Thread: If you have a PSP Go you simply have to buy this...

Default If you have a PSP Go you simply have to buy this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2623356719...84.m1555.l2649

I finally managed to snag a few elusive golds that were just impossible previously on the Go due to the shape of the PSP of the machine and Wipeout really feels like a totally new game now as the controls are just so much tighter due to how you hold the console.

Now, back to the Zone

I had that for my PSP Fat, really worth it, even if not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I had that for my PSP Fat, really worth it, even if not optimal.
    Agreed. I can see why they'd design a handheld for looks but the general button placement on the Go makes it next to impossible to get any form of precision or comfort over the long haul. Then again they could have taken the Nvidia Shield approach thats really comfortable but looks fugly so I suppose its hard to please gamers.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

That seems great if you want to keep playing a GO! as a hand held, something I could never get the hang of to play any of the Wipeouts, using the previous PSP's either.

You are better off getting a power cradle for the GO!, and some component out cables to plug into it [proper Sony ones, as I found the cheap knock- off's don't work]
    Then run into into your TV, and mate a PS3 controller to it..... then you have something similar to a mini PS3 console to play Pure & Pulse on.

I was doing this till I upgraded this set up to a PSTV running the same way, except now via HDMI, the added power of the VITA chip and the high HDMI spec'd cable sure makes a big difference to the PSP games, plus using a hack to the PSTV I can also play 2048 like this.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 4th April 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    That seems great if you want to keep playing a GO! as a hand held, something I could never get the hang of to play any of the Wipeouts, using the previous PSP's either.

You are better off getting a power cradle for the GO!, and some component out cables to plug into it [proper Sony ones, as I found the cheap knock- off's don't work]
    Then run into into your TV, and mate a PS3 controller to it..... then you have something similar to a mini PS3 console to play Pure & Pulse on.

I was doing this till I upgraded this set up to a PSTV running the same way, except now via HDMI, the added power of the VITA chip and the high HDMI spec'd cable sure makes a big difference to the PSP games, plus using a hack to the PSTV I can also play 2048 like this.
    I would love to do that as the control on the PSP as it is is pretty crap due to its design, hence why I rave about the grips, and I believe these titles need the proper controller and full screen experience for maximum benefit but IIRC the Go (and all PSPs) only output a tiny picture that sits in the middle of the screen as it doesn't upscale:

That always put me off as I dislike all that wasted real estate and letterbox images.

Does the PSTV output in full screen as you can pick them up for pennies at the moment and I may just invest. The alternative I was looking at was a Nvidia TV box and running PPSSPP on that as it apparently boosts the picture quality through the roof and is supposed to be super smooth.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

The PSTV outputs full screen.

See this post a I made a while back with some photos
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...pure+and+pulse

The way around getting full screen using the GO! is to go into your TV's menu and look for aspect ratio, or something similar, most TV's now days give you the option to zoom the picture in, which will get the GO!'s picture pretty close to full screen

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    miaplayin

PSTV seems to be the best option, even more sitting next to a PS3 : adhoc party, dualshock controller and the pulse mirage pack that can only be downloaded from a ps3.
    Looks like the easiest way to play online on a big screen, i'm doing tests with ppsspp online options, no success so far...
    The psp go analog stick use the same pinout as the vita analog stick. I'm a d'pad player but i've ordered one to experiment with (plug and play, same zif connector) as i do have a psp go with bridged fuses that i could "frankeistein" into a more confortable device. Since i own the PsP Go i do have to change the controls layout in game option frequently to avoid fingers pain.

An heavy mod, the user was looking for dual triggers and dual analog sticks for ps3 remote play, lots of pics :
    http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=41526.0

Here's a video of the vita analog stick on the PsP Go :
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z64UtIjHMTk
    Last edited by miaplayin; 7th April 2016 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Added links

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Actually there is another way to get the Pulse DLC.

Download Sony's Media GO! software onto your PC, you can then download it straight from the PStore onto your PC, then transfer it to any device you have registered with the Media GO! software.
    The files are so small, I have all my computers set up like this, all with the PURE & PULSE games + DLC and Media GO!, easy for me to just un-register a PSP console or PSTV, and register a new one to transfer the games and DLC for somebody else onto a new different one, on the understanding that if it was to be connected online they would probably lose everything....it more a local service for Wipeout tragics.