Thread: Distance (PS4/Steam)

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Default Distance (PS4/Steam)

So I've recently bought this gem of a racing game on Steam and wonder if anyone else plays it?

Coming to the Ps4 (though I'm not sure when?) and even though it's still an early access game I think it has huge potential.

In in a nutshell it reminds me of Zone but on a randomly generated track.

https://youtu.be/JmZ2LnX1_nY

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

I've been wanting to get this game for a while now, but I have no way of buying it yet. I'll aim to rectify that tomorrow.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I have this game in my wishlist for year and half. I've played something similar, but with much simpler graphics and from some college students. Dunno how it was called.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    Ace3000_42

Nitronic Rush? I have that, pretty good stuff. Distance is made by the same people, IIRC. It is marketed as a spiritual successor to that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ace3000 View Post
    Nitronic Rush? I have that, pretty good stuff. Distance is made by the same people, IIRC. It is marketed as a spiritual successor to that.
    Yeah, Nitronic Rush, I've spend some time with that game like 4-5 years ago.

PSN ID
    xxOBHxx

Never played that but this is its successor. Some tracks are absurdly hard, but I like it a lot.

Honestly, it's not wipeout, and I've only dabbled with the multiplayer, but I'm keen to put some hours into it. If the track editor is imported to the ps4 as well they could have a real star in my opinion.

PSN ID
    TurboTails8027

It's not WipEout, but it's not trying to be. It's closer, as Nitronic Rush is, to San Francisco Rush 2049.

Though someone did make Sol 2 on it.

I have played it a fair bit and yes, it is very good. The official campaign was a bit on the short side the last time I checked but there are loads of community made tracks on the steam workshop and some of them are pretty damn impressive.

Well worth it if you're a fan of arcade racers in general imo.