Thread: Pure and DLC PAK's - possible way to solve the problem with PSP freeze

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Default Pure and DLC PAK's - possible way to solve the problem with PSP freeze

Hi all,

I started to play Wipeout Pure few weeks ago on my PSP, and i faced problem - some of you might to know... It's about game feezing and console reset on Exostra Run.

Copy the DLC in special order (Gamma -> Delta -> Classic 2 -> Omega) did not work. Game still freeze. So i decided to investigate problem deeper.

After many hours of testing, I've discovered that game have problem with this track because of URBAN packs. We have the PAKs on DLC like Classic, Delta, Gamma, Omega, etc. and we have content with URBAN like UrbanUK, UrbanItaly, UrbanBenelux, etc.
    So - the main idea is - DO NOT INSTALL URBAN PAK's. You can add to game anything but not these.
    You will not have some music - of course - but game will be stable and should stop freeze and reset your PSP.

I've tested it on two PSP's i have (both model 3004 Brite) and game works fine. When i add any URBAN PAK - game hanging console in random time on Exostra Run... again...

It will be nice if some of you test it on your console and check.

And one more thing - installing order does not matter - it means, you can add DLC in any way you like (I've done it by alphabetical order).

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I never had this issue on my PSP after playing this game for years. Make sure your download of the Urban pak was not corrupted? Also check if you can see the music tracks show up in the build-in media player under options.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Huh, I was literally just about to report on this Exostra Run crash, good thing I found this thread.
    I knew that the problem only occurred in the European (aka PAL) copy, but I didn't realize it was because of the Urban Paks! (The music in the Urban Paks isn't really that fitting with WipEout, anyway.)

I'll be sure to test the game without the Urban Paks installed.