PDA

View Full Version : POLL - Preferred AVALON2014 event date[s]

blackwiggle
12th February 2014, 05:08 AM

After having a quick rethink, I thought it wisest to ask the pilots out there what date you all think would be the best to hold the event.

We want this to be a Ginormous Wipeout feast of speed.

TheConzio
12th February 2014, 06:10 AM
Anytime for me, always happy to race.

Danterich
12th February 2014, 08:05 AM
Whats wrong with feb 21-23 ? I´m pumped now and readdicted again, lol. March is ok for me, but after march 14 i will get sucked into Dark Souls 2.....prepare(d) to die (again)...and in april i´ve planned to buy me a PS4...
----praising the gods of wipeout in hope they would recreate WipEout for the new gen on PS4------

GekkoP
12th February 2014, 10:18 AM
First option for me: Friday March 21st to Sunday March 23rd. I already told my wife I need THAT weekend.

I haven't got any message yet, so please tell me if you don't want me in this event (and if so explain the reason). Just so I can do something else on that weekend then. :)

blackwiggle
12th February 2014, 11:50 AM
REGARDING AVALON2014 chatroom invites.

For those that have sent me friends requests.
I got a PSN message saying that a few have been denied due to me being maxed out friends wise.:frown:
Problem is, I haven't been able to find a way to send people a AVALON2014 chatroom invite unless they are on my friends list, or in my recent "Players Met" list.

So people.
To get everybody on the same page, if you already have a AVALON2014 chatroom invite, could you PLEASE pass the invite on to others who have yet to receive one, and want one, like Gekko_p above.

It takes all of us to make this event a success. :)

Thanks.

Dark_Phantom_89
18th February 2014, 07:14 PM
Whats wrong with feb 21-23 ? I´m pumped now and readdicted again, lol. March is ok for me, but after march 14 i will get sucked into Dark Souls 2.....prepare(d) to die (again)...and in april i´ve planned to buy me a PS4...
----praising the gods of wipeout in hope they would recreate WipEout for the new gen on PS4------

Agreed, what happened to running it this weekend?

terra-wrists
18th February 2014, 07:28 PM
i voted old fart :D

is true, whenever I host - people leave. I must smell.

Like an old fart.

blackwiggle
19th February 2014, 04:44 AM
Agreed, what happened to running it this weekend?

I don't know where you got the idea it was going to be held this weekend, [Maybe because those dates are also a weekend in Feb ?]
The first mention of a AVALON event was made in the pilots lounge, V's Legends Tournament thread.
I had recommended that that tournament had around a 7 week time frame to get organized before interest dropped off [which would of made it March 21-23 from when I posted].
When I saw that no progress was being made regarding that tournament , and after seeing all the interest it had got, I bit the bullet and started the AVALON2014 thread, I used the same time frame as I suggested the V's Legend tournament.

It was always for March 21-23, as I knew it would first need people to agree to help host it, and secondly give enough notice so all the old legends could be contacted and given a specific date for the event.

Rather pointless to announce a Avalon event to happen in 2 weeks time without knowing if any hosts are going to be available, especially since the online boards are pretty dead these days, I'd be just asking for failure

After that I realized that the Easter long weekend wasn't that far away, and thought ..... mumm.... maybe I'd give people the choice of dates for it, but pretty much everybody prefers March, so the dates haven't changed.

Dark_Phantom_89
19th February 2014, 08:00 PM
I got the idea from you in the other thread:

Since most pilots are Euro based, I suggest the weekend after Valentines day [22/23 Feb or 1/2 March], that's unless there is a long weekend very close to those dates being celebrated somewhere in Europe, then change it to that weekend..

It's not the end of the world moving it back a bit by any means, but you got my hopes up for it being this weekend. ;)

blackwiggle
20th February 2014, 03:39 AM
I got the idea from you in the other thread:

It's not the end of the world moving it back a bit by any means, but you got my hopes up for it being this weekend. ;)

OOP's :redface:
I can see now, it was still very much in hypothetical mode at that stage of the conversations in the other thread.

I was worried that I had started the AVALON2014 thread with the date stated as Feb, but I remember going with the time frame as I mentioned above, and to give it the best chance of success.

A lot of the Old Legend pilots we are trying to get haven't raced in years [ and would probably welcome the practice time before the event, as Hellfire alluded to ]

Mietepiet
20th February 2014, 05:57 AM
Then let's have some Avalon warming up races this weekend :)

blackwiggle
20th February 2014, 06:09 AM
Everybody that knows about AVALON2014 will be practicing, most in racebox [A lot under different PSNID's I imagine online, just to rate the opposition]
Then come the actual AVALON race days ... Whammo ... racing with their true PSNID's

I think over the course of the next few weeks we might see posts from GEN - ZONE pilots saying things like

WTF!!! I just got thrashed racing online Phantom by somebody using a Feisar HD craft ! [Wellington86 would be a good bet for that happening]
How? ..arghhh ...hang on ..hurgh?, where did he come from? How TF did he get in front of me?, would be a response to somebody racing against either Mad-Ice or Asayyeah

If this AVALON2014 is any way like the first couple of AVALON event's, then the GEN - ZONE will REALLY need to be in TOP form to place in the top 4 of any 8 pilot race.

You GEN-ZONE guys have no idea how good some of the Legends are online :eek:eek:eek

Greevb
21st February 2014, 09:31 PM
Oh wait can I change my vote to the May 21st dates, I'll be busy the 19th-20th of April :g

Aside from those dates and going into September/October I'm always down to race.

Also would someone mind passing on the chat room info to me?