PDA

View Full Version : Any Ace Combat pilots here?

Snakenator1
17th April 2014, 08:58 PM
This is one of my favourite game series ever :) although my experience is limited to:
Belkan war, unsung war, assault horizon and assault horizon legacy (3DS game)

So are any of you a Ace Combat pilot? and if so what is your favourite aircraft of choice? mine is the F-14D Super Tomcat :)

Xpand
18th April 2014, 03:12 PM
MEEEE!! Started with 5 and then explored most of it, especially the PS1 trilogy.

I haven't played Ace Combat for so long so I can't remember having a favourite plane, so I'm gonna say the F-15S MTD in the PS2 trilogy and the R-101 in Ace Combat 3.

Ragsus Maxima
28th April 2014, 11:12 PM
It's been a long time I don't touch an Ace Combat game since the 3rd installment on PS1, but I liked it when I was a child.

And if I have to name a favourite aircraft, mine is the XFA-36A Game.

WikEv_512
29th April 2014, 11:10 AM
I am !!! I'm still playing AC4 and AC5, the best games of the serie ! My favorite plane ? I would say the Mobius 1's F22, the Yellow 13's SU37 and the Razgriz's F14 !

Snakenator1
29th April 2014, 05:11 PM
Wait I forgot my other favourites, the x-02 wyvern and XFA-27 :)

Whizawk
29th April 2014, 08:44 PM
I have played every single Ace Combat game since the first back in 1995.
I'm excited to play Infinity when it releases in a months time.

I've always been fond of the MiGs, both 21 & 29.

Juissi
5th May 2014, 05:24 AM
HECK YEAH! I've been an Ace Combat fan since the first game, though Ace Combat Zero was the game that introduced me to the Strangereal universe. :D

And, because my favorite ace is Galm 1, my plane of choice has always been F-15C and F-15E. Oh yeah, the FALKEN kicks ass! :3

AGSys
10th May 2014, 03:32 AM
Dang, I've played a lot of Ace Combat games and I absolutely love them! The PS1 games were imo the best of the series though. The PSP games were the ones that got me into it and the latest one on PC is just badass. The graphics are stunning.

Jonny
18th May 2014, 09:16 PM
I watched some videos, looks fun. :)
Can someone recommand me a game? (PS: I have a PSX, PS2, PS Vita and a PC)

Snakenator1
18th May 2014, 09:29 PM
PS2 had the best games in my opinion: Zero the belkan war or Unsung war (aka squadron leader)
Vita: only one on PSN which is joint assault, not bad but the others are better ;)

Xpand
19th May 2014, 12:22 AM
The PS2 trilogy (04, 5, Zero) is the best in terms of story, immersion and emotional value. The narrative really pulls you into the game and they're all unique but share little details, like AC Zero is the war that happened 15 years before Ace Combat 5, and it's the main trigger for what happens in Ace Combat 5, and Ace Combat 04 is related to Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360) and Ace combat X (PSP) since AC04 deals with the falling of asteroid fragments on Strangereal (Ace Combat's Earth) which led to falling economies and resource driven wars between the most affected countries. These three (04, 5, Zero) and AC3 are probably the games I'd choose to have an HD remake if Namco gave me the choice.

The PS1 trilogy (Air/Ace Combat, Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3) has some of the best classic 90's arcade style games of the series, with the exception of Ace Combat 3. Ace combat 3 is amazing in the japanese (I wish I knew how to read it) version (probably the best game overall in the whole series) with amazing cutscenes and non linear story (the outcome of the story depends on which side you take in key points throughout the game), but the international versions are stripped down to just a simple linear campaign with almost no story at all, most of the time you aren't aware of what's happening. Still worth a try since it has some amazing visual features even for a game from 1999. The futuristic environment is just so enticing. The soundtrack for all three goes from classic arcade game rock in the first two, to futuristic/atmospheric techno in AC3 (My favourite soundtrack of the series).

The PSP versions are great for the most part. Ace Combat X is the nicest in my opinion.

Assault Horizon for the PS3 is the cancer of the series, at least for the long time fans.

Juissi
19th May 2014, 05:29 AM
Everything that Xpand said about Ace Combat sums up the whole series in its shining excellency of emotion, immersion and - the best of all in any series - having YOU as the figure tht allies and foes alike fear on the battlefield. Ahh, those good ol' memories... :3

There IS one thing that left me wondering...

... Ace Combat 04 is related to Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360) and Ace combat X (PSP)

How come AC4 is related to ACX? I do know AC6 has Chandelier, which was originally built to alleviate the fall of Ulysseus (much like AC4's Stonehenge), but I don't remember ACX having any relation to AC4, excluding the Fenrir... :?

Xpand
19th May 2014, 10:21 AM
ACX's events are between Leasath and Aurelia. Leasath was one of the countries affected by the Ulysses impact, but instead of using the funding they recieved from Aurelia and other countries in order to restore their economy, the government used those funds for military proliferation. Leasath then had a civil war and Diego Navarro (Leasath's dictator) blamed Aurelia for being involved in the conflicts. At least that's what's implied I think.

Snakenator1
19th May 2014, 10:26 AM
Why isn't ACX in the PSN store, joint assault is no where near as good :P
I really want to play X but I only have a vita.

KronicReaper
19th May 2014, 06:33 PM
I have Ace Combat: Event Horizon, but I might try it out or trade it in because I'm not a fan of jet fighter games.

Xpand
19th May 2014, 06:46 PM
Now we have this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8ZzQakr6CY
It's like a rebuilt version of Ace Combat 4, only on the real Earth (sucks) and mashing up the old stuff, like the soundtrack is a remix/reuse of the PS2 trilogy ost and the story is basically Ace Combat 4 with more or less the same squadrons.
It's like they're apologising for the craptastic Assault Horizon.
Too bad it's free to play. I'd rather pay for a whole game at once than pay for limited gameplay. I'd go to an arcade machine if I wanted that.
They keep f*cking the series up with these stupid moves IMO. Assault Horizon was their attempt to get some of the COD/BF3 fan base. By doing so they literally sh*t on the thousands of fans of the series. AC: Infinity is an amazing comeback but they f*cked it up by making it F2P/P2W with no choice to buy the full game.