PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout one multiplayer?

McConnor
24th June 2003, 03:40 PM
i've got he wipeout one in PC version since i buy it in 1996 in the box of the game the notice tell me about a mutiplayer version... i never heard or find it anymore did somebody knows more?

Thanks!

McConnor french player :wink:

vincoof
24th June 2003, 09:22 PM
Oh, un autre français :)

You need a link cable and two playstations, two WipEout discs, two controllers, two monitors, etc and two human players !

I don't remember all game mode available in two player, but at the very least there is single race and time trial. There are also two new weapons dedicated for multiplayer.

The multiplayer mode is also available for WipEout2097 and WipEout3 (even though you need a cheat code for WipEout3 because it's experimental and don't need a cheat code for WO3SE).
You can't play multiplayer on playstation2 because as far as I know you can't connect the link cable on PS2. Shame on them. This makes impossible to play multiplayer at WipEout Fusion for instance.

xEik
24th June 2003, 09:43 PM
I think Vinnie posts faster than he reads.

If I understood correctly, McConnor asked for multiplayer in the PC version, not the PlayStation one.

McConnor
25th June 2003, 12:08 PM
yeah i was talking about a multiplayer Pc version :wink:

vincoof
25th June 2003, 08:37 PM
doh !

I remember a thread about this in the old forums at ezboard. And for what I still have in mind, we were pretty pessimistic.

Thruster2097
25th June 2003, 09:45 PM
well, you can connect two PS2 together using an iLink cable, but a f a i k, it doesnt work with fusion.
But you probably already knew that.. 8)

zargz
26th June 2003, 03:39 AM
I think u can't link two ps2 with a ps1 games either right thrusty?

about the pc .. no idea. (o_o)

Alphonse75020
29th May 2004, 12:39 PM
When I bought the original version for PC of Wipeout in the box there was a bulletin where a multiplayer version of the game was announced.
As a big fan of the game, I send the bulletin and a couple of days later Sony France(I'm french, that's why my english is not perfect) answered me with a parcel where there was a Wipeout T-shirt (very rare!!!) and some stickers of wipeout 2097 and a note saying that the developpement of the multiplayer version had been cancelled.
So there's no multiplayer version of the PC game..
What a pity(the game was planned for 8 players)

Asayyeah
29th May 2004, 01:43 PM
Salut Alphonse comment va Ã* Paris? :wink:

Wellcome to the Board Al ( it's funny: you share the beginning of your first name with an american legend of this site : Al Sartwell , hope you are not as good as him :lol: :wink: )
Seriously it was a pity not to see a multiplayer version of Wipeout 1 pc and Wipeout XL/2097 pc, but maybe am i wrong but with XL's one you can play with your friends through LAN party
See you soon

Alphonse75020
29th May 2004, 02:02 PM
there was a patch made by fans to be able to play Wipeout XL/2097 PC up to 15 players if I remember

G'Kyl
30th May 2004, 06:45 PM
There never was a working version of the patch, though, was there? ;)

Alphonse75020
31st May 2004, 07:26 AM
Well I never find a player to test the patch, but when I installed it it seems to work...

G'Kyl
31st May 2004, 04:44 PM
Then maybe it did work on some machines. It's just that I read somewhere that the patch never really turned any WO installation into a working multiplayer game. As for myself, I wasn't able to even start the game after applying the patch. :(

Ben

vincoof
1st June 2004, 11:35 AM
If you have serious information on how to make it working "for sure", feel free to post the tips !!
It's very challenging to play against an human opponent, and for that I regret that WipEout Fusion does not support a multiplayer feature. Years ago I've played only for two or three hours against human opponents and I still remember every minute of that day.

Au fait, bienvenue Alphonse :)

Alphonse75020
1st June 2004, 10:46 PM
Well I reinstall Wipeout 2097 and try the patch but nothing changed.
I'll continue this subject into the WO2097 forum