PDA

View Full Version : Five nights at Freddy's, new game taking world by storm!

Snakenator1
18th August 2014, 04:40 PM
Have you guys seen this!! This game is terrifying!
Five Nights at Freddy's is a new Indie horror game that came from a one man development team is being rated as the one of the scariest games of all time. I can personally see why.

It goes as you play as a new night guard at "Freddy Fazbears pizza" and you start your first week on the job, however at night time the animatronic mascots start to wander the restaurant. This activates your simple goal:
-STAY ALIVE FROM 12AM TILL 6AM!!!

You must constantly check the security cameras and your doors to make sure the mascots do not reach you and kill you. While you can seal yourself in the room if they get to close, however your power supply is limited and if it runs out its pretty much game over.
The game therefore throws you into a balancing act of checking the cameras to monitor the activity of the animatronic mascots and checking your doors and closing them if the mascots get to close, the atmosphere is horrifying and the levels of Paranoia are brilliant.

I've tried this game at a friends recently, I made it to night three, the first few moments of the game were okay but then I gave up because it became so scary I ACTUALLY CRIED ;_;
I'll let you guys see for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOztnsBPrAA&index=32&list=PL3tRBEVW0hiD_PUOZqB5n_wvKPHhW5r58

Hellfire_WZ
18th August 2014, 05:28 PM
Oh god, I was watching Markiplier's videos on this only yesterday! This is an example of jump scares done right, the atmosphere is so tense that it just amplifies it when it eventually happens.

His second and third videos I reckon are the best indicators of what it can really get like later on.

Snakenator1
18th August 2014, 05:37 PM
The 4th video though! I was drinking a cup of tea when a jump scare happened ;_; you can see how that ended.
Its nothing but pure horror and paranoia, I can say that I've played this game and will never likely play it again :P

The fact that you can't move means your fight or flight reaction is impaired because you can't do either, It makes me feel so uncomfortable. This by far the scariest game I've played, its the only one that has ever made me cry (literally)

Also glad to see you like Markiplier Charlie ^_^

ND-2-SPD
18th August 2014, 09:25 PM
I saw the thumbnail and I was like 'NOPE'.

Knux_Chaotix
19th August 2014, 06:50 PM
"Im tempted to try this. Should I???"

Dear past self, Curiosity will be the death of you, or in this case Freddy...

So I bought it, I played it... Nope, so full of nope it hurts. Terrifying dosnt even cover it. Can fully relate to crying while trying to play. Didnt make it through the 3rd night. its been a very long time since a game has scared me like that. Its bloody fantastic, but jeso, not something you want to play along in a dark room. The level of anxiety it creates is intense!! Watched a couple of youtubers play too, even watching it is horrendous. Despite the fear factor, anxiety and tears, I really enjoyed playing it lol. I do love a good scare!!!

Knux_Chaotix
11th November 2014, 09:20 AM
So this popped up this morning... FNAF2 is out in full. I've bought it, havnt played it yet but lord knows I will before the end of this week. I've managed to have very little spoiled so far so this should be a laugh. If I can get it working, I'll hopefully have a Lets Play or a reaction video up soon enough.

Anyone else buying it? Or am I a glutton for punishment? XDD

Snakenator1
11th November 2014, 01:01 PM
Getting it soon, it will be awesome :D

Saramica12
13th November 2014, 05:42 PM
My God, the jumpscares, while watching the Gameplay Videos in YouTube, were so damn HIGH.
Seriously, this game is really scary!

Snakenator1
13th November 2014, 06:18 PM
I'm playing the second game and I'm on the fifth night, its so dam brutal the difficulty :P
But I love it :D

Also its a prequel!! never expected that

Saramica12
13th November 2014, 06:31 PM
Lucky you! XP

Oh, for me too! :o

Light Buster
13th November 2014, 06:44 PM
This game will fuel nightmares for days.

XxSuperRyugaxX
13th November 2014, 07:43 PM
I love this game. I found it from Markiplier too :P it so scary, damn!
I completed all nights, included the 6th, I'm trying to beat the 7th at 20/20/20/20 but it's too hard for me :(

Snakenator1
13th November 2014, 09:37 PM
I only have the first game on android and 4/20 mode is impossible on that version, the play dead mechanic to get the longer song doesn't work so I'll always get the short song. That literally makes it impossible on android :|

FNAF 2 OH MY GOD!! ITS SO UNFORGIVING!

