Thread: Steam controller gyro-steer setup

PSN ID
    subtotal

Default Steam controller gyro-steer setup

Just wondering how many use a steam controller or intend to for FF?
    If you do own one you will know how vast the options and settings are! 🤓
    I've had a chance to start configurating mine, so I've set up the basics for gyro-steer with touch accelerator and no joystick

I'm really pleased with this set up and how well it's working for the steering and now I'm tuning it

Anyone got any free advice on the art of steam controller setup for FF ?

Timezone
    GMT -8

Hi Subtotal

We are going to be looking at controllers a little later on. Please keep us updated on how far you get with the Steam Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by subtotal View Post
    Just wondering how many use a steam controller or intend to for FF?
    If you do own one you will know how vast the options and settings are! 🤓
    I've had a chance to start configurating mine, so I've set up the basics for gyro-steer with touch accelerator and no joystick

I'm really pleased with this set up and how well it's working for the steering and now I'm tuning it

Anyone got any free advice on the art of steam controller setup for FF ?

PSN ID
    subtotal

Brilliant thanks,
    Ive got a configuration mapped and exported but it won't let me upload it to steam community, it says I can't upload the config until I've used it for an hour - but I've used it for way longer than an hour

Timezone
    GMT -8

Good luck with that Sub

If we could get hold of a Valve person, in person, that would be a start ;-)

Brilliant thanks,
    Ive got a configuration mapped and exported but it won't let me upload it to steam community, it says I can't upload the config until I've used it for an hour - but I've used it for way longer than an hour

PSN ID
    subtotal

Yes it's probably worth me speaking to someone at steam, unfortunately I've had my FF steam config drop off the controller quite regularly (in between games) - dead to the extent that even the steam button doesnt work and the only way I can get it all working again is to restart the PC ?!

I've not had this happen yet with config's on other games.

Closing steam and then restarting it doesn't reset it which seems odd?!

Although I must say, when the controller is working properly -it works really well

Edit: 1:43pm 23/02
    I've opened a thread on the FF steam forum about the issue now

Edit: 3:50pm 23/02
    Solution to my previously reported problem,
    It seems the problem is steams big picture mode, this mode allows you to configure the controller and up until now I was only using this mode as I was tweaking the controller constantly.

Today however I have been play testing FF using the normal steam dashboard, my saved gyro configuration loaded onto the controller automatically and stayed on there all the time, working without fault or disappearing
    😃
    Last edited by subtotal; 23rd February 2016 at 02:52 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Sorry for delay in replying Subtotal - thanks for that - glad you found a partial solution - good to know and hopefully fix at some point in the future.

Yes it's probably worth me speaking to someone at steam, unfortunately I've had my FF steam config drop off the controller quite regularly (in between games) - dead to the extent that even the steam button doesnt work and the only way I can get it all working again is to restart the PC ?!

I've not had this happen yet with config's on other games.

Closing steam and then restarting it doesn't reset it which seems odd?!

Although I must say, when the controller is working properly -it works really well

Edit: 1:43pm 23/02
    I've opened a thread on the FF steam forum about the issue now

Edit: 3:50pm 23/02
    Solution to my previously reported problem,
    It seems the problem is steams big picture mode, this mode allows you to configure the controller and up until now I was only using this mode as I was tweaking the controller constantly.

Today however I have been play testing FF using the normal steam dashboard, my saved gyro configuration loaded onto the controller automatically and stayed on there all the time, working without fault or disappearing
    😃