PDA

View Full Version : Custom Game mode "Icaras Smackdown!!!"

Snakenator1
25th February 2014, 09:55 AM
So last night as I was online with a friend on HD Fury, and we came up with a custom game mode that we wanted to share. its called:

ICARAS SMACKDOWN!

The Rules:

1. all players must use the Icaras
2. set the event to single race and 10-20 laps
3. decide whether weapons are on or off
4. the track has to be a Technical circuit e.g: Sebenco Climb
5. Set the speed class to either Rapier or Phantom

Objective:

Using the Icaras you must eliminate your opponents as many times as possible, but you are only allowed to collide with them to deal damage. That's right, weapons are not allowed to cause damage to your opponent, only the craft you pilot. Turn yourself into a Kamikaze as you Shunt, shove,crash and exchange paint with your opponent to kill them. The only weapon you are permitted to use is the shield but you can absorb all other weapons to recover lost shield energy. But if you want a circuit littered with debris from destroyed ships then turn off weapons for a intense race.

The player with the least amount of deaths at the end of the race is the winner!!

If you tried me and my friends custom game mode then please leave feedback on how we can make it better, and remember this is how we play this type of race but you are more than welcome to change the rules to suit your style. Hope you guys have fun with "Icaras Smackdown!!!" :rock

TheConzio
25th February 2014, 11:38 AM
It would be great, but many people, such as I, don't have fast enough connection speeds to allow other players to be visible (non-ghosts).
If I was to play, no one could hit me and I can't hit them. We'd just go through each other.

Snakenator1
25th February 2014, 12:23 PM
but many people, such as I, don't have fast enough connection speeds to allow other players to be visible (non-ghosts).

We had a similar issue and its unfortunate, but we found that if we did a normal race for a while in the first lap we both become visible again but this will probably vary between players internet connection. If all else fails you can reserve this custom game mode for split-screen races with friends but the races will be shorter since you cannot alter the number of laps.