was available for the PS3.

EDIT: Turns out that PPSSPP cheats are in CWCheat format, so I am able to use the 60 FPS cheat on "UMD" (my physical Pure UMD broke, so I put the NTSC, PAL and JAP ISOs on my PSP instead). May Belmondo's spirit bless whoever invented Custom PSP Firmware.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 16th October 2016 at 08:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I can add the cheat to be used for the EU version of the game.
    All credits to "VIRGIN KLM" from the PPSSPP forums.

Add this to the file UCES00001.ini:
    Code:
    _S UCES-00001
    _G WipeOut Pure [EUR]
    _C0 Force 60 FPS
    _L 0x2006509C 0x00000000
    _C0 30 FPS [Normal]
    _L 0x2006509C 0x1480FFFB
    EDIT: it is beyond my comprehension why the devs did this. I mean wouldn't it have made more sense if the fps were constant 30 in single player, and 60 elsewhere?

I just tried doing zone mode and easily went to 64 when 51 was my absolute maximum on the PSP itself.
    Last edited by miljoneir; 15th October 2016 at 03:13 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

They used a Constant 30 FPS because of the PSP's slow processor and short battery life at the time, and if they unlocked the framerate... the constant stuttering as the framerate fluctuated would make for a very unpleasant visual experience.

I do feel like they could have gotten away with a higher framerate, though... like 48 FPS, since it is almost exactly between 30 and 60... and is still a multiple of the infamous "Cinematic 24 FPS" that moviegoers love so much.

It is worth noting that the CWCheat/PPSSPP cheats do not work on .CSO (compressed .ISO) format, only the regular .ISOs.

On an unrelated note, I managed to modify my copy of Pure to use Zone Mode's HUD colors in all other modes, and I may or may not have succeeded at adding more tracks to Zone Mode. Yay. I'll post the modified .WAD files when I've confirmed that they work... though they're for the Japanese version, I've yet to tweak them for PAL/NTSC.

EDIT: The modified ISO crashes a couple seconds into the first loading screen. RIP. I hope I didn't screw anything up big-time. If anybody would like to debug my modified .WAD files, you can PM me for a Google Drive link.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 17th October 2016 at 03:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

So, I've been at work modifying WipEout Pure's files here and there, and now I would like to report on some of my findings.

First off, I am pleased to announce that I have permanently patched the BOOT.BIN file for the NTSC (version 2) release to run in 60 FPS in all modes. However, there are a few problems here and there; the intro video plays too fast and tends to pause and skip a lot. There are also frequent framerate drops in Time Trial, even with an "overclocked" processor and memory bus.

I also modified the Zone Mode ship to have the physics of the WipEout Pulse zone ship, but it didn't really turn out how I expected; frequent oversteering, constantly bottoming out, etc. I also tried turning up the FOV, since the default setting for all of the ships is between 60 and 75 degrees. Here's what the game looks like at 90 degrees;
    snap000-or8.png
    I think I'm gonna tone it back to 80 degrees.

Unrelated, I changed the menu music to WipEout HD's theme. If anybody wants my modified XML and WAD files, feel free to ask. I am also offering the modified BOOT.BIN file for the USA Greatest Hits copy.
    I also ripped some of the concept art wallpapers using a screenshot tool, and converted them to PNG.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I have uploaded some custom replacement files for WipEout Pure.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...VFjNEcwSWpQWDQ

For the USA Greatest Hits version, use either of these files to replace file000270.at3 in Data.wad AND file000005.at3 in FEData.wad. In the Japanese version, use file000240.at3 instead of file000270.at3. And as always, BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FIRST.

I hope you enjoy my selections. The available options are Starlight by Wolfgun, or Future Club by Perturbator.

Timezone
    GMT -3

There's actually a CWCheat that patches the game to 60 FPS. I use the euro version though, cuz more stuff. in the PPSSPP forums there is the cheat, you could try using it in your patch. And I use CSO...so you're doing something wrong.

Timezone
    GMT -6

I edited the BOOT.BIN file in my US copy of Pure to provide 60 FPS, but the videos run too fast (and drop frames). As for actual CWCheat, it just crashes my PSP.
    Last edited by Amaroq Dricaldari; 13th November 2016 at 06:17 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -4
    PSN ID
    R1C47

Really wish there was an improved AI mod for Pure like there is for Pulse.
    Real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by miljoneir View Post
    EDIT: it is beyond my comprehension why the devs did this. I mean wouldn't it have made more sense if the fps were constant 30 in single player, and 60 elsewhere?

I just tried doing zone mode and easily went to 64 when 51 was my absolute maximum on the PSP itself.
    i agree! it was a very strange decision. Time Trial is easier on the CPU yet Single Race was capped at 60 FPS (with A.I. on the track it would be more CPU intensive). in the case of Zone, it might have gotten a 30 FPS cap due to a GPU bottleneck rather than a CPU bottleneck (since they are beautifully rendered) but i'm not sure. it may have been capable of the full 60 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    They used a Constant 30 FPS because of the PSP's slow processor and short battery life at the time, and if they unlocked the framerate... the constant stuttering as the framerate fluctuated would make for a very unpleasant visual experience.
    the question isn't why they used a 30 FPS cap, the question is why they used it for some modes and not for others. Single Race is more intensive than Time Trial yet the former got the 60 FPS cap and the latter got the 30 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq Dricaldari View Post
    I do feel like they could have gotten away with a higher framerate, though... like 48 FPS, since it is almost exactly between 30 and 60... and is still a multiple of the infamous "Cinematic 24 FPS" that moviegoers love so much.
    devs cap games at 20, 30, and 60 as a multiple of the refresh rate of the screen. so if the refresh rate is 60 (which is true for the vast majority of screens in use today) 30 FPS would mean you get a new frame for every other refresh of your screen. it looks smoother than running at a frame rate that is not a multiple of your refresh rate (say 33 FPS or 28 FPS). if you can maintain a solid 48 FPS it might be better to cap it at 60 rather than 30. this decision also depends on how frames are rendered in the game engine. some games work well with a 30 FPS cap while others don't. genre is also a consideration. in the case of racing games, a fluctuating frame rate is a big no no. but it is a lot more acceptable in a third person shooter. and big FPS drops can be acceptable in a strategy game.

a 30 FPS cap that never falters may have been a good idea for WipEout Pure for modes that cannot maintain a consistent 60 FPS. but the mode with likely the most FPS fluctuations was the only mode that kept the 60 FPS cap. very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by r1c47 View Post
    Really wish there was an improved AI mod for Pure like there is for Pulse.
    Real shame.
    i looked into improving the A.I. for Pure but it's not as straight forward as it is for Pulse. i'll probably look at the files again in the future. it should be possible.
    Last edited by applepiejr; 17th May 2017 at 12:30 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6

More work is being done on figuring out the other file formats in the game. Soon, using the tools to make Pulse to work off of, we might even be able to recreate Pure's original file structure.

I am really looking forward to the possibility of just taking all the DLC from all the versions and cramming it into one package, along with the 60 FPS patch for the European version.