You get milliseconds to stop the old anamatronics, seriously, longer than 1 second and your dead no matter what. Night 5 is a nightmare for me :P

Knux_Chaotix
14th November 2014, 12:09 AM
My god, everyones so much further on than me. Done Night 1 and dying on Night 2. I've cried more playing this one too XDD That game is fantastic!!! Worst / creepiest anamatronic for everyone??

Snakenator1
14th November 2014, 10:31 AM
Mangle is the creepiest for me because of its radio interference, and especially when it just hangs from the ceiling in the office.

Snake: Mangle! What'cha doin up there?!
Mangle: Oh you know just hangin till I kill you.

Saramica12
14th November 2014, 03:36 PM
I agree with you @Knux_Chaotix! Is friggin' scary! ;-;

Snakenator1
14th November 2014, 09:46 PM
AR, AR, AR, AR, AR, AR, AR, AR, ARRRRGH! ME MA, MA, MA, MA, MATEYS!!

RU, RU, RU, RU, RU, RU, RULE BREAKERS BE WALKIN, WALKIN, WALKIN, WALKING THE, THE, THE, THE, THE PLANK!!!!

*Chases down Knux and Saramica*
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Saramica12
15th November 2014, 09:12 AM
-Scream!- Aaahhh! Close the door close the door! Fuuuuuuuuu- Dx

Snakenator1
15th November 2014, 10:38 AM
*Bangs on door several times*

But I, I, I, I, just Wanted a, a, a, a, a, hug

*walks back to pirates cove crying*

Saramica12
15th November 2014, 11:05 AM
Phew! ;-; -Breaths heavily-
Hugs better without jumpscares please! XP
We're safe! XD

Knux_Chaotix
15th November 2014, 03:30 PM
*falls to the floor, curls up in a ball and cries*

I dont know if Im going to get this finished any time soon. At the stage of needing to lock my laptop in other rooms after I've played it XDD I cannot deal with Balloon Boy, that smile... "Hello"... NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!!! That and the bloody puppet. I dont mine Mangle so much, it dosnt seem to get up in my face too often. Aaaaaand I've probably jinxed myself...

Saramica12
15th November 2014, 03:57 PM
-Cries too next to you-
My God! THAT "KID"! DX
Well, at all only Five days and six hours each...what could possibly go wrong? Right? RIGHT? ;-;

Snakenator1
15th November 2014, 08:04 PM
My girlfriend managed to beat night 5 and I couldn't, she's been rubbing it in my face :P

Onto Night 6 and meet Golden Freddy heh heh......heh............heh....................... ..

I'm not ready for golden Freddy :?

Saramica12
15th November 2014, 09:49 PM
HA! I'm not ready for everyone of them, let's say that! XD

XxSuperRyugaxX
17th November 2014, 12:50 PM
I have FNaF 2 too! Damn, it's HARDER, very harder, and so scary! When the animatronics will appear in your room you don't know if they'll kill you! You have to be so fast at putting mask D:
I done Night 5 and I'm trying Night 6, arrived until 3 AM then.. god.. Golden Freddy!? I wasn't ready for that!!

And guys, did you try to let music box finish? I tried.. what the hell is this Muppet? Where did he come from!? D:

Knux_Chaotix
17th November 2014, 02:11 PM
It ran out on me once... And I REFUSE to let that happen again. Creepy little git that Puppet thing is. Im trying to find more story around that thing. I dont think anyone is prepared for Golden Freddy, he's about 100 shades of hell no!!!

Snakenator1
18th November 2014, 05:11 PM
Prior warning if any of you are gonna try night 6, Golden Freddy has two ways of killing you! yes he has two kill methods:

1. Instantly appears in the office, fail to react = death
2. Floating head in the hallway = death

However I discovered the methods of how to stop him when I tried night 6

1. If he appears in the office, put the Freddy mask on IMMEDIATELY! the reaction time window is even shorter than the old animatronics, example of what I mean:
If you have 0.5 seconds to react to Old Freddy, Bonnie and Chica. Golden Freddy you have 0.25 seconds to react
Note however Golden Freddy will fade away very quickly after he has appeared in the office so it can be easy to miss him and die, to deal with this: once you're finished with the camera, bump the mouse twice where the Freddy mask icon will be as fast as you can (this will close the camera and bring up the mask very quickly which also helps stop the old animatronics)

2. If he appears in the hallway TURN OFF THE FLASHLIGHT IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON FOR A FEW SECONDS!!
If you have the flashlight shine on his head for like 1 second = death
Keep the light off for a few seconds and do a quick flash of light, if the head is no longer there then you're safe. If its still there turn the flashlight off straight away. Rinse and repeat until he is gone from the hallway.

