PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day approaching

docfo4r
5th February 2014, 07:47 PM
So yeah... it is that time again. What do you have for your heart-throbs? The classical flowers & pralines/chocolate? A special dinner? Let's collect some nice ideas while there are still a few days left ;)

Knux_Chaotix
5th February 2014, 08:31 PM
Usually Valentines Day for both me and RR is hangover filled XD My bday is the day before. No idea what Im getting him though. Probably a box of Krispy Kreme... Im so romantic huh? :P Totally open to idea though, Im just not the best at present buying.

docfo4r
6th February 2014, 04:29 PM
Krispy Kreme looks nice, I wonder if we have such a thing in Germany. Yeah, I also suck at buying presents, or say, finding ideas. If I wouldn't have done it before, I'd print a nice photo of both of us, create a custom frame and decorate it with a theme that fits the photo. Buuuuut this is one of these "one times only" ideas :P

Colonel
6th February 2014, 04:38 PM
We don't usually buy each other presents, but this year I've really pushed the boat out. I've bought Yvonne a book on slow-cooking, it was on special offer at the book club at work - fiver. I hope she realises just how lucky she is. I shall also be cooking steak and getting her drunk. Really drunk.

Snakenator1
6th February 2014, 05:43 PM
Me and my special Girl are gonna have a movie night on Valentines day straight after college, just non-stop films =) I'm also getting her flowers especially assorted by me to show how much she means to me this year.

Knux_Chaotix
6th February 2014, 06:01 PM
I shall also be cooking steak and getting her drunk. Really drunk.

That sounds perfect and like my kind of night lol.

I honestly suck at soppy romance and stuff like that. So a big box of donuts and sitting at the side of the runway watching planes landing, taking off, y'know planes being planes is probably whats going to happen XD.

docfo4r
6th February 2014, 06:47 PM
Snakenator1, that sounds nice :) Also the planes idea, Sophia. Me and my gf are also very old fashioned and romantic when it comes to such things, but I dunno if I can even meet her up that day [we're not really living next door :P ]. So maybe I am going to send her something nice in case I can't meet her.

TheConzio
13th February 2014, 12:33 PM
Thought you guys could use this for your loved ones (if you haven't already seen it) as a little cheesy gift ;) Make your own one on the Google home page.

http://g.co/doodle/7qzfvq

blackwiggle
14th February 2014, 07:26 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT, EVER! book a table in ANY restaurant on Valentines day, anywhere in the world.

Any catering staff will tell you the same.

All restaurants get twice to four times as many requests for tables than they usually do for a day, and ALL for tables for 2 on Valentines day.
As most restaurants that sit 100-120 people, are setup to cater for tables of 4 to 6 people, with maybe 20 tables for 2, you can imagine trying to reconfigure a restaurant for 70 tables for 2 .... basically you can't do it.
So they pack everybody in really close together [It would be just as romantic trying to share a curry on a crowded Train/Bus]
Plus they usually change the menu to a "Special Valentines Day Menu" that on average costs you more than twice to three times the amount you would of spent any other night.
Another thing is that the kitchen is never used to doing so many small tables / individual orders in a normal service, so food coming out of the kitchen is nightmarishly slow, with people waiting ages for food, and floor staff just looking for somewhere to hide from irritate customers, who from no fault of theirs, are usually copping abuse.

Yeah, Valentines Day.
The second worse day in catering, world wide ..... the worst ...... Mothers Day, pretty much the same, just add kids.

Knux_Chaotix
14th February 2014, 09:30 AM
Well V-Day is here, as is my killer hangover as predicted XD Grabbing donuts with RR, watching the planes and picking up Apple Guy Cipher from the Airport. Casual awesome day ^_^ Hope everyone, either single or couples have a lovely day today ^_^

Colonel
14th February 2014, 08:32 PM
So far so good. Crab, prawn and lobster mouse to start, Duck a l'orange for the main. Just watching a bit of Police Academy on TV and drinking a very palatable Merlot. The Rioja wasn't up to much but no harm, no foul. We're about to watch Spike Jonze's "Her", which I have very high hopes for. Perfect Valentine's film by the looks of it.

Millionaire's shortbread to come, a nice Shiraz waiting to be opened and a White Grenache is chilling in the fridge. Happy Valentine's day everybody :)