PDA

View Full Version : WipEout in LittleBigPlanet

AGgamer
21st May 2015, 02:16 AM
So I've been making levels in the LittleBigPlanet games for about 6 years now and I finally decided to get around to making this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqdes7900Y

Obviously it's not done, but's basic logic mapping is done. And yes, that's supposed to be Cold Comfort in the background (I'm trying my best to replicate it into a LBP music sequencer so I can use it as in-game soundtrack). I think it's amazing how much you can do in LittleBigPlanet. :D

vincoof
21st May 2015, 07:52 AM
It looks like a combination between wipEout and Micro Machines, two racing games that I love. Good work!

Hybrid Divide
21st May 2015, 04:02 PM
Wow! Well done! And I bet Tim Wright would approve of the remix of Cold Comfort, too! (Any way you can make an MP3 of that? :D )

Were the speed and weapon pads encoded into the game? Or did you do that somehow?

AGgamer
21st May 2015, 06:26 PM
The speed and weapon pads are not pre-made objects so I had to build them myself. The speed pads where easy because all I needed to do is whenever the ship's hit box touches one it receives a speed boost. The weapon pads however took a whole day to program.

I'll see what I can do about uploading my remix of Cold Comfort once it's done. :)

Edit: I also am demonstrating CPU controlled ships here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-FMcjeyQc
They can use all the weapons except for Autopilot because... well it's kinda useless to them.

Hybrid Divide
22nd May 2015, 09:40 PM
Niiiice! Are you planning to do other classic teams, too? (Qirex, AG-Sys, etc)

AGgamer
22nd May 2015, 10:48 PM
Yes! Of course! I am also considering the inclusion of Goteki, Assegai, and Icaras but I probably wont bother. I may also have a selectable alt skin for the craft, one for each of the two pilots per team, but this is also unlikely.

Update! All weapons are now fully operational!
Weapons included: Proton cannon, Triple rockets, Missile, Electro bolt, Plasma, Turbo, Shield, Autopilot, mines, bomb,

Cut weapons :( Quake disruptor (couldn't get it to work properly), Sheriken (ditto), Repulsor (to complicated, lags game)

CPU ships are now fully functional!

stinkleroy
23rd May 2015, 12:13 PM
Wow, this looks awesome. Is this LBP 3? I have the PS3 version and have problems getting online but will try this if I can, and your other levels too.

Good work :)

AGgamer
23rd May 2015, 04:44 PM
I'm actually building it in LBP2 at the moment, I then run it on LBP3 for PS4 so I can capture the footage. :redface: Once I feel it's advanced enough I will transition on to LBP3 and overhaul It. I'm going to try and recreate all the WipEout 2097 tracks into the game, and posibly add a few unique ones of my own. Thanks to LBP3's Questline function, I can have alot of selectable tracks and unlocks.

blackwiggle
24th May 2015, 02:08 AM
Have you published this level yet?
I'd be careful that the powers that be don't consider your level of copyright breach, I remember somebody at this forum making a version of Chenghou and having it removed for this reason, same thing happened when they made it in Mod Nation.
Seeing that it's top down you should be OK.
I was in the process of making a WO LBP track with PPp-killer and Evert a few years back when the above happened, we canned that idea shortly afterwards, I lost interest, it ended up being PPp-killers 3D karts level [boy oh boy, you should have seen what a mess that level was in create till Evert came in a streamlined a lot of overcomplicated contraptions ]
http://www.yourepeat.com/g/ppp_killer

AGgamer
24th May 2015, 03:21 AM
For the most part, copyright really isn't an issue on LBP. There are millions of Super Mario levels out there, and about a couple hundred WipEout levels (most crappy but still). There is even copyrighted material in Team Picks (which is the dev team behind LBP picking their favorite levels they have found and promoting them). Theres just too many to enforce copyright, and frankly, in a game where you can make anything I don't think they care.

Besides there is a WipEout HD costume and sticker kit in LBP. Directly encouraging players to make levels with WipEout themed content. So yeah, if this was a seperate game of it's own (like Slipstream GX or Ballistic NG) it would be copyright breaching making the project dangeorus. But this is LBP, it is essentially immune to copyright.

AGgamer
25th May 2015, 06:24 AM
I've added a lot of new features and have optimized existing assets. CPUs are smarter, there is a lap counter, ships can be destroyed, and there is a timer. I also built a new track, based on Talon's Reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBuGDI2bze8
I made the track longer because it was too short.

AGgamer
27th May 2015, 11:41 PM
You can now play test this on my Earth! Talon's reach is complete and is fully decorated. The test race is 5 laps Rapier class. The level is located on the bottom of my Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyrMYUrfA4

Hybrid Divide
28th May 2015, 04:02 PM
Impressive!