Thread: Sony screws PS+ subscribers without notice ???

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Sony screws PS+ subscribers without notice ???

I visit the PStrophies forum and read the heads up post on what will be released as the free games each month for PS+ subscribers, before they are actually put up at the store.

They gave the list for Jan 2016.
    Dragon Age: Origins, PS3
    Grim Fandango Remastered, PS4, PS Vita
    Hardware: Rivals, PS4
    Legends of War Patton, PS Vita
    Medal of Honor Warfighter, PS3
    Nihilumbra, PS Vita

Now because tomorrow is a public holiday, and that I imagined that the people at the UK PStore didn't want to be stuffing around with this stuff on New Years Eve, I guessed they might of uploaded it to the UK PStore a bit early....I was correct.
    Because I'm 11 hours ahead of the UK, but have to access the UK store due to regional similarities, I got to see this stuff available now [ and can download it now]

Here's the shocker, I appears from me viewing this stuff twice with both my PS3 [where all the new P3 and VITA content is showing ATM ], and checking twice via my PS4 [only last month free PS4 titles are showing] that the ONLY free game PS+ subscribers will now get, will be for the PS4.

All the games listed for the PS3/VITA in the PS+ section now have a price attached to them.

When I checked the second time [both via PS3 and PS4], I went to the PS+ subscribe page both times.
    Both NOW only mention that subscribers will receive 24 free PS4 titles per year, no mention of PS3/VITA games.....I guess support for the PS3 will be phased out shortly.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Sony has re invented the way they do the PS+...without notice....as I suspected.

Previously, if you logged in to the PSN via either a PS3 or PS4 , you would, when visiting the PS+ section of the store, be given a list of ALL available tiles for ALL Consoles.
    This is no longer the case.

The new regime seems to be that ONLY the free PS+ games you will see when logging into the PS+ section of the PStore, will be for the particular console you are using at the time.
    Viewing the PS+ section of the PStore, via a PS4 no longer shows any free games for the PS3 or VITA, same situation when accessing the PStore via the other consoles.

When I checked the PS+ terms/ conditions for the PS3/VITA and saw it had changed to not mentioning anything....alarm bells rang.

I'm partially correct in what's happening, ... it just hasn't happened quite as expected.....SONY are being extra sneaky with these changes.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

if true, really phucked up!!!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

No wonder l was confused then and now l know. Basturds!

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I don't know where to put it, this seemed like the most similar thing. It's about PSP.
    So I've read that Sony is stopping the production of any physical discs by the end of this March. The offerings of PSP titles will be only while supplies last. After that the production will be stopped and the game will be hidden - not availiable for purchase (from official distributors).

R.I.P.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

You mean Vita?

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1

What? No, I mean PSP, the original PSP.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Ah, understood, not touched psp for a long time but I used Vita nearly everyday.

Thank you for clearing that up.

stevie