PDA

View Full Version : Portable Console Info

DIXI200
27th June 2014, 10:53 AM
Hi I asked for some info on portable consoles example PSvita2000.
.. never used this type of console, and I'm very curious, I was thinking of buying in the future, right now I have one good reason to do so ...
I bought a year ago with the subscription PS3 had the ability to download games for free and for error I downloaded for PSVita games, including "WipeOut2048" that is dormant with engines off .. this is one of the reasons.
Some of you who use laptops can give me some other good reason?

thanks DIXI200

Cipher
27th June 2014, 11:11 AM
The PS Vita is awesome Fabione, not only for the PS Vita games but there's also quite a few PS1 classics that are fun playing on the Vita, the screen/resolution is awesome quality as well. I love that little thing, so glad i bought it ^^
Can check your mail with a nice built in app (Gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail, …), can watch youtube videos in HD and awesome quality with the youtube app, browse the web with multiple tabs, message your PSN friends without having to boot up the PS3, you can stream movies and music from your computer to the PS Vita (all via the vita, computer just has to be turned on), can check if there's any friends online you'd like to play with, all round it's a nice little device, definitely recommend it!
And it's not that pricy either, especially considering what it all can do, much better than a tablet or something similar in my opinion, battery lasts a long time as well! :)

If you get one though, make sure you get an 8GB memory card or higher, because it can fill up quick! The button layout is something you have to get used to, might want to try it in a store first, was a bit tough for me at first, but after a while you get used to it ;)

That's my view, mostly positive there's a few minor negatives (like you can't PSN message while playing a game, it only checks for messages every 15 minutes or so (email and psn), you can't copy paste in the browser application and some other minorities)

Cipher

Snakenator1
27th June 2014, 01:00 PM
The vita is a very nifty device, its a great alternative to most tablets like Cipher said. You get a ton of services such as internet, PSN and the store. Lots of ps1 classics, psp games and cool indie games available which you can buy on their and get a version for the PS3 to! you just buy the game and get versions for the vita and PS3! That's one of best things about the vita, you get a great service :)

My gripes though is the stupid and bloody expensive memory cards and the battery life is variable at the best of times. That's because the LED screen giving you visual candy ^_^ but eats your battery like no ones business. But the slim doesn't have a LED screen so you get a lot more playtime on one full charge but lower resolution.

I'd recommend it though, its a brilliant device to have ;)

Cipher
27th June 2014, 02:09 PM
^I don't have that much problems with battery life snake o_O
I do have the brightness set to the minimum though (it burns my eyes otherwise lol) and when there is indeed too much light around me, preventing me from seeing what's on the display, i can simply turn it back up (and you don't even have to go into the settings for it, just press and hold the ps button and the screen that pops up allows you to adjust it without having to quit your game ^^)
Mine is from late 2013 though, not sure if that's a slim version or not :p

Oh and another positive, if you get the sleeve thing for it (comes together with a leather casing kind of thing) then you can simply use the sleeve and put it in your inner pocket of your jacket, fits perfectly for me, so yes, it's quite portable as well (unlike a tablet)

Cipher

DIXI200
27th June 2014, 02:35 PM
I really like that little object .. :)
Thanks Cipher and Snakenator1 have fueled the fire .. :)
PsVita there is a version HD FURY?

Cipher
27th June 2014, 02:46 PM
Hehe, hope you enjoy it! :D

And yeah, if you have the digital version of wipeout HD/Fury on PS3, you get the 2048 DLC for free on the vita, it's basically the campaign mode of the PS3 as well as cross play capabilities (so you can play with people on the PS3 (but it's difficult though, easier to play it on the PS3 than on the vita :p)) No racebox and such though. If you have the retail version of wipeout (like i did) you'll have to buy the digital version from the psn store i think ;)

Cipher

DIXI200
30th June 2014, 08:31 AM
I have been to see it is very nice ... but no small .. ahaha I'll have to change the pockets of my jacket ahaha
The system connects to the PS3 PSVita only via WiFi .. with no cables?! to download games or something? .. psvita it can be used as a controller to play the Ps3? .. :rolleyes: maybe it is too

Snakenator1
30th June 2014, 09:38 AM
Yes you can connect to PSN via wifi with no cables and certain games do allow cross play with the vita ;)

But if you wish to transfer things like games, pictures, music etc from the PS3 to the vita and vice versa or even your PC! you'll have to use a USB cable that comes bundled with the Vita when you buy it and use its content manager. But the process is simple and usually very quick.

Also consider the slim variant if its to big, longer battery and smaller system but lower screen resolution.

Jonny
30th June 2014, 09:55 AM
Nope you can also transfer stuff via Wifi connection ;)
@Cipher: I never heard of this YouTube app!?

Just found out I need to be 18 and have to own a Main Account.
Damn pussy-like "youth protection" in Germany :O

Snakenator1
30th June 2014, 10:21 AM
You can use wifi? 0.0
*Checks vita* so you can :P

I prefer the cable as its faster and more reliable for me.

Cipher
30th June 2014, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Jonny's right, wifi works too, i've been using it all the time, also to stream movies or anime to the vita that are located on my computer, just plug in headphones in your vita, browse your compy for a movie and you're all set to to :P (works with the PS3 too of course, but i have most of my stuff on the comp)
@Jonny LOL didn't know that :P, seems rather silly as you can access youtube just fine on the web, vita doesn't support multiple accounts either, so it's not like you can easily switch to a different account =/

@Dixi yeah the vita can also be used as a controller for the PS3, but i wouldn't really recommend it, it lacks an R2 and L2 and doesn't sit as comfortable, still, it's possible :)
And for the connecting to the PS3 to download games, i think you simply do that via the PS store app for the vita, the vita doesn't really work like a PS3 with a dashboard, it's all seperate "apps" quite a few come pre-installed with the Vita, but others you can download form the PS Store, you can run up to 2 apps at the same time, excluding games, and the music app is special and can be ran in the background with more than 2 apps (if you run more than 2 apps, the other ones will return to "the main menu", but they'll still be there ;) )

You'll understand if you try it once, try finding a store Dixi, so you can give it a go :) And dunno about the size, i must have really large pockets then i guess xD, it doesn't fit in my jeans though, but it does in my jacket ^^

Cipher