Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wipeout (the music) - rare stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by camroncamera View Post
    Thank you so much for your leads! However, I have not been able to get the image to make available any recognizable audio files. I've explored the emu technique as well as burning an iso to disc but it really boils down to I don't know what I'm doing

I'll try to be more specific as to the audio defects I can hear:

"Planet 9" - At 1:00 into the song, there is a sudden burst of noise like "static", on the left channel only. It is only momentary (1/10th second or so) and it is clearly a defect and not part of the song's composition. At 3:24, another slightly shorter and slightly quieter burst of noise occurs, again, left channel only. The music does not skip or change time at either occurrence.

"Poison" - at 3:33, there is a slight low-frequency blip (you guessed it - left channel only) and is barely even worth mentioning. I can barely hear it with headphones and I would no doubt have not even noticed were it not for the more obvious dropouts on "Planet 9" that caused me to carefully QC the exclusive PC Music tracks for which I purchased the game disc.

Sorry to be such a QC nerd here. I've been on a mission to collect as much Wipe'Out" music as I can get hold of and I've already been burned by the second release of "Wip3out: The Music" which was chock-full of digital dropouts on my two factory pressings (see discussion here: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthr...t=3120&page=14 )

Thanks again everyone!
    That's very strange, because usually when a CD is defective it doesn't make the same "messing up" noises each time you play it, usually it does somthing different every time. The ISO that's up there should work with just about any burning program, What I did was burn it with Nero, and pop it back into my computer when iTunes was running, and all the songs on the CD came up on there, but, you could just put it into your CD player and play anything besides track 1 and it should work.

And also, I got some questions about "Various - Wip3out - The Music", because up untill now I didn't even know about it lol. I've been looking around and the people that are uploading it only have 1 track. Is that the way it is on the cd? just 1 big track? and do you still have the version with the chemical brothers track in it, because the person that uploaded it to you on the other forum, the link expired =/

Timezone
    GMT -8

Wip3out: The Music is one continuous track; the songs are not separated but rather "megamixed" together on the CD. Individual songs are not selectable.

I took another stab at the iso, and this time I figured it out! Thanks!! But guess what, those same defects/dropouts are in the same places of those songs! Oh well, now I know for sure!

Can you tell me if this version is UK/Europe (PAL) or USA (NTSC)?

Can you tell me if this version is UK/Europe (PAL) or USA (NTSC)?[/QUOTE]

I think it's the US version. That's very strange, it works totally fine for me. It must be what you're playing it on? that's my only guess lol

and it might be a stretch of me to ask you this, but could you send me that Wip3out - The Music CD? lol I'm interested to see what it's all about
    Last edited by Lance; 9th April 2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed. Please read and follow the guidelines posted in the announcements section.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Yeah the Saturn music plays just fine. It looks to me that the dropouts I'm hearing are in the mastering, not the media. It's on both my UK Saturn Disc and the iso I just burned. I'm pretty confident you can hear it too... cue "Planet 9" up to the times marked and listen carefully... blink (with your ears) and you'll miss it

Anyway, thanks so much for helping me solve this mystery!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by camroncamera View Post
    "Planet 9" - At 1:00 into the song, there is a sudden burst of noise like "static", on the left channel only. It is only momentary (1/10th second or so) and it is clearly a defect and not part of the song's composition. At 3:24, another slightly shorter and slightly quieter burst of noise occurs, again, left channel only. The music does not skip or change time at either occurrence.
    This is due to the source music. They used vinyls on some of there samples in Planet 9, and those are just pops on the record. I edited them out unnoticeably if you want an mp3 of it.

Timezone
    GMT -8

I imported the tracks into Audacity and edited out the glitches myself. At a few points I too can hear some vinyl crackle, but the big hits I hear don't seem to be vinyl noise. Anyway, they sound good now. Thanks for everyone's input!

PSN ID
    Aero-R

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rush View Post
    Hmm, I don't remember hearing anything like that when I listened to them, but let me just say that I'm not a fan of those tracks lol. After a while of hunting and finally finding them, I listened to them and they didn't sound like anything I expected, so I was kinda let down =/

But anyway, back to the sound problem....

Here's an ISO of the original game with the extra songs. Burn it or mount it and play it in a CD player or something and see if you experience the same problems. Since you actually bought the game (which I think everyone on this forum has anyways in some version or another lol) I don't think it would be illegal to compare this to yours.

ftp://89.149.202.120/Sega%20Saturn/W...U)(Saturn).zip

if the direct link doesn't work try this:

http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/439/...ipeout_(U).php
    I wanted to thank you Silver Rush. Those .ISO in that site will help me to do a FLAC 24/96 KHz recording of the different audio of each game.

Until the momento I only had a recording of the Sega Saturn and Playstation versions of wip'Eout'', and the sound of wip'Eout'' 64. Now I'll complete it with the time. As soon as I've finished recordings I'll post them because there are not ways in which we could support the artists by buying the old music CDs since they are no longer in stock, just being sold as used ones, so I guess this wouldn't hurt anybody.

If anybody is interested on the wip'Eout'' 64 sound: http://wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthr...638#post128638
    Last edited by Aero-R; 4th June 2009 at 06:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

I have the soundtracks to most of the games. It contains the soundtrack to each game. It was a great find. I dunno if I can find the link again though.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    SomeWhiteNoise

http://www.youtube.com/user/HSH85?blend=2&ob=1
    This guy has every Wipeout song there is, with a few exceptions. He is, however, missing those elusive Saturn exclusive songs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjtHtUmGTpQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq6P8Gs8CPM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOO8teCSy4
    Brickbat, Planet 9, and Poison respectively. They still have those recording blips though.
    If you can't find something, try future2097's channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/future2097
    He completes the holes that HSH85 has left in his PS1 soundtrack collection.
    Last edited by Slacker; 6th July 2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: pfargtl

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

Nicely done. Thanks for the links.

PSN ID
    spacemunky

was just playing some Wipeout and thought i would just post on here that the music is AMAZING and so ahead of its time for videogames.
    I had no idea the cd played the tracks in a cd player! I will have to find my copy (ive been playing the psn version)

Wipeout music FTW

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    SonicChaosX

It is FTW indeed. It's nice to have the original on the PSN but it may drive people away from HD due to the difficulty of it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Revive!!!!!!!

Help! I need to see the WipEout ad starring Sara Cox and the T-shirt, and all links in this thread have died.

Anybody still have the scan laying around?

EDIT: the ad referred to here is visible on Damon Fairclough's site here, about 3/4 down the page:
    http://www.noiseheatpower.com/wipeout.htm

I'd still really, really love a scan. Anybody?
    Last edited by Medusa; 25th July 2011 at 05:01 PM.

PSN ID
    q_dmc12

I found this, does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    For reference, here's the all-time record for necroposting.

[/offtopic]
    Heyy!
    Last edited by q_dmc12; 26th July 2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: thanks alot Rory :P

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Heheheh

Thanks!! That's perfect! (Apparently my search skills are zero.)