Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: European Wipeout Convention 2016

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Didn't we say late june early july somewhere?
    Location works for me

Merry christmas to yourself (and others reading this) as well

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

Merry christmas .I think you can count me in,if the convention would be in Paris i come whit my family

Greetings Marcus

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Put me down as maybe, because my wife just booked a holiday of a lifetime in Disney World in Florida!

stevie :O

My friend went to the one in Amsterdam in 2011 and said it was great! I've been meaning to visit him next year as he's just moved to Amsterdam, so if we had it there I could drag him along too.

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

Paris you say? might be down for that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I might hop in as well. A shame that i didnt know abput these events earlier, especially the one in 2012 in frankfurt Oo

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Okay, so June to July is favored.
    Places?
    • Paris, FR: we yet would have to find someone who could manage a convention there. I have my doubts about that, but would join in.
      = 2 potential contenders: terra-wrists, Kappeskopp!
    • Amsterdam, NL: that could be halfway managed by Mad-Ice as he's living in the suburban area. We never had a room/apartment for doing HD races there; even Heerhugowaard we were short on monitors.
      = 3 potential contenders: Varsh, stinkleroy, Red_Ricky
    • Frankfurt, DE: well, I have the apartment for doing HD races (those who joined 2009 and 2012: my new apartment is bigger) and could provide retro gaming as well (PS2, PSX along with NegCon, Saturn).
      = 5 potential contenders: xI-eI2aiiZZa-Ix, Flint Fandango, Rennfisch, Jonny, zero3growlithe
    I haven't listed those who're okay with every location (i.e. like me or Mad-Ice). How about those people being unsure in the first place? Does this list help you making a decision?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'm fine with all of them as well
    Amsterdam is closer, but the other 2 will just be a 4 hour drive i guess, just gotta turn some music on and gooooo

I could probably bring 1 TV along, 1PS3 Console, a PS Vita TV with 2048, 3 controllers (2 of which have some air brake button problems tho), could bring my JBL Creature II Speakers as well (works fine for a normal sized room) if requested, works with a simple 3.5mm jack, so iPods, Laptops,... should all be connectable ^^
    Also bringing my camera/tripod along for filming/pictures ^^

As for time, preferably near the end of June or later, as early June i'm probably still having exams
    (And preferable not end july either, because i'll have to prepare for my exchange program starting in August)

But in the end it depends what works best for the others

Cipher

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Im good with all of them, but I know my way around Amsterdam better. Also, depending on when it is, I may already be over there. Can just extend my stay. Im over for Defqon1, I could travel from that if its not during it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I'm also interested. Amsterdam would be the easiest for me. I could bring my debug PS3 and we could have a little competition who will reach the highest zone in the original epileptic zone mode, if there is any interest. I have the preview version from March 2008. I also have a super early demo from Leipzig 2007. Could be interesting perhaps. July suits me best.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by multibodydynamics View Post
    my debug PS3
    original epileptic zone mode
    preview version from March 2008
    super early demo from Leipzig 2007
    Now this is clearly something I'm damn interested in to see! I remember a short demo video of previous zone visuals. The idea of having a zone competition under these condition also sound good to me - now isn't that thrilling everyone to come along?

Every TV and PS3 is welcome - the more, the better. Also I have room enough to let 6 more people sleep in my apartment, but you have to bring yourself a sleeping bag (and preferably something soft to lie on) - so those of you being short on money can save hostel/hotel costs. Hell, even my balcony is long enough for 4 more dudes who want to sleep outside.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Haha, balcony camping? i'm down for that XD
    I could bring an inflatable mattress as well (maybe multiple if requested) ^^

That's assuming Frankfurt works for everyone though, maybe we should put up a poll?

@Multibody How'd you get ahold of those? And i'm curious, i have the Wipeout HD Press Kit, does that one have the pre-release zone mode as well? (I've been searching for an affordable debug PS3, but have been unlucky so far, haven't been able to try it yet), Definitely interested in seeing these though!

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

No, the press kit contains the final version of Wipeout HD.
    This preview disc on the other hand contains 8 ships, 4 tracks and original zone mode. It only works on a debug unit.

Wipeout HD preview disc_2.jpg
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 12th January 2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Trying to insert picture...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Aah i see, thanks for the heads up, were they handed out at a convention or are they insider thingies or something? Never actually seen the demo nor preview version anywhere o_O
    (The attachment system failed you by the way )

Cipher

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

^^ I think I was able to insert a picture now...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Totally going off topic, but whoaaaa!!!! How'd you get ahold of that!! So jellyyyyyyyyy!! XD
    Majestic little piece there x)

Cipher

PSN ID
    DIXI200

Hello everyone, sorry but it turns an idea and I have to draw something .. something funny

VIGok.jpg

For the Amsterdam one I'll most likely be staying at my friend's place, though I'll certainly be able to bring my Vita and PS TV, they're small enough so no problem there.

June/July sounds like a good time, I'll have to see whether my friend has any plans or not.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Awesome Fabione!

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Great one! FEISAR surely knows how to draw attention away from their not-so-great craft to boobs in action.
    I'm unable to identify all the players, but in doubt I'm the one just missing the best part.