Hope that helps anyone here about to try night 6, Golden Freddy will be a massive pain but I found how to stop him through trial and error for you lot.
My record for night 6 is 3 am currently (curse you BB and Foxy)
I will do this and I will not give up :D

XxSuperRyugaxX
19th November 2014, 01:49 PM
Prior warning if any of you are gonna try night 6, Golden Freddy has two ways of killing you! yes he has two kill methods:

1. Instantly appears in the office, fail to react = death
2. Floating head in the hallway = death

However I discovered the methods of how to stop him when I tried night 6

1. If he appears in the office, put the Freddy mask on IMMEDIATELY! the reaction time window is even shorter than the old animatronics, example of what I mean:
If you have 0.5 seconds to react to Old Freddy, Bonnie and Chica. Golden Freddy you have 0.25 seconds to react
Note however Golden Freddy will fade away very quickly after he has appeared in the office so it can be easy to miss him and die, to deal with this: once you're finished with the camera, bump the mouse twice where the Freddy mask icon will be as fast as you can (this will close the camera and bring up the mask very quickly which also helps stop the old animatronics)

2. If he appears in the hallway TURN OFF THE FLASHLIGHT IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT TURN IT BACK ON FOR A FEW SECONDS!!
If you have the flashlight shine on his head for like 1 second = death
Keep the light off for a few seconds and do a quick flash of light, if the head is no longer there then you're safe. If its still there turn the flashlight off straight away. Rinse and repeat until he is gone from the hallway.

Hope that helps anyone here about to try night 6, Golden Freddy will be a massive pain but I found how to stop him through trial and error for you lot.
My record for night 6 is 3 am currently (curse you BB and Foxy)
I will do this and I will not give up :D

Yeah that's an amazing idea for stop that B*tch!
I arrived TWO times at 5 AM, I always put the Freddy Mask immediately after I close the camera but yeah, I failed two times on doing this and both times there was old Bonnie waiting for me :|

Knux_Chaotix
19th November 2014, 05:19 PM
Does anyone else think there are points where Mangle looks like he's waiting on a reaction from telling a really bad joke??

Rapier Racer
26th November 2014, 09:30 PM
I like mangle, the way he just hangs around with that big open gob! But Foxy has to be my favourite. Currently trying to beat night 6, can't get past 3am, golden Freddy hasn't been an issue so far seeing as Foxy and Chica have got me every time!

Snakenator1
26th November 2014, 09:47 PM
I looked into it and actually discovered something :0

In the first few hours when FNAF 2 was released the very first version of it (1.0) Foxy was nearly unbeatable due to his AI settings, Scott programmed him to appear so frequently and his counter timer so low that it was almost impossible to stop him if he appeared. Soon after he got emails stating the problem so Scott released an update to patch Foxy's AI and tone down his difficulty level to make the game easier (so he says).

Problem is he couldn't fully patch the problem so there is still a remnant of Foxy's AI coding that contains the original settings of being so hard (even if you set him to 0 on custom night he is very active) this is why Foxy is the most active enemy in the game. Thus this makes Night 6 a big pain since he becomes a giant douche :P

I've had two runs reaching 5 am. FREAKING 5AM!!!!! but guess who wrecks my attempts, 90% of my deaths on night 6 are because of Foxy :evil

Rapier Racer
27th November 2014, 12:11 PM
I bet the patch was a half assed one on purpose to keep the edge on the night 6..like it needs it with the golden boy on the loose he got me last night as I gave it another go, so little time..

Snakenator1
8th December 2014, 07:04 PM
Literally just made this up since I'm good at improvising and a very sad person:

12 Foxy's running
11 door's a closin
10 BB's laughing
9 puppets sleeping
8 Bonnie's strummin
7 Chica's eating
6 Mike's a screamin
5 phone guy's dyin
4 Freddy's screeching
3 Mangle's climbing
2 lights a flickering
AND A PAYCHECK UNDER THE TREE!!

Knux_Chaotix
9th December 2014, 09:13 AM
Rumours of a 3rd game apparently confirmed btw. If you go on Scotts website on the black "offline" screen, you need to go save it somewhere, change the contrast or something and there is a 3 in the bottom right corner. What do you think the 3rd game would have?

Rapier Racer
9th December 2014, 09:29 AM
You may be right...I tested the theory and it works, saved a shot of the site then increased the photos brightness and there it is

Knux_Chaotix
15th December 2014, 03:49 AM
Markiplier done 10/20 mode... I want to wife him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9qPj-YJcN8&list=UU7_YxT-KID8kRbqZo7MyscQ